Tittle X Golf Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tittle X Golf Simulator

This is something new I found. It's the Tittle X Golf Simulator from tittlegolf.com. Mine just arrived two days ago. The Tittle X device is not meant to be a full impact simulator, but more of a practice tool with simulator feedback. It comes with a short two foot club called a swing stick that's weighted to feel like a real club and has a mechanical head that provides a 'kick' when the club is at it's lowest swing trajectory giving it the haptic feedback of striking a ball. The Title X device is very similar in concept to the R-motion device. You have a small thumb size bluetooth device that clips onto the the 'swing stick' that does what the R-motion does. It records all of the club swing parameters and calculates clubs speed, ball flight distance. The software provided is the E6 Truegolf simulator with a 12 courses. Tittle provides a very professional looking middleware that reads the bluetooth data and feeds processed swing data to the E6 Truegolf software. I also found on the Google play store that Tittle has an beta version Android golf simulator that gives you a diving range and a few holes of golf. In addition to the Tittle deice, they also give you two additional clips for your own clubs, one for your 7-iron and one for your putter although they say on their website not to use real balls because it 'will' damage the device. They say nothing about foam balls though. So the way it's designed it's perfect for practicing in your living room or office, were ceilings may be low. It's a great system for the kids, or for folks trapped in a snow bound apartment building. For indoor use, indoor practice, or teaching your kids golf, it's a wonderful device and safe for your ceilings.

The quality of the Swing stick, and Tittle device are excellent and durable. The Tittle X thumb size device has a very readable white LED display that shows displays info on the status of the chip. It shows charging scale, 'Ready' message, 'Swing' the time, swing speed and yardage. The E6 Truegolf simulator is very responsive with very very little lag between ball impact and simulator action. Same with the Android beta simulator. It's a Great device to just have fun with.

Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

I've done some more experimenting with the Tittle X, and while it has some minor issues, It works very well with real clubs (I used all of them from Driver to Putter) with 'almost balls' and for the wedges and putter It works best with real balls. The Cradle (or clip as I call it) and chip are super easy to move from club to club (you only need one clip for all of your clubs). Just snap in on the club base (near the head of the golf club), slide the clip-n-chip up to the grip, twist the clip to align it with the club face, take your stance and when the tittle says "Ready" and buzzes the club, take your full swing. I found with the real balls on the driver and irons, the distance was a always short, and on some clubs it would spin the clip. No problem with the foam balls or almost balls. I found the almost balls to provide the most realistic distances and flights.

I'm going to post a video of this sometime soon, but it's really easy to move the tittle clip-n-chip from club to club. It's probably the easiest golf simulator to use right out of the box. And a $199 with E6 12 course license. Wow.
    Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

You have to do this every time you move it? This doesn't sound that great or the easiest. Overtime it sounds like this will mess up the shaft band labels. Some people are pretty peculiar about that kind of thing.
      Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      The Cradle (or clip as I call it) and chip are super easy to move from club to club (you only need one clip for all of your clubs). Just snap in on the club base (near the head of the golf club), slide the clip-n-chip up to the grip, twist the clip to align it with the club face, take your stance and when the tittle says "Ready" and buzzes the club, take your full swing.

I'm going to post a video of this sometime soon, but it's really easy to move the tittle clip-n-chip from club to club.

Comment

Yeap wbond, everytime you change clubs you have to slip the clip-n-chip off the old club, and on to the new one. Unfortunately Tittle (or Ulike-creative) isn't selling the full set of clips to match a full set of clubs (at least not in the USA). Apparently they did offer it to people that put $ into their kickstart campaign a year back, but a lot of good that's going to do. I've written to them (in english) about it's availability but I've not heard back. Regardless, the slip on, slip off technique seems to work quickly and well for most clubs. So far I've not hurt any of my shaft labels but it could happen. I have two clubs that it doesn't hold well on, one is a putter with a narrow shaft, and the other is a short slinky driver also with a narrow shaft. I just don't use them. Fat shafts may be a problem also. What isn't available in Tittle are the fine tune adjustments, like shaft length or shaft stiffness, hybrids vs woods, vs irons. That physics is controlled by E6 and I don't see it as configurable. E6 only has woods, irons. wedges and putter. No hybrids. Maybe someone that knows E6 can advise.

