This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor overhead golf monitor

This is what I have been waiting to see the entire PGA show. New launch monitor products at lower price points!

Its an over head launch monitor, with club data, ball data(spin axis!), high-speed video playback of club at impact and course software for $6000!(sensor only costs $5500).

Depending on accuracy, I could see this product really taking off, especially if they allow some integration with TGC/E6.

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com.http://www.par2pr...

I suspect the Callaway soccer ball wot work. They seem to have a specific marking pattern on their ball. The need to use a marked ball is a downsize however that's the same with the About golf sim.

Comment

Callaway Chrome Truvis WILL NOT work according to Doug. It messes with the algorithms.... they are working in the future for marked less ball system but that's a ways off.... may-June release all coming from Doug himself.......
      Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-26-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
        JackedUpSwing commented
        Editing a comment
        May-june release for the uneekor or for the mark-less ball?

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Uneekor... he said they have plans for an unmarked ball but it's a ways out...

Here is a video Doug shared...

Comment

cool, thanks Jwheels

Comment

so it's 5500 for the overhead sensors, and 500 for the software. how much more to add the Kiosk looking screen and buttons?

Comment

Not ready to get rid of my GC2/HMT just yet but I do have to say I am impressed. I like what they show, the graphics are great and if the data is as good as they say it would really be the setup to have. Looks like the only draw back is the ball, but from what they have said and shown so far I believe they will find a way to overcome that if everything else is working as they say, would really love to check one out in person but the videos are worth watching, thanks Jwheels9876.

Comment

I hope this system does everything it shows accurately compared to the GC2/HMT.... almost half the price but you lose the portability of the GC2 which for some may be an issue.

And I hope i have enough room in my shed to set this up if it pans out......
              Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-26-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• colinjm18
                colinjm18 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed I hope I have enough room too. It almost looks too good to be true.

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                If they integrate TGC 2019 into the system, it will be amazing with both software available. I really like the video data, that's pretty amazing with the slow motion of the club head striking the ball.

I've always wanted to buy the HMT to go alongside my GC2 but to me seeing what's happening is just as valuable if not more than just reading numbers. With this you'd have the best of both worlds.

Another video showing the modes of play included in the software..

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                At 1:40 of the video. He hits a 1/2 lob wedge. 41 degrees LA with less than 1400 rpm backspin. Is that possible? I am thinking 2500 + rpm at least. Maybe even 4000-5000.

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I watched a couple times myself and noticed some low spin numbers even on the 140+yard shots I think it was in the 3500 range. The guy hitting is a pro, I'm guessing hes using no more than a PW there so that's super low spin...

Could be the balls they're using are just cheap balls they're doing their research with also who knows. In the Par2pro video I saw some spin in the upper 7000's from the guy Oliver on a 150 yard shot....

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, probably the balls. It is also a new product....so maybe it needs a little work. That pro hitting in the first video was awesome..... Straight shot, draw, fade , then massive slice.... Nice work. I notice that his shot shaping was mostly sq face with 10 degrees path.... If I do 10 degrees I have trouble making good contact. I like 3-6 degrees with a slightly open or closed face.

OK ready to sign up for the Alpha test just send this unit my way.

Comment

found a couple more videos on youtube. These seem to be from the stand alone unit that sits to the side like many of the LM that we all have now...

Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-28-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Compared to the GC2 or ES models, why is everyone excited about it? What makes it better?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ES? lol...............

• rjd1975
                    rjd1975 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think ES is currently being taken seriously. I hope that one day it will. That said, if this product is legit, is a ball and club data product for left and right handed golfers at less than the price of a GC2...seems pretty obvious what people are excited about.

• Ports
                    Ports commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Left right play. Hawk is 3 times more

Well firstly, ES is trash.. if you're new here, i suggest going to the ES forum and read a few threads.

As for GC2, If the uneekor is as accurate, then it does way more then the GC2 at the same price point. If everything they have said is true, it has about 15 to 20k worth of value packed for 6k.

Comment

I thought the 20/20 was supposed to be better?
                    What is that much better than the GC2?? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• keither5150
                      keither5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If this unit comes in at $6k. It will reduce the value of used systems....that's for sure. They don't say what their accuracy is.... but overhead cameras in stereo are extremely accurate for HA,LA, speed. Looks like they have spin measured nicely as well. I am interested in the tolerances for club data. Floor sensors are accurate within about 1/2 of a degree for face and path. I could see this system being more accurate than that. Game changer for sure.

