ES Tour Plus clubface data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES Tour Plus clubface data

I just got my ES Tour Plus set up, and I find a lot of value to the statistics that are reported. One area that I would love to have is if it would tell me where on the clubface I struck the ball. Is this included in the stats and I am not seeing it?

Thanks,
    John

The ES Tour plus will not measure or estimate club face contact.

Comment

ES Tour does not provide that. Actually I ended up find out after my testing and talking to the engineers there that the club data is actually calculated from the ball data. The device does not actually read the club data.

Comment

Correction; Most club data is measured by the front radar pair but not the impact location. Things like club path, face angle, club head speed are measured. You can't get that data any other way.
        Courses Created:
        Cresent Hill KY (L)
        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

The unit measures ball data but not all club data. ES16 only measures club speed and sort of measures angle of attack. The rest of the club data is calculated. http://www.ernestsports.com/wordpres...is-calculated/

Comment

Really good reference Bubba22. What I've found is if it doesn't get it's club data you will see the unit try to adjust based on other values. So when I don't see club data, I know something was not correct with the shot. When I do see club data, I instantly know that the sim has the true representation of ball flight. And by the way, it does show club face horizontal impact position in TGC2019 which look like reasonably good values. E6 Connect doesn't generate this, nor does ES driving range software.

In spite of the annoyance of no-reads on fat shot, I've really grown to like the ES Tour Plus a lot, and I'm really pleased with it 1 year later. It really has improved my game. I trust it's values; they are spot-on 95 out of 100 time.
            Last edited by Chuck; 06-19-2021, 12:43 AM.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Chuck
              Chuck commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not tried a skytrack, but I have played many skytrack and flightscope owners. On skytrack, it seems to play well as an observer on the other side and it has about as many misreads as the ES16 TP. The flightscope seems to be really good too. What I've found on ES16 TP, is ball placement is critical; tee it up exactly 10in from the clubside front corner and about 1/2in out from the corner. Make that ball position the center line to the center of the game as projected to the screen, the ES16 should be directed parallel to that line. It effects everything, from driving at a target, irons and wedge play, to dead straight putting. How you line up to the center of the screen with TGC2019 and E6 makes all the difference in the quality of the sim. Note. E6 you can adjust that centerline offset left-right as well as ball position from the screen in settings, but it will mess with your mind if you get it wrong but do adjust the ball position from screen as that will effect the field of view.
              Last edited by Chuck; 06-19-2021, 11:31 PM.

• Chuck
              Chuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Just to follow up on tips; I found on putting you need the unit and putting surface perfectly level as that is what the sim software expects. It's all optical but it's only working with a couple of images. You only need about 2ft of LEVEL putting surface for the sim to work. The speed of the putt is affected by the stimp of that portion of the mat in the simulator so putting will require practice to adapt to your mat and the stimp the simulator software is playing at. On a typical mat, its pretty close to the stroke you would use on a green with the stimp the sim software uses. It is a touchy-feely thing.
              Last edited by Chuck; 06-20-2021, 12:56 AM.

• a98cr125
              a98cr125 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah Bubba22 is correct, I talked to the engineers. The path and face angle are 100% being calculated by ball data, this has been confirmed by the engineers I spoke to myself. I was told only club speed was being picked up by radar. Also, I had a decent experience with it as well, but it is tough to recommend just due to the higher price and how sensitive it is to calibration and setup vs SkyTrak etc. It is a decent unit.

There is nothing like running a test to see the effect the radars have. So I put a sheet of metal in front of the club side radars, I didn't see any effect on any of the numbers. I only took a few swings, but nothing profound changed. I did similar to sim-side/ball side radars. I didn't see much effect either on that side. So I'm surprised that the ES Tour is mostly an optical. So Jay your right. Instead of a 3D doppler radar that could give spin , it's just linear doppler radar used just for speed measurements. So club speed and ball speed could be radar measured but it doesn't rely on it. I heard the difference between the ES2020 and ES16 is the camera speed with the ES2020 captured a larger number of [stereo based on the appearance] frames for processing and so they can do away with the audio trigger. Other than that, the units are similar.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Working...
            X