Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Shadow Creek !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - ZOZO Championship at Sherwood with 2 rounds at Tobacco Dunes Golf Club ProTee: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ip-at-sherwood
See more
See less

ES TOUR PLUS - DRIVER vs EYE XO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck
    replied
    I set up an E6 Connect Demo and had the ES Tour Plus up and running in about a half-hour. It plays really nice. Very good in fact. The only issue I experienced was chipping and a couple of no-reads on light SW swings. Putting was excellent; with great distance and speed modeling. I need to compare that to EXPUTT as it seems to be identical in feel (for me).
    I loved the driver too in E6. Unlike the very good TittleX unit where the ball direction is towards the aiming stick, the ES you can aim. For me, this is the coolest part of an LM like this.
    My first impression was like WOW! This is really good stuff. I want to understand what's going on with the SW/chipping but that may be ME needing to go to the chip/n/putt practice area.

Leave a comment:

• a98cr125
    commented on 's reply
    The unit has the delay like SkyTrak. Does it on their ES Golf software too. I’m using separate PC’s here.

• bubbtubbs
    replied
    Is the shot delay part of the unit? Or is it a function of running the two range softwares at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• a98cr125
    commented on 's reply
    Great to know. Thanks for sharing your results. I can’t speak bad about a product that’s working for me just because a few users have concerns. Good to know others have it working as well. I tried to be very clear it takes proper calibration and very careful placement of the right ball etc. It’s a little quirky for sure but getting decent results as you can see. I’m working with the developer to test some other balls as well and to get launch removed on putting in E6 they will make a big improvement I’m sure. Seems to be a decent unit in its price space based on my testing so far just unique for sure.

• Bubba22
    replied
    It’s possible you had a defective unit Jon but the ES Tour plus does need to have things like the proper logo etc to work well. Definite straight logos work better. Although a bit picky, it reads things well when setup well. I see the same results you’re seeing Jay. I would be interested to see a review comparing the common golf ball logos like Taylormade, ProV, Srixon etc

Leave a comment:

• a98cr125
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, it did ok after realizing the missed side spin was due to needing that logo very level it performed ok. I did verify with ES that if it misses side spin the camera and radar still will read launch and direction showing an estimated flight without spin axis so it does not miss completely.

• Jon
    replied
    All in all, I thought your unit performed fairly well for the driver in your driver review video. Certainly a lot better than mine. I was expecting to see much bigger discrepancies. Maybe I just got a defective unit.

Leave a comment:

• a98cr125
    replied
    Also, I might do the same test with a Taylormade or other "bold" type logo ball as they suggested to see if it reads the side spin more accurately. Just seems like the backspin and side spin being higher is what stuck out to me.

Leave a comment:

• a98cr125
    started a topic ES TOUR PLUS - DRIVER vs EYE XO

ES TOUR PLUS - DRIVER vs EYE XO

First off, enjoy my 2 big misses haha Perfect to show comparison and performance of reading them. This video is covering the ES TOUR Plus Driver Review compared to the UNEEKOR EYE XO Launch Monitor. I used the E6 Connect Golf Simulator Software to runt he ES TOUR PLUS and the VIEW software for EYE XO. It was actually a good thing I hit a few misses at first to see how things read and they a few decent drives. I never really hit one my best but I think this shows a great comparison of driver using the ES TOUR PLUS launch monitor. I did have a few side spin misses at first when testing driver. I contact Ernest Sports and they informed me that the logo being very level and pointed at the unit is extremely important for driver. Since paying close attention to this setup I found almost no missed side spin. I did however see that there is higher backspin and higher side spin read in some cases. This would cause a bigger miss. I am going to continue to work with Ernest Sports to see if there is anything causing this and will keep everyone up to date on the progress.
Working...
X