NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

It looks like Flightscope is bringing an updated Mevo to the January PGA Merchandise Show. According to the brief blurb, this version will have skills combines and golf course simulation. Another exhibitor, Awesome Golf, is listed as a new simulation partner for Flightscope, and I assume that this is the software that might work with this new Mevo. Looks like something to keep an eye on!

Any update from the PGA show???

Comment

Mevo+ Frequently asked questions

How do I purchase/pay for Mevo+?

Currently only available on pre-order through the sales team.
      Does Mevo+ have a built-in camera?

Mevo+ does have a built-in camera for Sensor alignment only.
      How is the video recorded?

The video is taken with your iPhone camera in the Mevo application.
      The radar is synchronized with your iPhone to automatically record and clip video of your swing with data overlay.
      -Video Mode - \
      Can Mevo+ be used indoor and outdoor? How much space is needed indoors?

Yes - Mevo can be used indoors and outdoors.
      Space Requirements:
      Indoor and Outdoor: 7-9 feet sensor to tee distance
      Short Indoor: 8 Feet Sensor to tee and min 8 feet ball flight

Where is the unit setup/placed??

Indoor Setup: Mevo+ will sit 8 feet behind the tee location.
      Outdoor Setup: Mevo+ will sit 7-9 feet behind the tee location.
      Simulator Setup: Mevo+ will sit 7 feet behind the tee location.

How does Mevo+ compare to other FlightScope models?

Mevo+ is a 3D Doppler tracking radar similar our other models only with limit tracking.
      The Mevo+ differs from the Mevo as the Mevo is a 3D Doppler radar where the Mevo+ is a 3D Doppler Tracking radar.
      What is the size of Mevo+?

Dimension: 6.8" x 1.2" x 4.6" / 174 x 31 x 118mm (W x D x H)
      Weight: 1lb / 465g
      Does Mevo+ have its own power source?

Yes. The battery life is up to 2 hours on a full charge, and up to 1.5 hour in simulator play.
      What is the warranty for Mevo+?

There is a 1 year hardware warranty on manufacturer defects.
      Does Mevo+ work with Android?

Not at the current moment.
      Does Mevo+ work with iPad?

Yes, with the Skills App BUT not currently in the FS Golf App
      Simulator software Partner?

-TruGolf – E6 Connect
      -Creative Golf
      -ProTee

Can measurements be converted to meters and km/h in the Mevo+ application?

Yes
      Is there a yearly fee?

Myflightscope.com is our online cloud that allows users to view, store, and review each practice session.
      You will be able to store ten videos per month free of charge. If you wish to store more videos than ten, we will offer specific subscriptions packages - coming soon!
      All FlightScope Mevo+ data parameters will always be available free of charge.
      There is also an optional support agreement available to put your Mevo+ under extended warranty.
      How much is the Mevo+ app?

*No cost for app
      Does Mevo+ have a combine feature?

The Mevo+ does connect to the Skills App and through the Skills app you can use the combine feature.
      What type of spin does Mevo+ show?

Mevo shows backspin and spin axis.
      Do I need metallic stickers on the golf ball indoors and outdoors when using Mevo+?

Yes, metallic stickers are needed in order for the Mevo+ to accurately measure spin for indoors mode as ball flight is limited, but not outdoors.
      Is there a practice driving range view with Mevo+?

Yes
      Can you input more than 14 clubs?

Yes, there is an unlimited number of clubs that can be inputted.

Comment

Hi Brutaly!

What was/is the minimum distance for placement of the Xi+, behind the strike point, that permitted good results?

Thank you very much

FURY

Originally posted by Brutaly View Post
        I used my Xi+ indoors exclusively and after a while i skipped the metal sticker. I just didnt see any difference in general. What i saw was that it failed horribly on about one out of fifty but it was easily detected and could be disregarded. Outside it did not miss a shot, simple as that.

A poster above had concerns about the skytrack app compared to FS and in my opinion FS is superior and the entire system i had was much more reliable. No glitches or bugs and it just delivered.

I swapped to skytrak due to lack of room and i am seriosly considering buying the Mevo+ and extend my current work shop.

One thing that i also found out was that the Xi+ was more then able to work with less then recommended distance LM-ball-wall, or at least my Xi+ was.

Comment

Originally posted by FURY View Post
          Hi Brutaly!

