Tittle X Golf Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tittle X Golf Simulator

This is something new I found. It's the Tittle X Golf Simulator from tittlegolf.com. Mine just arrived two days ago. The Tittle X device is not meant to be a full impact simulator, but more of a practice tool with simulator feedback. It comes with a short two foot club called a swing stick that's weighted to feel like a real club and has a mechanical head that provides a 'kick' when the club is at it's lowest swing trajectory giving it the haptic feedback of striking a ball. The Title X device is very similar in concept to the R-motion device. You have a small thumb size bluetooth device that clips onto the the 'swing stick' that does what the R-motion does. It records all of the club swing parameters and calculates clubs speed, ball flight distance. The software provided is the E6 Truegolf simulator with a 12 courses. Tittle provides a very professional looking middleware that reads the bluetooth data and feeds processed swing data to the E6 Truegolf software. I also found on the Google play store that Tittle has an beta version Android golf simulator that gives you a diving range and a few holes of golf. In addition to the Tittle deice, they also give you two additional clips for your own clubs, one for your 7-iron and one for your putter although they say on their website not to use real balls because it 'will' damage the device. They say nothing about foam balls though. So the way it's designed it's perfect for practicing in your living room or office, were ceilings may be low. It's a great system for the kids, or for folks trapped in a snow bound apartment building. For indoor use, indoor practice, or teaching your kids golf, it's a wonderful device and safe for your ceilings.

The quality of the Swing stick, and Tittle device are excellent and durable. The Tittle X thumb size device has a very readable white LED display that shows displays info on the status of the chip. It shows charging scale, 'Ready' message, 'Swing' the time, swing speed and yardage. The E6 Truegolf simulator is very responsive with very very little lag between ball impact and simulator action. Same with the Android beta simulator. It's a Great device to just have fun with.

Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

• Am enjoying using the device, mainly on the range for now but a few rounds also.
    An E6 Connect update went on today, a refresh of the layout and menus but were there other updated things to look out for?
    Also, is there an explanation to how it works out swing score - often the ones I think are good rate lower than the pull hooks 😲😁

Comment

• Anybody have any experience with TittleX and using a Galaxy watch or Apple Watch instead of the tittleX sensor? Looks like an interesting option but would love to know how it plays.

Comment

• I had some experience with the galaxy watch. It works and it seems to work well with the swing stick. For real clubs, it really generates some funky ball flights and on real ball strikes the game gave really horrible results. It's a free watch app download from the Galaxy app store, search for 'tittleX'. If you already a Tittle license on E6 Connect, that is all you need. You just select the tittle-w Bluetooth-id in the simulator configuration area of E6 connect and that's it. By the way, if you already have a galaxy watch 2 or galaxy watch active 2 (probably 3 as well), you can download the E6 Connect free demo and it should work as well for testing. If you already have the Tittle license and the watch, just give it a try. I saw that somewhere on the tittle sites that you can buy a stand-alone 'galaxy watch tittle license at a pretty reasonable price. But I would try the demo first to see it in action.

Tittle is supposed to have a version for the Apple watch if anyone has that but since I don't I've never looked into it.
        Last edited by Chuck; 11-21-2020, 12:01 AM.
        Courses Created:
        Cresent Hill KY (L)
        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Hello,
          I bought a Tittle when I believe it was a kickstarter. It looks much different than the one advertised in the current site, my plastic clips are bright green, and mine doesn't have any < > "keys" on the screen.
          Is my version still relevant with the software/firmware?

The reason I ask, I just started using it now for the first time. It will connect via the Google Play Tittle XPlay app, and subsequently to the Android Tittle Golf Simulator. It's a cool concept, but for whatever reason, I'm getting extremely inaccurate shots on the Swing Stick. Everything registers as face open (usually 5 degs) and path way to the left, almost 15L every single time.

Granted, I'm not the best of golfers, but I'm able to intentionally work the ball both ways on the course.

So with the Tittle, no matter how much I try to snap hook, shut the face, swing way out to right field, I can't seem to get any readings different than the extreme out to in path with face open that it records, even with half swings. On the simulator, the ball is going way left every time.

