Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jeremy (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - The Greenbrier Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Merion East Ardmore, PA (ProTee - Middle) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

More Tittle X tips for using real balls.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Tittle X tips for using real balls.

The Tittle X is now selling for $109 on E-bay which is a real bargain. Anyone with an R-motion should buy one of these just for the tech of it. It's an impressive device one you figure out things. THe home-made cradles for using a real club set could nor be working better. They don't slip, they hold the tittle well and it's easy to move the tittle from club to club. If you do the home-brew cradles, using real balls you can get very realistic ball flight and realist game play, that is comparable to R-motion. The trick is learning how to use E6's BOOST (a ball flight multiplier). So for me to get realist ball flight distances, I needed a 22% increase, and with plastic impact balls, I needed about a 10% decrease. This is for E6. I don't know about the Tittle X android app. When your logged in and create a game or when you play as guest, in the player sign-on page, it show's your handicap and just next to it is BOOST. You click on that, and that is where you set it. This works well but unfortunately is disabled under EVENTS. Oh, still it's the 90% solution.

E6 has an online scorecard sharing for EVENTS. It's not as nice as online play of Optishot but its kind of fun to compare your card to others. Sp while it's not directly interactive, you can see what others are doing. If you your in Events, you can select the Leaderboard and it will show all of the players in the game. On that page you can select the player and see their card for the event. E6 has something new called at http://app.e6golf.com that will show all the games that you've played while logged in. From there you can find the event, open the event, click on your buddy, and it will take you to their full game lists.

So Spike14 (Michael), so I can see every game that you played when logged in. So if you have E6 and want to look me up and see how well I'm doing with real balls, goto http://app.e6golf.com, ftind an Event you've played in, Find your friend's E6 handle, click on that, look at his score card. My handle is Smashking0. I just finished 9 holes on "Ayanto?"(sp) using real balls with a 22% boost. I hit a 50 (with one in the water) from the far tee. That's about right for me in real life. I've very very pleased.

The new firmware is 2.0.0 and it seems to have fixed all of the ball flight issues with real balls and real clubs. So the problem I reported with the constant fade is over. The physics seems to be really improved. So if you buy a Tittle X, definitely DO the firmware update.

I hope Tittle X decides to do a version 2.0 with options to improve the simulation. Things like a club length table would be a huge improvement. Excellent little sim.

Last edited by Chuck; 07-02-2018, 05:06 AM.

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    The Tittle X is now selling for $109 on E-bay which is a real bargain. Anyone with an R-motion should buy one of these just for the tech of it. It's an impressive device one you figure out things. THe home-made cradles for using a real club set could nor be working better. They don't slip, they hold the tittle well and it's easy to move the tittle from club to club. If you do the home-brew cradles, using real balls you can get very realistic ball flight and realist game play, that is comparable to R-motion. The trick is learning how to use E6's BOOST (a ball flight multiplier). So for me to get realist ball flight distances, I needed a 22% increase, and with plastic impact balls, I needed about a 10% decrease. This is for E6. I don't know about the Tittle X android app. When your logged in and create a game or when you play as guest, in the player sign-on page, it show's your handicap and just next to it is BOOST. You click on that, and that is where you set it. This works well but unfortunately is disabled under EVENTS. Oh, still it's the 90% solution.

E6 has an online scorecard sharing for EVENTS. It's not as nice as online play of Optishot but its kind of fun to compare your card to others. Sp while it's not directly interactive, you can see what others are doing. If you your in Events, you can select the Leaderboard and it will show all of the players in the game. On that page you can select the player and see their card for the event. E6 has something new called at http://app.e6golf.com that will show all the games that you've played while logged in. From there you can find the event, open the event, click on your buddy, and it will take you to their full game lists.

So Spike14 (Michael), so I can see every game that you played when logged in. So if you have E6 and want to look me up and see how well I'm doing with real balls, goto http://app.e6golf.com, ftind an Event you've played in, Find your friend's E6 handle, click on that, look at his score card. My handle is Smashking0. I just finished 9 holes on "Ayanto?"(sp) using real balls with a 22% boost. I hit a 50 (with one in the water) from the far tee. That's about right for me in real life. I've very very pleased.

The new firmware is 2.0.0 and it seems to have fixed all of the ball flight issues with real balls and real clubs. So the problem I reported with the constant fade is over. The physics seems to be really improved. So if you buy a Tittle X, definitely DO the firmware update.

I hope Tittle X decides to do a version 2.0 with options to improve the simulation. Things like a club length table would be a huge improvement. Excellent little sim.
    Thanks Chuck, 2.0 fixed alot for me as well. I honestly would not spend $300 on basically the same thing as what this is. If I spent that much, I'd buy an optishot simply for the multiplayer and ease of use (if you have the space). I do not believe it is as realistic from what I have researched. If you want something better, saved up 3-5 grand and get yourself what you deserve if you have that kinda cash to burn.

Comment

I've now played a couple of 18 hole games on E6 using Tittle X and real balls and it is working really well like a real simulator should. The ball flight physics seems to have been solved with the latest firmware and a BOOST option of 19% seems to fix the flight distance issues. I have the camera set to 'CLASSIC' view which shows the flight from the players (first person) POV. I have ribbon trails turned on, and it looks just like a TV PGA event when a pro takes a swing, and you see the trace if the ball flight until it hits the horizon. Super nice. The graphics are awesome. I have some criticisms like the ribbon trail could use a little alpha instead of being a solid color, and it would be nice if the ball size changed to match the perspective with distance; I just use the small ball size as a work-around.
      On the greens, fast greens are nearly impossible to use. Stick with slow for normal, medium for fast. I like the grid on as it helps show the shape of some of the slopes on approach. My major criticism of E6 is the total lack of keyboard short cuts; everything is a mouse over and click.

So, playing a game on E6 using 100% real balls using Tittle X is not only doable, it actually a real blast and pretty damn realistic. Just don't trust the original Tittle clips for real golf ball impacts.
      Last edited by Chuck; 07-12-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X