What was/is the minimum distance for placement of the Xi+, behind the strike point, that permitted good results?

Thank you very much

FURY

To be honest i dont remember but i do recall that we had a discussion in this forum about it and came to some sort of conclusion that this "ability" could be connected to individual hardware setups.

So giving some sort of recommendation is a bit risky. In short if you want to gamble it might be worth the risk.

EDIT:
          Just wanted to let you guys now that i had a long conversation with the head of sales in Europe regarding Xi and Xi+ earlier today and one thing that came up was
          Last edited by Brutaly; 01-21-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Their website is updated now with Mevo+ info! https://www.flightscopemevo.com

Comment

There is additional information on the Flightscope main site, as well:

General hardware info including indicator light reference (apparently this will take standard rechargeable batteries) and a reference to a "simulator angle stencil" that will provide instructions for correct positioning of mevo+ for simulator use:
              The best affordable portable personal launch monitors and simulators in golf. FlightScope Mevo includes a ball flight tracker and swing monitor mobile app.

FAQs (I think golfun2 listed previously)
              The best affordable portable personal launch monitors and simulators in golf. FlightScope Mevo includes a ball flight tracker and swing monitor mobile app.

Check out some live links (some dead) to the right of MEVO+ on this help page, including what appears to be a simulator pricing list:

Comment

I contacted Flightscope chat and asked about additional club data parameters.

I was told that the Mevo+ can determine club path and club face angle but they aren't selling these outputs at this time. He also said he wasn't sure if they ever would in this line but if they did he expected the upgrade path would be similar as Xi+ to Xi Tour in that a fee and software unlock would be possible as opposed to new hardware.

I'll wait to see if we hear anything else groundbreaking (either from my current SkyTrak) or any other companies coming out of the PGA show but I'm starting to lean towards ordering a Mevo+. Does anyone know their return policy as I couldn't see it on the website and I didn't think to ask when I had the online chat going? If I had 30 days to prove to myself the data is reasonable indoors relative to my SkyTrak then I'd consider an upgrade for various reasons.

My only hesitation is I continue to want club path and face information so worry someone gets this out in a non-permanent system for a more affordable price than available today in the next couple years. If this is many years off then the incremental cost of the Mevo+ won't bother me.

Comment

Here is a video! I would love to see how it is as a sim and if there is a shot delay...

also to see how hard it is to set up (if you are a lefty and righty is it easy to move it back and forth)

Comment

I am confused, does it not sit 7 to 9 feet behind the ball and does not care about lefty or righty?

Comment

Sorry In my situation I would be offset so would have to move it regardless

Comment

I don’t think that would be practical for you, as I suspect you would need to set the target line each rime you move the unit. The question might be how wide the hitting area would be at say 9 feet as you could tee up at the outer limits of the hitting zone. Suspect the hitting zone to be smaller than the larger radar units out there though as the unit seems small.

Comment

• Tom919
                          Tom919 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the suggestion!

When I had my Xi+ I simply set it up and attached tape to the floor and marked the units position. That way it took me like 5 seconds to move the unit from righty to lefty and use the markings to align the device with the corresponding tee area.

Comment

If Mevo+ limits access to only E6, I’m going to have to pass as I’m primarily looking to play famous courses and from what I can tell the only software that provides that is TGC2019. It’s a shame bc everything else is perfect (price point, L/R switching, data output).

Comment

• Tom919
                            Tom919 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When i talked to the rep online in the chat they said it is a possibility in the future to have TGC 2019

Originally posted by JakeGeezy View Post
                          If Mevo+ limits access to only E6, I’m going to have to pass as I’m primarily looking to play famous courses and from what I can tell the only software that provides that is TGC2019. It’s a shame bc everything else is perfect (price point, L/R switching, data output).
                          They said they're working with ProTee too, so I would expect TGC19 to come out soon for this device.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Näyttökuva (4).png
Views:	2231
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	240047
                          Last edited by Aapo; 01-22-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Question for those with Xi or other FS models: How does the "short indoor" mode compare to "indoor" mode? MEVO+ is going to have both modes, with "indoor" mode requiring 13' of flight.

My room is configured for MEVO with 8' of flight. I could reconfigure to allow 13'. But, is it worth it? My ceiling is low so I won't be pitching, which I heard is one of the factors in deciding between the two modes. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                            X