On the app, I tried to update the firmware. The app says my current firmware version is 1.4.7 and the latest update version is 0.3.1. That seems odd to me, or is it because I have older hardware?
          Just to try, I clicked update, and it would download the firmware, but it gets to 2% and shuts the sensor off every time and doesn't update.

So I guess my question is... what should I do next? Is my version still worth configuring?

Thanks!
          Last edited by nyb72; 12-14-2020, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, the old yellow ones with the OLED display... Those are the best most amazing of the units. They were designed so they could be used standalone. I'm sure the new green units have many improvements, but I loved the yellow ones. As far as I know, those are the latest firmware updates for the two units so your good there.

As far as the swing on Androids, you can check the configuration and make sure it's using swing-stick instead of real clubs. But the one observation I noticed is it really likes a single plane swing. Or something close to it. Inside-out, or a single plane might fix it. Maybe use a real club and try some foam balls. I remember experiencing the same kind of madness and eventually learned the best motions for the swing for me was a single plane driver and standard for irons. For wedges, it was an exaggerated hing-n-hold single plane swing. Just try different things, it will teach you many interesting things.

Have fun and enjoy.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Hi Chuck,
              Thank you so much for the reply.

I guess I have the yellow banded one? It looks bright green to me It has this display that alternates between "READY" and "SWING"

Playing around with this more... I find that if I do a flippy broken Left wrist square-to-square type of face control swing, the swing path is better, but I can't seem to get the result to be any better than 3.3L even though I feel like I'm swinging 45 degrees to "right field" so to speak. Where it really goes awry is any sort of twisting motion on the golf shaft, like if I shut the face ever so slightly seems to peg the swing path 15.0 L. And yes, it is constantly Fifteen point zero almost all the time, like that value has reached it's limit. It does this whether I do a full swing, or a quarter swing (shaft parallel to ground) which I guess could be a single plane? I'm getting the same odd readings on E6Connect demo, but it's 9.4L instead of 15.0L all the time.
              I almost feel like a gyroscope in the sensor is just way off or is in need to calibration.

In Android, where do I find the configuration for "swing stick" instead of "real clubs"? I've installed the TittleX, TittleXPlay, and Tittle golf simulation on Android, but I can't find where that setting might be.

Again, thanks for all your help

Comment

• Well, I'm not sure I can fix a bad slice or hook, but I've been there. There are several tittle related apps on Google's playstore. Do a search for 'ti.ttle'. You may already have it. Anyway if not, download that software. If you open the vertical ... icon, In the icons panel select 'settings' and that will have the device configuration. It's a great app to play around with. Even the talking swing monitor is pretty decent. Ball flight is a little further than the ES16 Tour Plus (ES16 from now on). but close on the club speed, open/closed angles, etc.
                Courses Created:
                Cresent Hill KY (L)
                Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• A new Tittle X owner reporting in. I’ve got the ceiling so low in our home theatre that this was the only possible solution for me.
                  So far I’ve liked it a lot. Although the E6 Connect license is only for five courses for one year (one will be for lifetime), just the ability to virtual range training has a lot of value. I like the click in the swing stick, good feedback. Of course, having a 100 inch screen improves the overall impression.

BTW, I noticed the fabric coating on the thick end can be twisted to different positions. Depending on the position you see text Low or High. I asked the meaning from Tittle X and they answered it means the swing speed and if set to low, it clicks on low speed and with High on high speed.

Comment

• Nice tip @jabba, I never new about the twist on the swing stick.
                    Courses Created:
                    Cresent Hill KY (L)
                    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Well, I don’t know if it is included in the older models, but at least in the current one.
                      Has anyone subscribed to the E6 service for longer time? Is the price same as in their website or can Tittle X owners get it cheaper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaaba View Post
                        Well, I don’t know if it is included in the older models, but at least in the current one.
                        Has anyone subscribed to the E6 service for longer time? Is the price same as in their website or can Tittle X owners get it cheaper?
                        The cost for the Expanded Pack (all courses except the 4 premium), the Tittle cost is $120/yr.

