Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhiGolf WGT Edition

Anyone seen this? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t&term=PhiGolf

I know a couple guys who bought the original PhiGolf Club Sensor off Kickstarter last year. It works pretty well, gives a good display of club path, both backswing and through swing. Build quality was really good too. Their App had a cool clubface alignment thing as well; you can see the club face moving open or closed at address on screen before you swing. I’ve played WGT many times, the graphics are really good and I’ve talked to a few guys who play WGT using their SkyTrak launch monitors and they told me it’s good. $2000+ is too rich for my blood right now so SkyTrak is out for me...I wonder if this would be a good setup for significantly less? I’m thinking WGT app mirrored to a big screen with a solid club sensor could make for a pretty good setup, especially considering the price. If anyone has any info on PhiGolf or WGT as a sim, please give me your thoughts! Thanks!

I would say the best thing about this product is the two chicks.

Comment

Agreed! Especially the blonde...

I talked with my buddy who owns a PhiGolf Sensor, he confirmed that he uses his with his real clubs, not the short stick, and the data is pretty accurate. That’s how I would use it; set up a net, mirror WGT to my TV and play. Mine is on order (kinda...it’s Kickstarter), I’ll post a review as soon as I get it.

Comment

I don't know anything about WGT, but I bought one Phigolf for my dad last summer and he loves it! Can he play WGT with his Phigolf or should he buy another one? Anyone knows anything about this?

Comment

• Phi Kim
          Phi Kim commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have one Phigolf, you can play wgt game also.
          Good Luck!

Using Real Club - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vfUzRrDLY
        Using Real Putt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQ1-CRGki0

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	171579 https://www.golfshake.com/news/view/...or_Review.html
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Phi Kim; 11-26-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the post. I never heard of the device but as I looked into it, it looks pretty cool. For a good review of the device and software see;

EQUIPMENT TRAINING AID REVIEW - PHIGOLF SWING ANALYZER AND GOLF SIMULATOR Find out more online - https://www.phigolf.info/en#GOLF #SWING #TIP #REVIEW #GOLFAT...

One thing I found interesting was that the review kept getting a distance that was about 20% shorter compared to his GC2. So I downloaded the Phigolf software from the Google Play store and it looks like there is no way to tell the device that you'll be striking real balls. It looks like the Phigolf swing analyzer may be doing what the Tittle is doing (that's not taking into account the ball's strike inertia on the measured clubhead speed on impact. In E6golf you can add or subtract a boost to the distance and on Tittle but I've found maybe unnecessary with by decreasing swing sensitivity. The only issue that concerns me with Phigolf is the club mounting. I would expect this to be hard on the grip with a lot of use.

Courses Created:
          Cresent Hill KY (L)
          Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
          Seneca GC KY (L) 18
          Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

An update for full disclosure; After looking at the kickstart website and looking at the Phigolf app on the Google Playstore, and also trying a WGT game for s second time; I decided to join the kickstart and see if it makes for good play. I've played WGT before and had an account already on it, but I really found it gimmicky with the pro-shop and the artificial prizes it awards (grown). If it doesn't affect the simulation quality, it may be useful. We'll see come fulfillment in March 2019. I'll give my review when it arrives. Maybe an unboxing or something.
            Last edited by Chuck; 12-08-2018, 01:28 AM.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Phi Kim
              Phi Kim commented
              Editing a comment
              There are several video on the YouTube and Facebook. Refer them. Find 'phigolf' in the youtube,
              If more question? Our member will cover it. Thanks

Thanks for the update Phi Kim. I look forward to giving it a try in my garage I hope it's easy to move from club to club. Is there a way to calibrate the device for WGT?
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

I just backed this myself last night (the $99 version), so I hope Kim comes back to answer your question Chuck! To expand upon that, is it a different version of WGT too? I've played a ton of the regular Android version, so I was curious how that is going to work...as in: will I need a new user account? Are club distances directly linked to the Phi, or are they tied into the WGT shop structure where you must buy new clubs to get more distance and accuracy.

Comment

I got to try the web version of WGT and I hope that this is a new version specifically designed for simulators. My concern is that in the web version that I played it was very much keyboard oriented, and I wound up having to go to the keyboard several times to change clubs for example or to aim a shot. In a simulator, I like that all to be pretty close to hands-free. Optishot will really spoil you in the way and that very seldom do you ever need to go to the keyboard. The others fall off to varying degrees but one can still get the game played without being annoyed with keyboard interaction.
                We'll see.

