Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

new board member with ES Tour pro and some software issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new board member with ES Tour pro and some software issues

Hello all.

I am a new member. I am living in Switzerland and I am using a ES Tour Pro at my garage since September 20. I wanted to have a direct comparision to the Skytrak, but nobody could realise and deliver the Skytrak last year and so I did buy the ES tour.
    Overall I have the same experiences the other forum members are discussing, problems with miss-reads more than no-reads. IMHO the no-reads on full shots and pitch shots are ball related, harder balls with a clicky sound are better to use
    additional I am having at my home-club a covered bay with enough room to use the device outdoor sometimes.
    My experiences are funny: If I set up the iPad software to OUTDOOR and hit a terrible cut, the device is not reading this as horrible as I can see, the other way around: sometimes with a normal strike the system reads a high slice. my experiences outdoor are to keep with the INDOOR settings because I have the overall feeling that the device is reading more correctly. I did try to calibrate outdoor as well, no difference.

What I have to complain and maybe someone can help because e.mail help from Ernest Sports is very poor...
    1. the device is indoor and outdoor usable, but why can I not have a 2nd fix calibration for outdoor use?
    2. some of my clubs are giving problems and miss-reads to the device, shiny blades with polished sides next to the groves
    3. calibration is needed frequently otherwise the device is reading more and more miss-reads (not no-reads)
    4. ES Golf range software (award winning?) for iPad seems not as ready as the Windwos version, I found no setting for club gapping and club compare, the bag symbol at the left side menu is there and I can set the 4 different clubs with 4 different colours, but I get no results as shown at their web page - only the pure statistics, no coloured circle or such things - no gapping

and there is an other simple question: if I would like to have a bit more than the ES Golf range software but want not to spend 2.500US$ to the E6 software, what alternatives do I have for iPad? I did ask Ernest Sports and they told my in October that they are working on something...
    for me at the moment the "cheapest" solution would be buying a used Windows Notebook and use the TGC2019

Comment

You could do the yearly Subscription for E6 connect. USD 300 basic, 600 all except the a few super famous courses like Pebble Beach. It's a good batch. Just call Trugolf.com. You can get a free demo license with one full playable course which is a good way to get going. I think you find E6's practice ranges far superior to ES's.

Comment

Unfortunately I think I really have to call them, because they are not answering on the contact message from their contact page at the web. What a shame.

Comment

Working...
        X