Comment

• Having just gone Tittle (limited space - freezing cold, UK lockdown and the one room where a full length club can be swung - the powers that be are having exactly none of it!!) got to say it's pretty excellent.
                          Using it on a laptop with a UHD620 graphics card (but plenty of RAM) and no issues whatsoever. Today is day one and getting to grips with it, having played with the settings and set to difficult, sensitivity very high, woods 0% and irons -5% it's pretty much spot on.

Things I've got stuck on and was hoping for some guidance from those in the know:
                          1 Putting with a real putter - seems to only work with jabby strokes rather than smooth - any suggestions?

2 The manual talks about setting a handicap in your profile but not seeing (is this because it relates to E6 1.6 rather than Connect or is it a function of playing rounds to get one)

3 Courses - of the ones available to download with the license in the box Brandon Dunes has downloaded but kicks me out of E6 Connect when I try and play it. Is this because it has "1.6" after it and doesn't relate to Connect (though the license tab in the dashboard says it's licensed)

4 And finally ....... this one probably solves for 2 and 3 the buying of the Expanded Pack has it as being $£$£ on the E6 website - I'm assuming the $120 above is phone call to the Melissa at Trugolf mentioned earlier on this thread

Thank you all in advance

Comment

• nbar
                            nbar commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes upgrade to E6 Connect you get 90 plus courses well worth it for $120 a year.

• Awesome - it definitely looks it. It's a pretty big difference from the amount on the E6 site

It looks like Trugolf are only open Monday to Friday so that's pretty high up on the to do list for Monday!

Comment

• And upgrade done....

Did some testing into a net today with almost balls, and for the money this combination with E6 is an outstanding piece of kit.

Observations..... (not negatives in anyway)
                            • Fat hits... it knows and you get penalised,
                            • Thins... it's generous, but then I don't think it really knows.
                            • Overswinging.... slight penalisation on distance. Other than that I found the distances to be quite realistic.
                            • Punch, fade and draw as expected which was surprising and welcome
                            • Distances are pretty accurate when hit cleanly, not so clean shots do feel to be overly penalised as they seem to be treated equally

Resolution to putting.... if like me you have a slight pause between back and forward swing it doesn't like it at all - so stopped the pause
                            Would very much like the software to be adjusted for the shaft length and loft of your clubs, and it would be beyond awesome if it read (but didn't write to) your WHS

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                              Well, I'm not sure I can fix a bad slice or hook, but I've been there. There are several tittle related apps on Google's playstore. Do a search for 'ti.ttle'. You may already have it. Anyway if not, download that software. If you open the vertical ... icon, In the icons panel select 'settings' and that will have the device configuration. It's a great app to play around with. Even the talking swing monitor is pretty decent. Ball flight is a little further than the ES16 Tour Plus (ES16 from now on). but close on the club speed, open/closed angles, etc.
                              I finally got a chance to try to compare my swing with ti.ttle at a driving range that also has radar.
                              Testing with 7i, my usual ball flight, confirmed with the actual ball and radar, is slight draw that starts right.
                              Ti.ttle still insists that I'm pulling everything way left with exactly 15.0 deg out to in path on every swing. (I didn't actually hit a ball with the Ti.ttle, as I have an early unit and wasn't sure it was meant for hitting, so I alternated swings with actual ball w/o Ti.ttle and no ball w/Ti.ttle)

I've gone back through emails and now I know I got this off the initial Kickstarter, so this must be a very early version. I haven't gotten any response from support.
                              At this point, I don't know what else to do, I can't even resell this thing in good conscience, unless someone wants to buy my full set of clips.

But thanks for the help Chuck.

I really like the concept, but honestly just sort of not inclined trying out a newer version after supporting the kickstarter.

Comment

• Pierrep
                                Pierrep commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hi. I'm a few days in with Tittle X (no display) and E6 Connect. My 7i seems to be registering close to expected (about 130 when it should be 140 - 150). My 3W however is way, way off and I don't know why. In real life, if I hit my 3W well it carries 190 to 200. On can't seem to get it to go more than 110 on E6.

I'm using foam balls, not that is should matter.

Any thoughts why long clubs are showing up worse than shorter clubs?

Also, I do find that the club connectors need work. Once every 10 shots the TittleX goes flying, especially if I ground the club in front of the ball. Do other people have a similar experience.
                            Working...
                            X