New Ernest Sports LM in January?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ernest Sports LM in January?

At the end of this this video (around 50 second mark) from Par2pro, the ES rep says a new "beefed up LM" that can do "everything that people are paying $18k+ for" will be released at this coming PGA show in January.

Anyone have info or thoughts on what they are working on?

Price point?
    Last edited by Blaiser; 09-07-2017, 02:46 AM.

Man, that sounds hauntingly familiar! The ES-16 is still in its infancy and they're gonna jump to another project? Or maybe it's the newer more refined 16 that they've been working on? The Spectrum.

Comment

I do feel like a new release is throwing in the towel on the es16. Which then leads me to believe that if they do make a "beefed up" version, it will be at an entirely different price point -- maybe ~$10k -- so that it sits in a different category of the es16.

If it comes in at a price point close to the es16, with better specs/capabilities, I suspect current es16 owners will not be happy at all.

However, I'm very interested.

Comment

Ok. Didn't see the video before... so sounds like a totally new product. I'm curious what the price point will be as well. Gosh I hope this one's actually ready for prime-time upon release. Obviously a lot of hard lessons learned with the ES16, but I do feel for those folks who supported the beta run. Hopefully Ernest Sports takes good care of them with respect to trade-in values. We have yet to see if the new iteration has even resolved the current issues. And now there's an even better unit due to be released? The ES-16 was supposed to be billed as the unit that could do what everyone wanted it to do. I know they're good people with good intentions, but I'm one who had the 16 on pre-order. Ended up going with FS. Really glad I did, especially with all this happening.

Comment

Hey All,

They really didn't specify if it was a whole new unit or a fix to the ES16. We still have ours for beta testing, but have not gotten any further updates other than this teaser. Hoping that it is just a fix so we can just update / exchange our ES16s

Happy Golfing!
          Cory

Comment

Yeah, I made another pst about this a little while ago. It is a new es16 version a I believe the new price will be $5900 and that the charge will be the difference of $500. That's what I was told and to restate my own feelings on that, I think it sucks that we don't get the upgrade for free since these are features we were promised, but if this new version costs more to produce, then it is what it is.

Comment

I'd say will lose all credibility as a serious option if this release is not spot on....

they've used up the "good will" card with the ES16 launch prior to being ready.

if not 100% ready, a word to the wise... don't release it. Most of us don't trust the release at this point and will simply sit back and watch.

If in fact the product lives up to the promises you have a winner...... we shall see

Comment

i would personally run from that company and look at putting a reversal on your credit card asap might get there attention

Comment

I remember talking to one of the guys there once about the unit not registering shots if I hit it fat, and his response was essentially that - "research has found that it is to the golfers advantage not to obsess on the information from a bad shot like that, so I wouldn't worry about it" .... my response "so if i want to play a full round of sim golf, how does that work? I just take a mulligan on all my bad shots?" ..... I wish all the ES16 owners luck and I hope ernest does them right.

Comment

• Blaiser
                    Blaiser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow. Now that is just ridiculous. If ever there was a desperate statement that is just short of throwing in the towel, that is it right there.

Early 2018 release date ES18, suppose to be able to use in direct sunlight and not have to possition logo at the devise. I believe price is suppose to be around $8K, at least that is what I was told.

Unfortunately I just can't see jumping in on this, I just can't believe it will be better than a GC2 with HMT (I hope I'm proved wrong).

Comment

From what I was told the January 2018 unit will have new faster cameras and be able to do all the things that we were told the ES-16 would do, which pretty much will guarantee a new higher priced unit. Question is will it have the performance it should have, and will the ones of us who purchased the ES-16 be taken care of or left behind? Sad part is here lately I have heard from several of those at Ernest Sports say "You can't expect it to be perfect." and to me that is like them saying they no longer care. I at one point built components for the DOD and they dam sure expected everyone to be perfect, and I am proud to say the only unit I ever built that failed, failed due to a faulty component supplied to me by the DOD. I also packed parachutes for a while in my life and everyone that jumped one I packed expected them to be perfect, and again I am proud to say that not one of the thousands that I packed ever malfunctioned. Now I won't say I expect the ES-16 to be perfect but I dam sure expect it to do what it was claimed to be able to do when I bought it.

Comment

• Ookie
                      Ookie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very surprised that these guys haven't ended up in a courtroom. Look up something called the "implied warranty of merchantability." Goods must meet sales claims and statements on packaging.

"In January 2018, Ernest Sports will reveal a revolutionary new launch monitor, the ES 20/20. With enhanced Doppler technology along with major advancements in camera technology, this launch monitor will perform at a level that has never been seen! Through direct measurement of both club and ball data, the ES 20/20 is a dream come true for golf professionals/instructors, game improvent seekers, simulation enthusiasts, and club fitters".

That was contained in an email I'm sure many of you have received from Ernest Sports by now and yes, they did spell improvement wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonate View Post
                      "In January 2018, Ernest Sports will reveal a revolutionary new launch monitor, the ES 20/20. With enhanced Doppler technology along with major advancements in camera technology, this launch monitor will perform at a level that has never been seen! Through direct measurement of both club and ball data, the ES 20/20 is a dream come true for golf professionals/instructors, game improvent (sic) seekers, simulation enthusiasts, and club fitters".

That was contained in an email I'm sure many of you have received from Ernest Sports by now and yes, they did spell improvement wrong.
                      If it is revealed in 2018, bet they don't get it working until 2020. Hence 20/20.

Lack of attention to detail with spell checking is not surprising from a company that released a product that was obviously never even tested outdoors before they started shipping them to customers.

Comment

Ha - I was thinking 20/20 because now they have a clear vision of what not to do.

Comment

• Baller
                          Baller commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is hilarious!
                      Working...
                      X