Courses Created:
        Cresent Hill KY (L)
        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Any update on how Tittle performs?

Comment

• Jasonstanley
            Jasonstanley commented
            Editing a comment
            Think about this, skytrak at 2000 dollars just about does the job, very adequate but not as accurate as track man that's costs 10 k upwards. How any device at that price will be any good is not a very difficult question to answer.

I have a set for sale.
          2 Tittle sensors and clips for 14 clubs.
          License for E6 with Tittle.

pm me if interested.

Comment

It's performing very well with real clubs and pastic "impact balls". For the woods and irons, foam balls carry about 10-15 yards too far, and the plastic MaxFli "impact" balls seem very good, but with real balls it falls short about ~40 yards For putting, real balls work perfectly, and for chips, flops, and short pitch shots, It seems to me real balls are good there too. The carry distances are similar to what I get with the other simulators and all of the fades, slices are done perfectly. The only issue I've experienced is with the shaft of clubs that are too narrow for the clip to grab when you slide it up the handle. I think I have a work around for that, (just put a few layers of tape around the shaft at the base of the handle and that should tighten it.

The performance of E6 is fantastic (with one gripe about the software; it has no keyboard short cuts for selecting the club, its all mouse and click). Like other graphic intensive games, it does need a good graphics cards. My favorite course so far is the Bay Hill Resort which is like awesome on a 12ft x 9ft impact screen. See; https://e6golf.com/golf-courses. Anyway @$189 its worth it. One thing that is interesting is in their facts it says;

Can I connect E6Golf for Tittle X with another launch monitor? It is possible to connect another launch monitor to your E6Golf simulator that came with Tittle X. However you should contact TruGolf regarding this before making any buying decisions. So maybe if I get skytrack at some future date, I can do E6 right away?

Cheers.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Did you give up on using the swing stick altogether?

Comment

No. i Haven't given up on the swing stick. It works great on the Android app in my kitchen. If your working on your swing or maybe your new at golf and are working on swing, it's a very good tool. It's a good learning tool in itself. Personally, I find it feels light weight when doing a full driver swing. Of course your not hitting the ceiling with a long club like a driver. The swing stick is really well made for a tool like this. It still works like a real club, but the only way to see the face of the club is to use your imagination and project a line from the top of tittle device to the imagined club face. But you also need to think about you stance and posture for each of the different club lengths.

Just be cautious if you do real balls where the clip on the shaft is loose. I just broke a clip on the same 3W it slipped on in the video. Sigh. Somebody on the R-motion area uses some kind of poster putty to tack his R-motion device to the shafts of his clubs. That may work for the broken clip, I'm not sure what type putty he uses. I never had luck with the 3M poster putty.

Oh well, 1 down, 2 more to go before I start with GLUE. Note, I should note that the clip still 'clips' to the shaft. It's just the chip doesn't 'click' into it. So glue would be OK but a permanent fix.

Courses Created:
                Cresent Hill KY (L)
                Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker in the field of golf simulators. I've played golf since I was 4 years old, and no I'm not very good these days. When I was 18 I shot an 81 in a junior golf tourney from the back tees at Cleveland Country Club and I hung up my clubs for a long time. I figured I was on the wrong side of making a career out of this. I went to college and all that and aimlessly tried all kinds of things. Well, I'm 25 now and finally found my calling and am getting my degree in the next year or two. I still love the game, but I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be. Also, being young and not able to make over 8 dollars an hour while also going to school, my budget is weak. So, I found one of these bad boys on Ebay, new, for $109. I've been reading a lot of your posts, Chuck. I figure it's clearly better than the Optishot. Also, the R Motion is the next best thing but is 3 times as much money! So I was frustrated with the lack of user experience with this product. I plan to be a part of a movement to fix that! I am going to try to keep a journal and keep everyone updated on how it works for me. I don't have much room indoors, so I will have to stick with the swing stick inside. I do have a smart phone so I'll try to use that outdoors.

One question, is there any kind of online play like tournaments or just multiplayer stroke play?

