This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor overhead golf monitor

This is what I have been waiting to see the entire PGA show. New launch monitor products at lower price points!

Its an over head launch monitor, with club data, ball data(spin axis!), high-speed video playback of club at impact and course software for $6000!(sensor only costs $5500).

Depending on accuracy, I could see this product really taking off, especially if they allow some integration with TGC/E6.

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com.http://www.par2pr...

That's not TGC Software? It looks really good from the video! (but then again it is a video of a video)

Comment

I reached out to a contact there and here are the responses in BOLD. One concerning thing I already noticed is cost creep. In the PGA show video it was 6K, now it's up to 7K with an option to go to 8K.

Do you have this system setup in Troy by any chance? Not yet

Has this system been tested against another reliable/industry standard machines, i.e. trackman, GC2, GCQuad? If not, i would be more than willing to bring my GC2 to do some comparisons. Hopefully they don't interfere with each other reading the same shot. We have tested in Korea and Japan against trackman with nearly identical results

Are there published tolerances on measured values and is there a list of what is actually measured and what is calculated for both ball and club data? None published yet

I saw that Protee mentioned they have discussed TGC integration with Uneekor, is this correct? Yes we are in negotiations with both, nothing final as of yet but indicators are positive on both.

What other software packages are you possibly going to integrate with? Those two are top priority with maybe Jack Nicklaus

I've seen some videos and in the one from Uneekor i think they mention the current software comes with 5-6 courses, but in seeing other videos on the software package, it appears to list more than that. Do you have a list of the courses that comes with the software and are these fictional or real? List will be on my literature I send out, but all are in Korea. High end courses, but Korean. Courses are real!

Current offering is Sensor; ceiling or floor mounted with basic software + 5 courses . $7000 With premium software and 45 courses $8000.

Comment

• andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if they are taking orders now at $7k and you just have to wait until June to get it. Not that I would recommend putting down that kind of money for a product that hasn't been reviewed by customers, but that would show how confident they are that the price won't be significantly increasing before release.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what the difference is between the basic and premium software? Maybe it's the fitting stuff ? The courses look pretty amazing graphics wise and the physics looked pretty good from the limited videos we've seen. Asking $1000 extra for the fitting software and 40 extra courses is not horrendous as long as they look like the previews. It's the other $1000 that's been added on since the PGA show that's baffling me.. maybe they saw the interest and knew they could get away with a small increase in price?

• m3w
        m3w commented
        Editing a comment
        At $6k, it's a game changer.
        At $7-8k, it's a decent GC2 alternative - but no slam dunk.
        If it comes in north of $10k, I will be very disappointed.

Ok so now the price went up $1000 in the last 3 days? Lol what's its gonna be by June when they release it, 15k?

Comment

This still all sounds very interesting and with a very competitive price point. I am thinking of a redo on my sim space and will definately be keeping my eyes open for this. My timing would be perfect as well, as it is likely a year away until I pull the trigger on my new space. Would be great to see their TM comparison. Also, the marked ball does not bother me too much if it helps promise more accurate spin measurements. I’m am just happy that they are up front with it being what they need for best results at the moment.

Comment

OK, I talked with Doug at Uneekor as he was kind enough to call me back after the PGA show. Here is jist of the conversation:

1)Doug comes from club fitting background, I think 10+ years with Mizuno. (I think he helped create or tweak the club fitting software that you can get with this unit) but he is relatively new to simulator space, so learning fast, interested in knowing our take on things, etc.

2)Apparently this unit is being sold and quite a few out there (Korea) so, this is not a prototype, but a viable product. The PGA Show was kind of their test to see if the US market would be a good fit for them.....I think they were pleased with their response.

3)I gather that Doug is leading the US effort and he seems to be a cautious guy who wants to do it right more than doing it fast.....

4)The basic unit comes with Overhead sensor which has one fisheye camera, along with sensors and the software. This will get you everything (Club and ball data) and the ball view (club head coming into the ball). To get the full swing view, you have to add front and back cameras. The cameras would be extra but the swing analysis software is already built into the $500 software you buy. Quoted price right now is $5500 + $500 = $6000. This includes 4 or 5 courses, range, practice, swing analysis.

5)Doug claims the accuracy is equal to or better than GC2 and trackman. The Koreans have placed great emphasis on accuracy and verification. Great many units built for club fitting professionals.

6)Talking with Protee about integration, he sounded positive about this...I talked about 0 shot delay and he says the their unit is 0 shot delay and they understand importance of that when talking about integrating with TGC.

7)One concern he mentioned is that the unit needs to be installed correctly (his words)....my take is that this is not a simple, hang it up on the ceiling and swing away. My guess is that it has to be precisely installed and calibrated, etc. to get good, consistent results and this may only be made for guys with a permanent sim room.

8)Doug was talking mid year release. Some things are still being discussed that my effect release. Do they add battery? They are discussing now, I gave my opinion and the results of the survey I took. This might shave a month or two off release if they do not add battery....Doug and engineers are discussing this now and he was not sure what direction they will go in.

I think that was about everything. Doug sounded like a great guy....he can't say too much now because they really are in the decision process of when and how to release. My take is that the PGA Show was a hit for them and they will move fairly quickly but, they want to do it right.

Bottom line, it is a real product, might have to be tweaked (translation, installation instructions, support setup, etc.) but product itself is out there......

Disclaimer - This was my take on the conversation, I'm not speaking for Doug or the company.........

