Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ernest Sports Tour Plus - Missing in action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Sports Tour Plus - Missing in action?

So, has anyone actually found any details or used the Tour Plus model, other than that video from January? Their own website still shows pictures of the old model. A little odd for a kind of newly announced (3 months ago now) product to have zero information online, anywhere. Price has been mentioned its alot cheaper now, but still no details.

I asked Par2Pro about this and they have one to test. They haven't been able to test it thoroughly yet.

​​​
    Last edited by DS12; 04-19-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

DS12 okay thanks, weird as they said 3 months ago in the video that they had one to test.

Comment

• DS12
        DS12 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure the increase in demand for simulator materials/setup with the shelter in place orders has limited testing

I have upgraded my ES16 to the Tour plus. The upgrade I believe is a new light board, lights and camera lens that allow for much better ball recognition. The good is that the ball read and misreads are much better. Spin, spin axis and horizontal azimuth is much, much better. The shot to show is about 1 second so much better than Skytrak.
      Logo alignment is needed for spin measurement on full shots and pitches but not for short chips or putts. Shot shaping is accurate. I see more chips non reads. With chipping one should use the L wedge which puts it in chipping mode. I’m seeing a lot of falls reads due to radar misreading soft chips with certain irons. I think they are looking at this in a future update. Putting reads very well. I have been using with the ES16 app and TGC. Overall the unit is certainly comparable to the Skytrak. Club data is fairly accurate but I suspect it’s calculated. I have not tested it outdoors yet but suspect it will struggle in bright light. I’ve had no issues with “fat shots”.

Pros - Improved ball data (especially horizontal measurements), accurate spin measurement, putting very accurate

Cons - Club selection needed for better accuracy, short chips sometimes hard to read due to microphone trigger, Logo alignment needed for accurate spin axis (not for chipping and putting)

Comment

• DS12
        DS12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear the updates are working. Unfortunate that they can't take advantage of the isolation spike in simulator sales with their new model.

For the club selection, is that only (mostly) related to short chips or is it everything Driver to Wedge that gets better accuracy when selecting the proper club?

• Bubba22
        Bubba22 commented
        Editing a comment
        My understanding is that club selection adjusts the camera timing to better allow for as many pictures taken. If you select driver and hit a long iron or wood, I don't see any difference. Chipping is better when the chip mode is used.

Bubba22 I am starting to wonder if you are going to need to expand your sim room in order to put all the different launch monitors that you have... Some people have a lot of putters, some a lot of drivers, but few had a lot of launch monitors. Its great that you have all the gear as it really allows for some great input on the tech that is out there.

Comment

• Bubba22
        Bubba22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have way more putters and drivers than launch monitors, lol!

• Dax
        Dax commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! I agree, It is a bad habit to break

Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
      I have upgraded my ES16 to the Tour plus. The upgrade I believe is a new light board, lights and camera lens that allow for much better ball recognition. The good is that the ball read and misreads are much better. Spin, spin axis and horizontal azimuth is much, much better. The shot to show is about 1 second so much better than Skytrak.
      Logo alignment is needed for spin measurement on full shots and pitches but not for short chips or putts. Shot shaping is accurate. I see more chips non reads. With chipping one should use the L wedge which puts it in chipping mode. I’m seeing a lot of falls reads due to radar misreading soft chips with certain irons. I think they are looking at this in a future update. Putting reads very well. I have been using with the ES16 app and TGC. Overall the unit is certainly comparable to the Skytrak. Club data is fairly accurate but I suspect it’s calculated. I have not tested it outdoors yet but suspect it will struggle in bright light. I’ve had no issues with “fat shots”.

Pros - Improved ball data (especially horizontal measurements), accurate spin measurement, putting very accurate

Cons - Club selection needed for better accuracy, short chips sometimes hard to read due to microphone trigger, Logo alignment needed for accurate spin axis (not for chipping and putting)
      Thanks for the info, just to be clear, you purchased the new unit after owning the older one? Or you sent your old unit in to get the unit upgraded to feature the newer parts?

Comment

• Bubba22
        Bubba22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent my old unit in to be upgraded.

thanks, i still find it bizarre that there is zero information about the new unit online.

Comment

Does this really need 10 feet of ball flight? I saw it listed in the ES16 manual. I'm guessing that hasn't changed with the new model. Even the Mevo+ (radar) can read shots with about 8 feet and isn't this primarily a camera based monitor?

Comment

• Silver
          Silver commented
          Editing a comment
          its unclear what the new unit is as 4 months after announcing there is ZERO feedback or details. Even the people who said they have a unit to test/review, havent it. So to me, I'm making the aassumption that the unit is NOT ina working state and ready for sale, maybe bugs or glitches causing a delay.

• Bubba22
          Bubba22 commented
          Editing a comment
          It does not need 10 feet of ball flight. I see no difference testing at 7 feet vs 10.

DS12 who knows? 4 months after showcase at the PGA show, still zero details and their own site still shows the older model.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
          DS12 who knows? 4 months after showcase at the PGA show, still zero details and their own site still shows the older model.
          I completely agree Silver. The new upgrades are good but the reviews have been slow. They need to upgrade their website to show the new changes for sure. There must be some users out there with the new upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post

How much was it for the upgrade and how do you think it stacks up against the other consumer LM and GC2?

Comment

• bubbtubbs
              bubbtubbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. I'm mostly looking at Mevo+ right now but saving a bit more for GC2 is a consideration. The included software package and some measured club data with the Mevo+ is a pretty big draw, but I have considered picking up one of these used and doing the update.

• Bubba22
              Bubba22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mevo plus does show AoA and club speed only. I suspect the path and face will be available at an upgraded fee in the future. GC2/HMT/Quad is the best in my opinion.

• bubbtubbs
              bubbtubbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Quad will always be out of my price range. We can afford it, but I don't think either of us would be able to justify spending 20k on a single simulator component. HMT is an option because I can add it in the future if I think it's necessary, though.

Mostly I'm interested in CHS and AoA since I'm a bit steep, which makes me great with fairway woods but not very efficient with driver and that's something I'd like to work on. My pro can work on path and face issues if they crop up.
          Working...
          X