This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor overhead golf monitor

This is what I have been waiting to see the entire PGA show. New launch monitor products at lower price points!

Its an over head launch monitor, with club data, ball data(spin axis!), high-speed video playback of club at impact and course software for $6000!(sensor only costs $5500).

Depending on accuracy, I could see this product really taking off, especially if they allow some integration with TGC/E6.

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com.http://www.par2pr...

They are trickling out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mdrp2kCEps

Comment

The backspin numbers are terrible on the 7 iron shot he hit. 3154?? That means the balls they use are probably the cheapest junk out there.
      gotta find a way to use our own balls without damaging our screens with smudges from the Mark's we make on the ball.

Comment

• bionicboogerboy
        bionicboogerboy commented
        Editing a comment
        keither5150

We pulled out our GC2 and did a side by side comparison. Numbers were basically the same. When I do the stream today at 1:00 EST, Ill pull out the GC2 again.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        BBB.... nice., that is good to hear. That video during the PGA Merch show, demonstrated that this sim has great potential. The pro goes up and hits a straight shot, then a draw, followed by a fade. The draw and fade showed the ball starting off quite straight and then curving. This would indicate a relatively square face along with a strong inside out and outside in path. The sim showed exactly that. Club data really matched the ball flight. Looking forward to seeing the video of the side by side.....

• bionicboogerboy
        Editing a comment
        keither

They have a quad and have basically based their unit on the quad. Crazy how simular they are. I think what I might do today during the stream is take one of the playback cams and point it at the GC2 if I can do it without it being in the way. Im steaming today at 1:00EST on our website:
        golfsimulatorguys.com

I want to buy one of these but it has to be as good as or better than the Skytrak. I know some folks don't love the Skytrak but it has been great for me. However, as a lefty I keep mine in the lefty position all the time. Before I bought it, I thought I would have no problem swinging it from left to right all the time, but it is difficult to nail the alignment quickly when you are moving it back and forth every shot. I am sooo hopeful that Uneekor will be the answer.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Jwheels9876; 04-20-2019, 05:25 PM. Reason: Wrong spot

Wonder if anyone out there is testing the floor standing model?
      I'm sure there are more than a few people out there like me where an overhead unit is not an option. My shed is outdoors and only heated when I go out and turn the floor standing heaters on a few hours prior to playing in the winter. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable leaving such an expensive piece of equipment out in freezing temps for 3-4 months out of the year.

Comment

I was watching the live feed. The in game audio was killing me. Stopped for a while, went back and now there is no video.....Oh well thanks for trying. Please post the video to YouTube.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          video is back..… SS seems to differ a lot. I guess that SS is the hardest thing to measure accurately.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Club path at times seemed way off. The ball hits the middle of the screen and it shows 20 degrees club path.....

Sorry we went dark for awhile. When I switched to the club fitting software I forgot to change the window capture in OBS. I'm going to cut the video up and post it to Youtube.

Thanks for all of those who watched and participated through text, twitch chat and discord.

Comment

• SMO
          SMO commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you comment on the club path display? As mentioned by keither it often shows a large deviation from square but the ball still goes reasonably straight. I wonder if there is a calibration to specify exactly where it measures club path. May be a similar issue causing the side spin deviation.
          Last edited by SMO; 04-20-2019, 10:13 PM.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          very cool, thanks for doing this. Most data was spot on. Total spin was very close every time. I am considering one of these sims for my next purchase. Is the hitting area similar in size to the GC2? Or do you have to be on the center line? Is all of the data measured? Can the putting area be ahead of the hitting area? If that Korean lady says "OK" one more time..... I like John from TGC better.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          SMO.... I am thinking that SA or SS is derived from the ball spin measurement and not calculated from the club data. If the SS was calculated from the club data.... when you hit 20 degrees or more club path, you will be slicing or duck hooking 40-50 yards off center. I think that there was an issue with club path measurement. Not every time, but every so often. It could be a lighting or camera adjustment. We have to remember that every enclosure is different and will require some fine tuning. System look promising.

Thanks for the doing the testing.

I am impressed with how close most of the numbers were. However, Side Spin or spin axis is the most difficult thing to measure. 400 Rpm side spin difference between two macines on 8000 backspin 9 iron shot won’t make a big difference in curvature, but 400 Rpm side spin on 2200 spin driver shot will make a difference.

I am curious to see more testing here- especially with all sorts of clubs and swing speeds.

