This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor overhead golf monitor

This is what I have been waiting to see the entire PGA show. New launch monitor products at lower price points!

Its an over head launch monitor, with club data, ball data(spin axis!), high-speed video playback of club at impact and course software for $6000!(sensor only costs $5500).

Depending on accuracy, I could see this product really taking off, especially if they allow some integration with TGC/E6.

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com.http://www.par2pr...

Thanks everyone for all the great info on this new simulator! Just wondering if anyone was able to compare Uneekor to the newly released Optishot Vision? I’m not seeing much discussion about their product, which I would’ve thought might get more attention...

Comment

I think the big difference there is that uneekor is actually measuring spin. the youtube video from optishot at the pga show showed some concern to me regarding the club path/face angle info

Comment

I was at the PGA show, I wish I had stopped at their booth. Just looking at the set up with video review, ball data and club data, I didn’t even stop to ask price as I just visited Foresight and their overhead system was worth more than a luxury car. I agree if in the $6k to $7k price and integrate with TGC it will be a game changer.
        Looking forward to someone to test and review.

Comment

Originally posted by EVLJWW
          I was at the PGA show, I wish I had stopped at their booth. Just looking at the set up with video review, ball data and club data, I didn’t even stop to ask price as I just visited Foresight and their overhead system was worth more than a luxury car. I agree if in the $6k to $7k price and integrate with TGC it will be a game changer.
          Looking forward to someone to test and review.
          Maybe a game changer at the high end of the market and for teaching pros? I don’t think this device or any device will be a threat to Skytrak unless the price is equal or disruptive. Surprisingly this is a mature market, the ability to grow market share is at the consumer, home user level and frankly it’s purely price driven. Ball data works great for the avg. home user, Skytrak has proven that.

If that device was the same price as Skytrak, with club data, we are looking at something revolutionary imo. Until then, these are niche products.

Comment

• ulmaniac
            ulmaniac commented
            Editing a comment
            this would be a foresight competitor ,not a skytrak ....does more than GC2 for about the same money and the same as quad for less.....not portable , but unless you have a range with real balls , what good are the numbers.....to be seen if this works as it stated .....i almost bought a ES16 and went for the GC2 because of reviews on this forum....thank god

• TheBurtonEus
            TheBurtonEus commented
            Editing a comment
            The other difference though is the ability to seamlessly play LH/RH without having to move the device. That's the biggest difference. This beats both Skytrak and GC2 and will be one of the biggest features that people are looking for. Flightscope had models within a similar price range, which allows LH/RH, but there is no putting.
            Time will tell!

Here is their brochure that they just sent out. Well, looks like i can't attach it due to file size. Maybe they will post it somewhere.

Comment

Let me try to convert the pdf

Comment

There we go.

I'm a bit worried re: the 12' from ball to screen requirement......I am about 7' ball to screen.....I wonder why they require such a large distance?

Comment

• gkkling
                gkkling commented
                Editing a comment
                It said "Ideal Space Requirements" so maybe that isn't the same as "Minimum"? Also noticed that the video replay features and courses are "Upgrades". So I think we still need to figure out what that $7K includes. I get the sense the value of the system may be eroding as their product offering "evolves" from what we learned at the PGA show.

I don't know if their room dimensions should be interpreted as ideal from a user experience standpoint or from a data accuracy standpoint. It appears it is only capturing the first few feet of data so I don't see why it would need 12 feet of flight. It says they did a comparison with GCQuad, Trackman, and About Golf and have "superior accuracy" to all of them. I wonder if they will be publishing that data because if that is true, it would be a lot easier to jump on board.

Comment

Just sent him this email:

Hey Doug,

Thanks so much for the update, definitely interested, but am a bit worried re: spec measurements.

My current set up is approx 7 or 8 feet ball to screen and max height of my room is 117" or 9'9". Why the 12' ball to screen suggested spec?

Also, do you have any data showing direct comparison of ball numbers (LA, spin, etc) with North American industry leaders like Foresight GC Quad/Hawk and Trackman 4?

Thanks again,

Andrew

Comment

Wonder if I'll get a discount for putting the videos up on YouTube 😂

or better yet a test model to try out

Comment

Doug quick to reply:

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the note and see below quick answers!

Cheers

Doug

Doug Bybee

VP of Sales & Business Development

770.235.6571 cell

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 10:50 AM
                    To: Doug Bybee
                    Subject: Re: UNEEKOR

Hey Doug,

Thanks so much for the update, definitely interested, but am a bit worried re: spec measurements.

My current set up is approx 7 or 8 feet ball to screen and max height of my room is 117" or 9'9". Why the 12' ball to screen suggested spec? This is suggested and not a mandatory spec, our booth at the PGA Show was just under 10’ and worked fine. Height is mainly predicated for ceiling bar and swing determined by height of golfer. We also offer a floor unit that has no ceiling height restrictions.

Also, do you have any data showing direct comparison of ball numbers (LA, spin, etc) with North American industry leaders like Foresight GC Quad/Hawk and Trackman 4? Not at this time, but we have tested against all and are very confident in our performance against/compared to each of them.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Comment

I'd be more concerned about the fact that only 20 courses are available. They'd likely have better luck if they also integrated with other software.

Comment

• StuartG
                        StuartG commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Certainly good news - but not much help for me. Hope I'm wrong but based on what I've heard, other than bug fixes, integration with E6 1.6 is closed so they are likely only referring to integration with E6 Connect.

• kraxxer
                        kraxxer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They specifically said E6 and TGC in their communication

"We are also working to align compatibilities with E-6 and The Golf Club, to further expand our experience to the “core golfer”. More to come in very near future…"

• StuartG
                        StuartG commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, I saw that. The point is it doesn't say which version of E6 and new development in v1.6 has been closed based on what I've heard - and that means they are likely only referring to integration of E6 Connect, not integration with E6 v1.6.

I had a similar conversation with Doug from Uneekor about the product. He noted tentative release date May 15, 3 pricing levels for overhead sensor with software, 6K,7K,8K.

Same sensor in each, just upgrade with software and courses. He sounded very confident with TGC integration. The right / left hand play should be seamless and you would hit from the same area. He mentioned teaming up with Par2Pro and others for services such as install, etc, which would be nice.

Hopefully this product is in foresight realm of accuracy, as I think this would be a good option for residential sim play with R/L options and more "open" than many of the other products.

Comment

Trying to track down the guy who took these couple videos of the uneekor, wonder what the overall impression was?
                        4.6 degree closed face?3 degree in-out path - and still the thing sliced?888 rpm with a PW?

It's pretty obvious that the optics are not dialed in on this machine (ball is very blurry and data seems off), wondering how that came to be.

Comment

• keither5150
                          keither5150 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pretty sure that he is not using a marked ball.

• Stingreye
                          Stingreye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looking at the image of the ball from his PW video, it’s definitely marked.

I just wish someone would do an Open Source golf simulator that was open to all hardware. That would make the sim-world interesting.
                        Courses Created:
                        Cresent Hill KY (L)
                        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• ChadGolf
                          ChadGolf commented
                          Editing a comment
                          10charac

• jrz
                          jrz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's the hardware manufacturers that lock things down, not the sim software.
                          ChadGolf -kanobi, you're our only hope...
                      Working...
                      X