NEW - Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor

Just received an email about this product. According to the website, it launches August 15, 2019. Price looks to be $499. Anyone seen any further info? https://rapsodo.com/product/mobile-launch-monitor

Originally posted by grant2145 View Post
    They could integrate the MLM specifically to capture club speed.
    Ok. That would give smash factor as well. That may be a tough sell at $500 just to add smash but would be nice. All other parameters will be measured by Skytrak. In speaking with Rapdodo folks there may be potential for MLM to measure club path which would allow for better calculated face, AOA and of courses face to path which would be really helpful.

Comment

Video below the rep discusses that in a month or two the product will be indoor sim ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom919 View Post
        Video below the rep discusses that in a month or two the product will be indoor sim ready?

https://youtu.be/LrLu-y2xVMQ
        That's a great move by Rapsodo. I suspect it will be well done given their track record.

Comment

I had a great session at the range today with the MLM. Several good golfers jumped in and were very impressed with the accuracy. I was unable to get the auto club recognition to work however. I loaded the latest firmware as well. Also there is no word on when an indoor software upgrade will be available.

Comment

Buyer beware I hope they support the Mobile Launch Monitor better than R Motion. Once they launched the Mobile Launch Monitor they mostly dropped R Motion no one can get any support. So be ready if they launch another new product Mobile Launch Monitor support will be history. That's why I would not buy another product from them.

Comment

So, Rapsodo has just put out a new version of their iOS application that supports indoor Net mode. I was wondering if anyone with an MLM and an indoor net could test this for accuracy.

Comment

• kahi
                kahi commented
                Editing a comment
                Very interesting, took them a while longer than originally stated. Interesting to see how it get the launch directions without the ball tracking.

brdgolf1 How is this new mode available in the app?

Comment

Version history shows "net feature" in the May 27th update, but a new update released just today with other improvements

Comment

It looks like they put it out there for some preliminary testing. Only certain devices supported at this time.

Comment

I got this from their support a few days ago:

”We are currently in the final stages of beta testing indoor/net mode and will have that available to phones (iphone 8 or newer) or (ipad pro 2nd gen must support 1080p@60fps) very soon.”

So maybe this App Store update is the final final stage of beta testing before enabling it for everyone.
                    Last edited by kahi; 06-13-2020, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update Kahi.

Comment

MLM app’s version history attached, based on that iPhone 8 not supported for the net feature.
                        Last edited by kahi; 06-15-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Just received notice from support that net mode is now active for a iPhone 8 and up. Can someone please review how it works?

Comment

• kahi
                            kahi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Still beta testers only? The latest App Store version (Finland) is 1.3.502 and that doesn’t have the net functionality. Using an iPhone 8.

Has anyone tried this out? if so could you please provide some feedback?

Comment

I joined just so I can tell you my experience with hitting into my Garage Net for the first time.

1.) I did not get one shot to register. I used the iPhone XR (My Wife's) which is supported. If you login to the app with a supported device you see net mode.
                            2.) It tells you off the get go that you need to have 8 feet to the net, which may be difficult for some, but doable. 6-8 feet behind you with the Rapsodo MLM.
                            3.) I tried different lighting, but what I didn't try was hitting with the garage door open in sunlight. (I am hopeful that will work, will report back after I try tonight/tomorrow)
                            4.) Rapsodo MLM must have a support module built in as I was contacted by a very nice person from support giving me pointers saying they saw my fail rate and were trying to help
                            -They responded even when I replied to the original email. It was actually pretty nice, made me this much happier I bought this instead of the FLightscope Mevo.

On a side note. Carls golf land near me has a Trackman range. I took my device there and was ASTONISHED at how close the readings were. At first they were lightyears away. I did not record every shot on my iPhone notes, but I did a few. Overall from the Driver down to the PW, you saw about 2-3 yards diff, the Rapsodo tended to be a little less than the Trackman. But both were very close to my actual yardages. With my MLM, I do still get the errant shots. Every once in a while it looks like it comes off your feet and you get a mis-read. However, they are clear as day and easy to just delete.

I'm going again today at lunch, maybe I'll physically write down some of the trackman shots vs mine.

Nice to meet your community,

Scott

Comment

• ScottThoma5
                              ScottThoma5 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I just re-read this and boy do I look like a bot haha, I promise I'm a 37 year old first time launch monitor buyer, also have a Optishot that I've been honing in and have a SkyTrack coming when they finally ship.

• wbond
                              wbond commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You going to the Carls in Plymouth or the one near Square Lake? Their ranges both been quite busy with the covid thing going on.

• Snowgolfer
                              Snowgolfer commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Any additional update regarding the indoor net mode? Doesn't sound positive at this point.
                          Working...
                          X