ALso, curious about the carry numbers - under 150yds I would expect them to be closer, especially seeing ballspeed, launch, and backspin were close. I assume Unnekor is using similar static variables (Sea Level, 80temp, etc)

Comment

Thanks to Golf Simulator Guys, I have conducted a preliminary Uneekor data comparison vs GC2. Initial takeaway:
          • All the important ball data are nearly identical to GC2. This is impressive
          • Club data needs to be investigated further, so are backspins on mis-shots and driver shots
          • The unit doesn't seem to have Carry inflation, but it actually seems to have a deflation in all of the clubs
          • It has a great basic range/fitting/course software with customizable tiles/options.
          For detailed info with photos/reviews, please visit the link below. https://leomode.home.blog/2019/04/20/uneekor-qed-preliminary-data-impression-click-for-photos/
          Last edited by LEO MODE; 04-21-2019, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• LEO MODE
            LEO MODE commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks all for the comments. bionicboogerboy, it looks like the carry discrepancy could be an easy fix for Uneekor, since they seemed consistent throughout all clubs. I have compared Trackman vs GC2/GCQ indoor and outdoor and Uneekor can simply reach out to me to figure out a way to match those carry numbers (i.e boosting a certain amount of percentage). Was there an elevation setting? I don't think there was so it could be assumed as a sea level.

In the meantime, Club Path being inconsistent seemed to be noticeable. Wish I had Uneekor installed or nearby so I can test it with my GCQ and Trackman myself.

Lastly to answer your question, TGC19 and E6 all report Carry distances slightly different. TGC tends to be very slightly longer and E6 a bit shorter.

• bionicboogerboy
            Editing a comment
            I asked them about elevation. Is I recall correctly they said sea level for their settings.

• LEO MODE
            LEO MODE commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I thought too.

Anyone else watch the golf similar guys stream? I noticed several no reads.. has me a little worried. One of the reasons I switched from skytrak to gc2 was no reads and miss reads. My gc2 has virtually none

Comment

• bionicboogerboy
            Editing a comment
            Those no read really weren't no reads,. Even though the sim says it's ready, you have to wait a moment just after that. Then hit. They are actually going to fix this.

• The left side spin (spin axis) bias of the GC2 is pretty pronounced and could explain why many of us fight hooks indoors, but not outside.

Comment

• Uneekor Video:

Comment

• Hi everyone.

Now i´m really confused on what to do, i was going for the GC2 next month, but now i have SERIOUS doubts if i should wait for this to come out...

Can any of the testers recommend me to wait or just go GC2?
              Last edited by Real_Gosthe; 04-23-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• StuartG
                StuartG commented
                Editing a comment
                You can never have too many launch monitors :-)

But on a serious note, the one thing I will say is that the gc2's are not going to go out of style and will do a good job retaining their value (if you buy used). So it's not going to cost you much to change your mind later down the road if the Uneekor becomes more appealing.

• my only concern with the Uneekor is the marked balls for spin....you cant mark them yourself or you'll wreck your screen ....if they get a deal done with bridgestone to create a marked ball like the video says , this is a great option . how much will they cost a dozen..i use brdgestone and they are easy to crack compared to say a srixon. Premarked premium balls at a reasonable price , say ($50/dozen) will make it a no brainer for me, if choosing between GC2/Uneekor. Lefty/Righty play ,aligment ,and the fear of someone shanking one off the GC2 are its draw backs for me... A new algorithm to estimate spin is no good in my books...spin is a number that needs to be measured....just my 2 cents.

Comment

• It's a little weird that there hasn't been hardly any info coming out of the location that they recently setup in the US. Seems like with all the buzz they had that there would be more reporting/commenting going on.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Crazy how much different the SS was compared to the GC2. My GC2 gives me crazy draw spin on my iron shots indoors, yet outdoors I never draw an iron, I'm more likely to fade one. Wish I had access to one of these or another LM to see just what they say with my iron shots. I've played about 5 rounds outside so far this year and haven't hit one draw with an iron.

• JackedUpSwing
                  JackedUpSwing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jwheels9876 did you ever take your GC2 outdoors to the range to verify its not "indoor swing" syndrome?

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I haven't but I've been playing indoors for years now and I played another 18 today and hit ZERO draws with irons.
                  Who knows.. I don't really care much anyhow, my outdoor flight is consistently the same and doesn't match the GC2 but it could be alignment, the mat, the GC2 or whatever else. No biggie, I was just surprised seeing how much lower the draw spin was on the Uneekor compared to GC2

• If I was buying this setup. I'd just get the basic package for $6K or whatever it is, and then pay for TGC2019 full license. That would be a pretty awesome combo!

Comment

Working...
                X