Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience about the launch monitor APPs (Levv Golf, Blast Vision, and B-Fit)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience about the launch monitor APPs (Levv Golf, Blast Vision, and B-Fit)?

There are three smart phone APPs that you can download from APPLE store. They are Levv Golf (developer: Jet Black), Blast Vision (developer: Blast Motion), and Golf B-Fit (developer: Bridgestone Golf). Any experience about using them? Helpful? Accuracy? etc.

Yes anyone test them out??? Blast Vision looks promising.
    Last edited by ProTee Max; 10-16-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I tried Blast Vision today at the range.

Pros:
      - setup was easy if you have a tripod. I’d think accuracy would drop with someone holding it
      - all shots were picked up and video was very clear and nicely trimmed
      - somewhere I saw accuracy listed as within 1 degree on launch angle and 5 mph on ball speed. I didn’t have my Skytrak with me so no second source on shots today but based on numbers over ~30 balls each session against my Skytrak from last week at the same range I’d say the error tolerances are roughly in that range

Cons:
      - I was at the range at my private course and it was quiet so I had room to set up. Tripod needs to be 10-12 ft away from ball and 3-5 ft in front of ball so I was using a fair bit of space. I can’t imagine it’s going to work in most standard driving range stalls
      - while the swing video was crystal clear (better than I get on native iPhone app) it’s not super useful for swing review as camera needs to be about 5 ft forward meaning you see yourself at an angle making it tough to see your positions

There was a free demo but I think cost is only like $10 after 2 weeks. I’d say it’s worth having if you have somewhere to hit with the space requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Gresh12 View Post
        I didn’t have my Skytrak with me so no second source on shots today but based on numbers over ~30 balls each session against my Skytrak from last week at the same range I’d say the error tolerances are roughly in that range
        Can you try it out against your Skytrak and tell us the results?

Comment

• Gresh12
          Gresh12 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll see if I can. As mentioned with setup it’s not super easy to have the space.

- my home setup with Skytrak has a wall too close in front of me to get the 10-12 feet required (I rarely take my Skytrak to the range in general)
          - typical driving ranges also have the same space issue
          - it’s entering rainy season so getting a decent day outside on the grass may not be super easy for me

Will report back if I can test it more accurately.
      Working...
      X