Comment

• Sascha1818
                    Sascha1818 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't go too cheap, I understand that money is important for your choice but rather wait another month and go with the r-motion. My advice. With r-motion you have a lot more chances to "upgrade" later. TGC, that has courses and tours, even Skytrak if your down for that later. Believe me it won't be long until you are thirsty for more lol. Most of us started with "something small to practice" and ended up saving money and building a whole sim setup. Just my view of things . I started with a Skytrak and net return fathers day special 3 years ago, though that's it, got the golf fever and now I have a full setup in my barn lol

• Spikel14
                    Spikel14 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Sascha. I don't have space to swing all of my real clubs, unfortunately.

I've been of the type; "what is the big deal with TGC?" It's an OK piece of software but is it really fun? "John" does a good job at bringing me down to a worthless golfer everytime. Ohh "Your in the thick stuff." In the current versions, the graphic models in TGC just suck. All the trees look the same, the transition from fairway to light-rough to rough is fake looking, and the annoying on screen overlays are worthless, distracting and busy. In my opinion, in game play; Optishot wins hands down. E6 is second, and TGC hits the lower end of the fun scale. That said, in the under $399 it great to see this kind of competition for the hearts and minds of us ordinary golfing fans. I would love to see more.

Spikel14 you keep on going, Do download the TittleX app with GPS. It's one of the best and most useful golf apps I've seen. It has an amazing database of course maps to download and view offline.

Also, with Tittle, do download the latest PC driver. Many of the issue I had with ball flight have been fixed. Swings with real ball impacts seems to be improved! So party on friends. Sim golf is the wave of future,
                  Last edited by Chuck; 06-10-2018, 05:21 AM.
                  Courses Created:
                  Cresent Hill KY (L)
                  Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                  Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                  Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

This is something new I found. It's the Tittle X Golf Simulator from tittlegolf.com. Mine just arrived two days ago. The Tittle X device is not meant to be a full impact simulator, but more of a practice tool with simulator feedback. It comes with a short two foot club called a swing stick that's weighted to feel like a real club and has a mechanical head that provides a 'kick' when the club is at it's lowest swing trajectory giving it the haptic feedback of striking a ball. The Title X device is very similar in concept to the R-motion device. You have a small thumb size bluetooth device that clips onto the the 'swing stick' that does what the R-motion does. It records all of the club swing parameters and calculates clubs speed, ball flight distance. The software provided is the E6 Truegolf simulator with a 12 courses. Tittle provides a very professional looking middleware that reads the bluetooth data and feeds processed swing data to the E6 Truegolf software. I also found on the Google play store that Tittle has an beta version Android golf simulator that gives you a diving range and a few holes of golf. In addition to the Tittle deice, they also give you two additional clips for your own clubs, one for your 7-iron and one for your putter although they say on their website not to use real balls because it 'will' damage the device. They say nothing about foam balls though. So the way it's designed it's perfect for practicing in your living room or office, were ceilings may be low. It's a great system for the kids, or for folks trapped in a snow bound apartment building. For indoor use, indoor practice, or teaching your kids golf, it's a wonderful device and safe for your ceilings.

The quality of the Swing stick, and Tittle device are excellent and durable. The Tittle X thumb size device has a very readable white LED display that shows displays info on the status of the chip. It shows charging scale, 'Ready' message, 'Swing' the time, swing speed and yardage. The E6 Truegolf simulator is very responsive with very very little lag between ball impact and simulator action. Same with the Android beta simulator. It's a Great device to just have fun with.

Hi chuck, thanks for all your info about the Tittle X. Being young and poor, this was the only "simulator" option for me in the near future. Found a heck of a deal on Ebay, brand new for $109 with free shipping. It ended up being the same package they sell on Amazon so everything checked out nicely. Besides some bluetooth issues on my end this little thing performs quite well. My driving distances have been between 210-240yd which is about spot on as in real life. It has been helping me fix my inside/out swing quite a bit as well. Iron shots are pretty close in distance to my real life game too. PW about 125yd, 8iron 155yd and so on.

Couple things.

1) It seems to penalize you more if you pause too long in your backswing. A more fluid motion is probably a good thing anyway though.

2) I have yet to hit a hook or a draw, but I could probably deduce it's because IRL I hit a pull hook when I swing inside/out and hit the hozzle. I have really been slicing badly as my miss on the golf course. I'm anxious to get back out there and see if this device has really helped.

