Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

Es 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone,

Its funny how a lot of people keep asking the question about entering the club information! when i use my trackman 4 it asks, when i use The Quad at the Club It asks and when the reps are here with there flightscopes, It asks.. but just like the rest of them, its up to you if you want to input that information! Numerous times when testing i did not and the numbers where as expected!
    with Regards to the pricing 10,500 USD i thought was a little high, but then i also thought to myself they do regular updates at no cost! i guess they need to cover wages of staff members putting hours into it!
    Sorensen you seem miffed by my comments on the Trackamn and Flightscope, as an owner i have nothing to hide when it comes to these launch monitors and on a regular basis as i use them both regularly they miss a lot. when it works, it is extremely correct but the amount of times i hit a shot and i dont get club head data..OMG and thats a 25KUSD device!

Comment

• Tommyseb
      Tommyseb commented
      Editing a comment
      i think people are asking for this because on the ES16 if you chose 3 wood in the software but hit a wedge you would get vastly different numbers than if you'd selected a wedge in the software. the selection of club in quad and TM4 is only for statistically tracking, choosing a different club shouldn't impact the ball launch / carry numbers in any capacity.

very true, to be honest i didnt select any club when i was doing most of my testing. i will run it again tomorrow and post the results.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      My grandson out on the course would use a two club difference on shots compared to me, where it would take me a 8 iron to make the shot he would use a pitching wedge, but when using the ES-16 we both used the same club. In trying to use it for club fitting it would show very little difference to none on a range of clubs. Showed a 10 year old set of Golf Smith clubs doing just as well as a brand new set Mizuno JPX 900 Forged. I tried four different balls, one being a foam ball and got the same readings for all of them. That is why people want to know about the club selection, way to much information on the ES-16 was calculated not measured.

Nicholas, I think people are asking about club data to get comfort on something the ES16 was playing around with were they thought that club data was influencing numbers in the ball flight calcs rather that for just statistical purposes.

In in terms of radar missing data, I agree that they do sometimes miss club data especially with a wedge. I believe the comment that people are asking about is the radar is still not missing the shot which perhaps your initial post might have stated and they are just trying to clarify this point.

Comment

The reason we are asking is that if you know the club you can “guess” at spins fairly well. Check out this video of a $350 LM compared to quad when you tell it the club.

https://youtu.be/vOoipRcGV3w

so it “appeared” that when the ES16 was failing at properly measuring spin, ES used their ES14 algorithms to guess at spin. Hopefully it’s properly measured now.

Comment

Hi everyone, see below link with regards to spin numbers and club selection. it works!

https://youtu.be/AlkC_qobSF8

it dropped out during the video and that's my fault. Sorry!

Comment

• Stingreye
          Stingreye commented
          Editing a comment
          EDIT; Saw you hit SW as an SW. Edited out my comment. Good stuff. Glad to see that they are measuring the spin.
          Last edited by Stingreye; 12-21-2018, 05:28 PM. Reason: Comment was wrong......sorry!

• Stingreye
          Stingreye commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, is the ball a two piece ball and not a premium urethane cover. That might explain the lower spin than expected on SW too.

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting, I would love to see it go head to head with a GC2/HMT or GCQ. Delay is way long or at lest seems that way to me, but then it may not be anymore than what the ES-16 was, it been a while since I have used one. Again thank you for the post, I can't say I have any more faith in it than I did before, but it at lest looks to be better than the ES-16 was but that is not saying much and don't think it warrants the price they are asking, IMHO the GC2/HMT is a much better deal. I agree with andygg1986 Would love to see it and a GC2 reading the same shot as he said, it would be really interesting to see how they both read the same shot

Nice review Nick! I question that ball speed? Seems very low for your club speed with driver

Comment

Working...
        X