In the meantime, I've really gotten to like the TittleX a lot. Surprisingly I'm hitting it as far is Optishot and R motion. I'm now getting very comparable distances and flight Dynamics that I was seeing in the other games. I think like R-motion, both are very sensitive to proper swing motion (which is actually kind of a good thing). If you do buy a Tittle X, I don't think you will be sorry.
                Courses Created:
                Cresent Hill KY (L)
                Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Well... I could not help but notice that the devs responded to the questions above and below my question on the indiegogo comment section. So now I am guessing that distance and accuracy MIGHT very well be "pay to play" within WGT, and while that is fine (I guess) it is a little shady to not tell people before buying this Phigolf unit. I am still hoping it is more like Skytrak where buying in-game clubs is not required. Cross your fingers guys and we shall see in 2 months

Comment

the WGT edition Phigolf units will be shipped on/around April 8th! The actual WGT software portion, apparently, will not be ready for at least 2 weeks after that. The old software should work immediately though (according to the update sent out). I have still not heard if my "normal" WGT stats, clubs, and balls will cross between the apps (since they appear to be separate). But I am still crossing my fingers that the pro shop doesn't sell clubs and balls, and that distances and control are just based on actual swing feedback.

Comment

My Phigolf hardware arrived today. A quick unboxing, and you see a quality set. The practice swing club was heavier than it looks in the adds, and seems to have the same mechanical click feed back that you find in the ti.ttle X golf set. It seems the stick is a few grams heavier than the ti.ttle X practice club. Software is android/IOS only right now. Hardware looks to be excellent quality. The only thing I noticed that looks like it could be potentially problematic is the way it fits into the grip hole at the top of the grip. Mine are very tight and made it not effort free installing and removing the chip. Now all I need is someway to cast my android phone to my projector/impact screen. Look forward to hearing others opinions on the Phigolf practice stick.

Speaking of practice sticks, has anyone heard anything about the E6 practice stick [re-branded ti.ttle with E6connect].
                      Courses Created:
                      Cresent Hill KY (L)
                      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Wilson Campbell
                        Wilson Campbell commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wonder if anyone has compared all the main ones, Phigolf, title, R-motion to see what one if more accurate etc.

I have all 4; Optishot, R-motion, Tittle-X and now a Phigolf, and all are really good. I would say that I play Optishot daily, TittleX weekly, R-motion monthly and Phigolf is new but if I'm limited to Android environment, it's good too... for practice and warmups using your phone. They all seem to give very realistic gameplay so if you go low-end sim with any of them (like most of us ordinary humans) you will be pleased. Have a good game,
                      Courses Created:
                      Cresent Hill KY (L)
                      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Wilson Campbell
                        Editing a comment
                        Can any of them really be used to improve your game in terms of the accuracy of say club face, swing path, distance etc. Optishot seems the best for you given usage but is that a because it is sitting there ready to go.

• Wilson Campbell
                        Editing a comment
                        Forgot to ask. The R-motion seems to have the most reviews saying it is better than phigolf but I am put off by all the stories about the clips breaking, where as the phigolf goines into the grip. Have you had any issues and did you find r-motion better than phigolf.
                        Thanks

• nbar
                        nbar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I may be one of the lucky ones; I have R Motion for 3 months now and never had a clip break. I also have Optishot for about a year. In my opinion R Motion is far better than Optishot in accurately. The Golf Club graphics are outstanding compared to Optishot. I haven’t used the Optishot once since I bought R Motion.

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                      I have all 4; Optishot, R-motion, Tittle-X and now a Phigolf, and all are really good. I would say that I play Optishot daily, TittleX weekly, R-motion monthly and Phigolf is new but if I'm limited to Android environment, it's good too... for practice and warmups using your phone. They all seem to give very realistic gameplay so if you go low-end sim with any of them (like most of us ordinary humans) you will be pleased. Have a good game,
                      Chuck , can you give me a little more info on the phi golf? If I don’t go skytrak, I think this will be my best bet. I’m not too jazzed about erecting shaft sensors in the r-motion/tittle or taping my club heads for the optishot, so I think phi golf meets what I want, from a simplicity standpoint.

Ive seen some mixed reviews on it. Mostly finding that the club distances are all off by about 15 yards or so. That wouldn’t bother me as much, but how is the shot shaping? To me, this is more of the necessity than distances are. Does it produce a shot shape that you would expect? Replicate a slice when you typically hit a slice? Draw when you want it to draw? Etc.

Now, for the gameplay, are there any range modes? Or is everything through WGT?

Are your shots based off of the clubs in WGT? I.e your distances will be capped based off a video game club (Unlocked as you progress); I couldn’t hit more than 220 on driver in the phone game. Or does your actual swing performance match the result.

Any insight on the above would be more than helpful. Thank you for always providing insight, I really enjoy your reviews.
                      Last edited by Gamecock82; 05-02-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Wilson Campbell
                        Editing a comment
                        For phi golf I can only see one video on youtube saying the distance where down 20% each time. I remember reading for the others that they had this problem until a feature was added to measure clubs and/or an option to say when a real ball is in use. In UK phi golf seems to be the only that appears most at the moment for sale but very little tests on it.
                    Working...
                    X