3) Me and my dad have been playing, he is about 20-30 yards shorter than me IRL and this device reads that well too. BTW we are using the swing stick until getting on the green where I transfer the device to my putter. The reads are much better with a real putter on the green. Overall, the putting feels surprisingly decent. The option to have it line you up for the break really helps the flow of the game. Reading greens on a golf sim can kinda lower the immersion. Grids, clicking and dragging and what not.

4) My dad has yet to hit a hook/draw/or pull as well and in fact I have yet to see one in the E6 software. I'm wondering if it's maybe misreading?

5) Most disappointed that my left handed brother can't play with us. I think setting left handed on the tittle makes it work, but in the software it doesn't work setting it to left handed for the shot. Swing "backwards" on right handed also doesn't work. Switching back and forth is a real pain with the Tittle. Fortunately he's never been too keen on golf.

Overall, I'm liking it and so is my dad. That's cool cause he can't get out on the course much anymore due to health issues. One thing we were impressed with was the quality of the swing stick. The grip is actually really nice and it's got quite a bit of weight. The thwack is a nice little bonus.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I struggled to find many posts on internet boards besides here. Besides that there were just amazon reviews. Most of the youtube videos of the Tittle are a bit lacking.
                    Last edited by Spikel14; 06-20-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I've been of the type; "what is the big deal with TGC?" It's an OK piece of software but is it really fun? "John" does a good job at bringing me down to a worthless golfer everytime. Ohh "Your in the thick stuff." In the current versions, the graphic models in TGC just suck. All the trees look the same, the transition from fairway to light-rough to rough is fake looking, and the annoying on screen overlays are worthless, distracting and busy. In my opinion, in game play; Optishot wins hands down. E6 is second, and TGC hits the lower end of the fun scale. That said, in the under $399 it great to see this kind of competition for the hearts and minds of us ordinary golfing fans. I would love to see more.

Spikel14 you keep on going, Do download the TittleX app with GPS. It's one of the best and most useful golf apps I've seen. It has an amazing database of course maps to download and view offline.

Also, with Tittle, do download the latest PC driver. Many of the issue I had with ball flight have been fixed. Swings with real ball impacts seems to be improved! So party on friends. Sim golf is the wave of future,
                      Hey Chuck, I'm using my phone as my bluetooth device which then transfers the data to my PC from my router. Do you think the results are better with a bluetooth dongle so it's hooked straight up to my PC with bluetooth. One odd thing, I get different reads from the Tittle X phone app simulator thing than E6. E6 feels and plays much more like real life to me though.
                      Last edited by Spikel14; 06-20-2018, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Hey Spike14. Sounds like it already has paid for itself. You really found a bargain price on your Tittle. $109 is amazing. I found the swing stick pretty good too. Ranges and values seemed to be pretty good. What I did miss was the weight and pull of the clubs as you go through the swing and for me that would make me tend to make me swing a driver like an a short iron. :ike the R-motion, how you align the face of your club during your setup stance defines the zero position of the club face and club angle, and is similar with the swing stick. Tittle has the advantage in that it says "Ready" and vibrates when it's zeroed out. With that you can do all kinds of interesting tricks to force a draw or fade by twisting the face of the club either open or closed before your swing and then on the downswing straighten the face of the club out before impact.

The TittleX does have the phone app for launching the Android simulator or the E6 software. Or you can have the option of using your PC's bluetooth device and running the PC-app to run E6.
                        Initially, I used my phone and had little trouble doing it that way. But the phone has to have both a good local wifi connection to the PC and good bluetooth to the TittleX device and if anything effects your wifi, it effects the E6. I had it hang a couple of times do to wifi drop out.

At first I thought maybe my R-motion bluetooth dongle would work but I could never get it to pair with anything. So I bought a USB3.0 bluetooth 4.1 LE adapter. (any 4.0 Low Energy should work). And to make it all convient, I added a USB 3.1 hub to my PC to plug in all of my USB3 devices into (something I needed anyway for the my simulator). It does improve the connectivity and the speed of setting up the E6 sim.

There has been an update since I last posted. TittleX release a new firmware update (2.0) for the TittleX device that is supposed to improve the swing measurements. I tied this with real balls and it seems to have fixed the hooking issue. However, the distances are still coming up short for real balls. So for game play, I use the plastic impact balls for everything until wedges, then I switch to real balls. That seems to play a fair lifelike game. Using a real putter helps so much (even in swing stick play).

