Es 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Es 2020

I own a GC Quad but saw a new YouTube video on the ES2020 ...he is the link https://youtu.be/z-Shnx6x2DQ

That looks interesting.

Comment

TBH if I owned a quad. I wouldn't even give the ES product line a moment of my time.
      Last edited by triplebogeysrbetter; 10-26-2018, 01:32 AM.

Comment

wouldn't even consider it!

Comment

They have yet to put out a video of it really being used, nor have they posted anything on their products comparison page about it. I have yet to see anyone post anything about having or using one and it was suppose to be released in January of this year. I haven't gotten to use my GC2 very much since I got it, things have been a bit hectic for me right now, but when I have gotten use it I didn't have any problems and got good quality reads from it matching what I was seeing on my hits. I have not seen anything to show the ES-16 has been improved to do what it claimed it was able to do, and there is only one person I know of who got anything done about the ES-16 that they had and were unable to use. I never could get my ES-16 to function as claimed it would and wish I had never had one. I have seen nothing to show the ES 20/20 can perform as well as a GC2 or anything else for that matter.

Comment

Can I preorder 10 of these?

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
              JackedUpSwing commented
              Editing a comment
              Almost swallowed my gum reading this. 10/10

Two words: track record.

Reputations follow us, both personally and in business. It's a fact of life. ES has a bad one, and it is fully deserved.

They put out a product in ES16 that didn't work out of the box. They cried wolf numerous times about a fix, and never got there.

What became clear to all of us here is that they failed to do even basic testing. If they did, that hardware would have not made it past the prototype stage (read: they wouldn't have made a second one).

Quality control and durability are one thing. But releasing a design that does not work shows either complete incompetence from top to bottom of willful blindness.

Comment

There still not collecting club data. Looks like all -- on the left side in this video.

Comment

• dbgolf72
                dbgolf72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ouch..nice observation

I am also one of the ES16 owners of more problem than it worked, mainly because I wanted to use the ES16 90% outside. I had the feeling that Ernest Sports really wanted to provide us with the ES16 a device with the promised performance data available. Unfortunately, they had technical staff who were completely incompetent.
              I agree with most critical comments regarding ES16 match, but I also believe to give them a second change.

For this reason, I ordered now the ES 20/20 and the first tests on the range I am very optimistic.
              Ball recognition works, 90% of the swings recorded, length and deviation are OK (control measured by laser). Bluetooth detection much better. I had also done tests on the range, where the deep autumn sun was shining directly on the ES 20/20 and it still worked. For me, this is a device that I can use in that way I want and see that there is even more potential. Sometimes there are still problems with Spin and Club Path at the moment.
              ES 20/20 is a major improvement over ES16, but it was really necessary, because ES16 actually did very little compared to the promised features.

Comment

Thanks for your post nice to see some real info. Judging by your setup and position at the top looks like you have a decent swing. I can’t see you hitting a SW that would produce those numbers. In my opinion at least half of the numbers are suspect.

Comment

Spin is a pretty critical parameter to get correct, without that, so much of the flight info is garbage. I agree with DB, those numbers are questionable. That spin on a wedge is very very low.

IMO if it doesn’t even perform as well as a Skytrak, how can they sell it for what they are? I’m guessing it’s over $6k. For that it should at least match the GC2.

Hope they get the measurements sorted for you.

Comment

Windy Picture 3 shows a pull shot, "Pull: Club-face square. Swing path is out-to-in. The ball path heads slightly left and goes in a straight line without curving." yet your club data shows a swing path in to out and a 18.7 degrees difference in swing-path to club face. Along with the rest of the readings things just don't add up to good numbers being captured, and to me 90% is not a good result for readings. As you can see in the picture I have lost my sims room for the time being due to my mother-in-law's illness and death, and have only been able to use my GC2 outside for what small amount I have gotten to use it. Yet it has only missed one shot which I hit fat and took a divot so big I don't think it ever got to see the ball for a reading on that one. From what I see on your post they have improved the ES 20/20 over the ES-16 but not enough to really matter, to me for the cost and all the GC2 wins hands down I have yet to get the HMT add on, but even without it I have done more to help my swing than I was ever able to do with the ES-16 and I see nothing to make me think the ES 20/20 will ever equal the quality of readings you get using a GC2 with a HMT. The ES 20/20 was suppose to be released in January of this year but is just now coming out and still has problems, not something I would want to spend money on to not know when or if they will ever get it fixed when there is proven product on the market in the same price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Markhelsby
                      The question is, why would you? I bought a reconditioned GC2 with HMT for the same price as the ES20/20..
                      What are they selling the 20/20 for?

Comment

I am glad that you are satisfied with the GC2. I have decided to go next steps with Ernest, that everyone has to deal with himself.
                        I had also made a few shots at the indoor mode and the data was better, but on the range were very difficult conditions, because the deep sun has shinning exactly into the camera of ES 20/20. I was really surprised that the shots were even recognised under that conditions.
                        Technical problems can always occur that happens even on the big ones in the IT business. I think they have learned a lot from the mistakes, I was one of the first to have the ES16 and if I compare now with ES 20/20, then much better, also concerning the support.

So I am looking very optimistic to the future on ES 20/20.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Windy.

But not even your pictures are making sense. Not only is the data off (IMO), but so are the pictures. On the first pictures at the range upper left hand app says "ES16".... and on your second set of pictures hitting in your garage, why are you putting on a dress shirt and jacket to take a picture of the app. lol And the dates say 3/11/18.

So, not only does the data not make sense, but neither do the pictures you've uploaded.

What gives?

Comment

Working...
                          X