• ulmaniac
                      ulmaniac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      biggest would be lefty / righty play..also area you hit from is bigger, where u can have a strip for putting , rough/sand and fairway..Also dont need to worry about a less skilled golfer toeing on off your 6k unit....add club data and the club video...no brainer

• BGCurtis2nd
                      BGCurtis2nd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      golfun2 ES say in their videos on the 20/20 they are still working on the cameras, which they worked on the ES-16 till they dropped it to go to the ES 20/20.
                      As far as the GC2 I like it and with the HMT you have all kinds of data, but the Uneekor is a overhead unit, that puts it out of the way, and you don't have to switch it from side to side for right and left hand players. So if the accuracy is good it is a lot better system for a simulator only drawback is not being able to use it easily in different places.
                      I am not ready to give up my GC2/HMT just yet but I am very interested to see where this unit goes, cost wise it would be the way better buy with all things equaling out as far as accuracy.

Definitely has the ability to disrupt the higher end of the market. Foresight, Trugolf, Trackman, etc. I don’t think it will be all that impactful to Skytrak users. Spending thousands on these devices is not the easiest or typical purchases to make. Long road ahead for this vendor but very, very promising. They’ll need to break into the professional market rattan than home users, like me. One day, ball and club data in one device will be the common standard at an affordable price. These guys seem to be showing the way.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                      JackedUpSwing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, as a skytrak user for over a year, I was looking to upgrade. But its hard for me to justify upgrading to GC2 for a marginal increase in accuracy and lower missreads.

However, at the same price, if I can get club data, LH/RH fix, video of impact and hopefully an increase in accuracy and lower missreads(then skytrak), then I am all aboard.

And like you said, if this thing is close to as promised, it will definitely shake up the market and be a HUGE benefit to the consumer base. I don't see how foresight/flightscope/trackman can remain at their price points in the indoor only space.

• TheBurtonEus
                      TheBurtonEus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My thoughts exactly, if they can deliver the goods within this price point.

My suggestion to Flightscope is to develop an add on for the XI series to read chips and putts. Anything in the ballpark of $2,000USD or less would put it pretty close. Obviously I'd like for it to be less.

I'm unsure if this can actually happen, but they could then put themselves in the market of a LH/RH simulator with accurate numbers and putting. Not to mention, portability.

Just my 2 cents.

I think we are missing something on this unit. I have contacted Matt at the company and I am trying to get some specifics, but here are my main questions:

1)They mention $5500 + $500 for overhead and software......I believe that is basics and will get you club and ball data.....but video integration??? Or does that include cameras?

Based on the videos and views we see, I believe they are using at least 3 cameras in addition to the overhead sensor. Face camera, behind camera, and direct overhead camera. To capture at the speeds they are capturing, these are not $100 webcams.......So, how much more for video integration?

2)I am assuming that if you have your own computer, the kiosk is not needed....but how much additional is it?

3) I noticed that on their built in courses and driving range there is 0 shot delay. Assuming they integrate with TGC it will be via Protee interface and will come with 2-3 seconc shot delay? If their graphics are so good, would you want to intergrate with TGC?

The word I got is that they are looking at mid 2019 for release and yes they are talking to 3rd party software companies and yes, they are working on a "portable system"......

I will let you guys know when I get answers to the above....

Gene

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                      JackedUpSwing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1 and 2) Matt said in the videos there was nothing special about the cameras.. They had a mount for the cameras that was meant to be waist high and look pretty, but he said there was nothing special about the cameras and you could use your own cameras. Pretty sure they integrate with the SW. You can get 120FPS cameras for around 50 bucks or p3eye usb cameras for even less. And they arent needed for anything but doing your own video analysis.... I believe FSX2018 has some kind of integration like this, but their SW costs around 3k(i think?), whereas this SW costs 500.

3) Their SW may look nice, and sim great, but TGC also looks great, has infinite courses and has an online playerbase. It may take some time for the uneekor SW to catch up.

• keither5150
                      keither5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They don't need a protee interface . The only reason the GC2 has one is that the GC2 does not officially support TGC. GSA has their own interface. Good point about the cameras. From what I understand the cameras should be coming with the $500 software package.
                      Last edited by keither5150; 01-28-2019, 05:42 PM.
                  Working...
                  X