I have a question for you Spike, do you see anything in the Events page? Have you tried creating an Event? I ask because last month, the events list was about 20-30 long. I even play a few of the events. This month however, it's empty.

Courses Created:
                        Cresent Hill KY (L)
                        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Hey Spike14. Sounds like it already has paid for itself. You really found a bargain price on your Tittle. $109 is amazing. I found the swing stick pretty good too. Ranges and values seemed to be pretty good. What I did miss was the weight and pull of the clubs as you go through the swing and for me that would make me tend to make me swing a driver like an a short iron. :ike the R-motion, how you align the face of your club during your setup stance defines the zero position of the club face and club angle, and is similar with the swing stick. Tittle has the advantage in that it says "Ready" and vibrates when it's zeroed out. With that you can do all kinds of interesting tricks to force a draw or fade by twisting the face of the club either open or closed before your swing and then on the downswing straighten the face of the club out before impact.

The TittleX does have the phone app for launching the Android simulator or the E6 software. Or you can have the option of using your PC's bluetooth device and running the PC-app to run E6.
                          Initially, I used my phone and had little trouble doing it that way. But the phone has to have both a good local wifi connection to the PC and good bluetooth to the TittleX device and if anything effects your wifi, it effects the E6. I had it hang a couple of times do to wifi drop out.

At first I thought maybe my R-motion bluetooth dongle would work but I could never get it to pair with anything. So I bought a USB3.0 bluetooth 4.1 LE adapter. (any 4.0 Low Energy should work). And to make it all convient, I added a USB 3.1 hub to my PC to plug in all of my USB3 devices into (something I needed anyway for the my simulator). It does improve the connectivity and the speed of setting up the E6 sim.

There has been an update since I last posted. TittleX release a new firmware update (2.0) for the TittleX device that is supposed to improve the swing measurements. I tied this with real balls and it seems to have fixed the hooking issue. However, the distances are still coming up short for real balls. So for game play, I use the plastic impact balls for everything until wedges, then I switch to real balls. That seems to play a fair lifelike game. Using a real putter helps so much (even in swing stick play).

I have a question for you Spike, do you see anything in the Events page? Have you tried creating an Event? I ask because last month, the events list was about 20-30 long. I even play a few of the events. This month however, it's empty.

Okay great, so I assume my lack of ability to hit a single pull or draw has to do with my swing and not the device. Yes, the 2.0 update kept coming up every time I tried to use it. It wouldn't download and install. The other day it stopped popping up so I figured it finally worked.

When I was younger and playing on my school golf team I invested in a Qmotions simulator thing. It was pretty awful, but I think I cleared enough room to start swinging my real clubs in my bonus room. The thing with the Qmotions is it has a plastic ball hooked to an arm, when you hit the ball it just loops up and back around until it loses its momentum. In other words, it's the perfect little thing to strike at when I try out my real clubs with the tittle.

Yeah I see lots of past events, but there are no events available for me right now. That is a bit disappointing.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

There is something you might try for your fades and draws. There is a setting called 'Swing Difficulty`. If its set to 'easy' the ball will fly straight. Set it to 'Difficult' and you should see your more normal swing with fades and draws. The other parameter is sensitivity, which has more to do with setting up your swing (where it calibrates the zero axis of the swing at address). If it's two sensitive, it will sometimes swing even though you just barely moved the club.

You got me interested so I played 18 in Yellowstone, which is kind of fun since I've been there. It's very similar to how I remember it from 20 years back. From the black tee locations and putt-out enabled, I managed a 105. I really messed up on one hole with a 7 over par, but it played really really well and very realistic. I was using the the heavier plastic impact balls on woods and irons, then switched to real balls on wedges and putter. To make it really play realistic, I set the ball to small, enabled the comet trail, and set the camera to players pov. That was nice. I really do enjoy the vegetation models in E6.

I was surprised to see the Events empty too, and I was wondering if it was just me or what. Now that I know, I'm going to send a question to their customer support and ask them what is going on.

Courses Created:
                            Cresent Hill KY (L)
                            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Spikel14
                              Spikel14 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hey Chuck, should we try emailing the E6 golf software people again to maybe get a couple more tourneys set up on some of the more realistic courses?
                          Working...
                          X