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for doing this Gene! 7. Installation will need to have a calibration procedure. Stereo cameras are only accurate if properly calibrated. This is crucial as every sim room is slightly different. GSA's stereo calibration takes all of 10 minutes. Martin (GSA) has said that, once calibrated, a stereo system can pinpoint a ball in 3d space within 1 mm. I am sure that Uneekor's calibration is very similar.

• Jtangm04
            Jtangm04 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info.

My main question is can the unit be placed in garage since I live in Chicago. Unsure why you would need a battery for a ceiling installed unit. Would assume everyone would just plug it into an outlet.

I wonder if this is the unit... alibaba GPRT-140V
            Last edited by Jtangm04; 01-29-2019, 04:04 PM.

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            I dont think that is the same unit.....

They read this thread and saw us with our tongues hanging out and drooling. They thought these people were nuts, they will pay a little more. Ha ha.

Comment

Like wbond I too got an email response from Doug that contains "Currently we are offering our Sensor; overhead or floor mount and basic software package $7K. With premium software $8K (40+ courses)"

Comment

The answers I listed above came from Doug this morning. This contradicts what was stated at the show and is somewhat concerning, it's about a 17% increase in a week. I wonder if the 7K price is the full swing view? That seems like a lot for that. However, it doesn't really make sense because you can't do swing analysis without it which you list as being included in the 6k.

Current offering is Sensor; ceiling or floor mounted with basic software + 5 courses . $7000 With premium software and 45 courses $8000.

Originally posted by gene438 View Post
              OK, I talked with Doug at Uneekor as he was kind enough to call me back after the PGA show. Here is jist of the conversation:

4)The basic unit comes with Overhead sensor which has one fisheye camera, along with sensors and the software. This will get you everything (Club and ball data) and the ball view (club head coming into the ball). To get the full swing view, you have to add front and back cameras. The cameras would be extra but the swing analysis software is already built into the $500 software you buy. Quoted price right now is $5500 + $500 = $6000. This includes 4 or 5 courses, range, practice, swing analysis.

Comment

I think I'd be more interested in the floor unit. I dont have anyone left handed playing at my house anyway. My golf room is outside in a shed I built that does not have permanent heat inside it. I usually go out and warm the room up 2-3 hours before I play in the winter. I don't think I'm gonna spend 8k on a machine and hope it doesn't malfunction because it's 15 degrees in the room overnight. At least I can carry the floor until in and out of my house like I do the GC2 now.

I wonder if the floor model is the same exact thing as the overhead just positioned differently in a different case?

Comment

uneekor

Uneekor, a subsidiary of Creatz, Inc. a market leader in the golf simulator technology business based in Seoul, South Korea is in start-up mode in the US. Uneekor's parent company has recently attracted venture capitalist investments and is in high growth mode in Korea. Here in the US, Uneekor is committed to helping golfing amateurs and professionals alike improve their game. Join us in our goal to leverage technology in optimizing a great sport and help us shape our vision.

That is a cut and past from a job posting website. Can anyone find info on the parent company Creatz? My work computer won't open any of the links when I search for that name.

Comment

I had FOMO this morning. Now I'm feeling better about my GC2 and HMT upgrade from skytrak.
                    Have a feeling that price will climb even higher. I watch one video (poor quality) where Matt was talking about upgrades in the future to include dynamic loft and angle of attack.

Last edited by triplebogeysrbetter; 01-29-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Well, I think we probably all have to slow down a bit and let them work out their marketing and pricing strategy. But one thing I am convinced of is that the technology for better accuracy and graphics is out there and I do believe the Koreans are way out in front of us in terms of technology and users.....

Google Korea + golf simulators and read all the articles about how popular "Screen Golf" is in Korea. They have televised tournaments, etc. Due to the shortage and cost of real golf, "screen golf" is huge there with over 6,000 golf cafes.

Whether it is new systems or competition driving down pricing on our existing systems, I think we have some good things to look forward to.

Comment

I know for fact that they are not the leading simulator nor a company i heard of.

Korea’s simulator market is so saturated and dominated by 4 main companies (with golfzon led by a huge mile and T-up being 2nd).

This is another typical manufacture from Korea as these are already in place such as Golfzon, Gswing, T-up and SG Golf (the top 4 in Korea).

But what set this apart is 1) affordable hardware cost and 2) other sim integration. All of the 4 mentioned above’s main strength is their proprietary online software and massive # of their user base which lead to at least $20k for the hardware and $1k+ each year for subscription.

Last thing would be accuracy validation for Uneekor. If this works this would work very well for the western market just for other sim integration. Even Golfzon wasn’t that accurate ve GC2. Refer to my comparison below.

Intro: I went to Golfzon and tested out some of the differences between Golfzon vs GC2. Since Golfzon was charging me $50/hr (located in southern California), I
                        Last edited by LEO MODE; 01-29-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• apeppin
                          apeppin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          awesome, thanks LEO MODE - your write ups are gold!

Here is an updated reply from Doug..

We offered a PGA Show promotion show commitments, which was the $6K. (Sensor and Basic)

Normal Pricing;

Sensor and Basic Software (Driving range, Fitting mode and (5) Courses = $7K

Sensor and Premium SW (Practice complex, Play Practice, Game, Training and (40+) courses = $8K

Comment

• Jtangm04
                          Jtangm04 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So next year we send 1 guy to the pga show to place a group order for all of us. This will be like a version dbgolf's impact screen!

still not bad with the price change. Fingers crossed they actually release it by June

Comment

Working...
                        X