Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @beau lester (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - The Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (Pro Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

Used ES16 Tour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used ES16 Tour

Hello,

So I have the opportunity to buy a used ES16 Tour.
    The guy that is selling it has used it for simulation in his home together with E6golf including 12 courses.
    He bought it new in 2016.
    I’m going to test it this Sunday.
    Is it something special I should think about when buying a used one?

To be blunt - don’t bother!
    Do a little homework and read about the ES16 on the forum. If you still want to purchase after reading some experiences / opinions, then I’d be very surprised.

Comment

Save yourself a big headache and look for something else

Comment

I had one for a couple of years. Perhaps I got worse over time, but I think it was the ES 16 since my scores on a real course have not change much. I liked it for a while, but finally decided to sell it due to the amount of readings that were questionable and other reasons. ES finally admitted the unit had flaws and came out with an upgrade called the ES 20/20, but one would have to come up with about $3K to get the upgrade. My suggestion, avoid it.

Comment

save yourself the headache.. get a skytrak. if you have the extra $$$ get a GC2.

Comment

As others have said, don't do it. My own experience with ES16 was not good.

A friend who got stuck with one literally uses it as a doorstop. He's an ethical guy, and he can't bring himself to sell it to anyone.

Comment

I've given this some more thought. For good ball strikers the main issue with the ES 16 is horizontal launch angle.
              I was not aware of the tough misread issues with this unit until some of my golf buddies came over for a round at Pebble Beach. These guys are around bogie golfers and to me that is a fairly good golf. At the time I was around scratch. The round was ok for me, but the distance and direction misreads and no reads were a disaster for the other guys and very frustrating.

For practice, I could have gotten along with the ES 16, but I wanted to drink beer and play with friends over. Not fun with that unit.

The thing is, I now have a Protee setup. It also has issues and due to those I am once again uneasy about inviting people over to play. So, I'm in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
              X