NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

It looks like Flightscope is bringing an updated Mevo to the January PGA Merchandise Show. According to the brief blurb, this version will have skills combines and golf course simulation. Another exhibitor, Awesome Golf, is listed as a new simulation partner for Flightscope, and I assume that this is the software that might work with this new Mevo. Looks like something to keep an eye on!

I have 5 feet from back wall to strike point, with 8 feet of flight. Seems that I have gleaned that this can work, but could someone at the show try the 5' LM to strike point and report back, please?

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

On a FB page, they posted the brochure and they have indoor mode which i believe was 7-9' unit to ball and 13' of flight and short indoor mode is 8' unit to ball and 8' ball to screen.
      Originally posted by FURY View Post
      I have 5 feet from back wall to strike point, with 8 feet of flight. Seems that I have gleaned that this can work, but could someone at the show try the 5' LM to strike point and report back, please?

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        worse, no?

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        awisnia I would just consider it the same, if you have to physically move it side to side for skytrak or front to back for mevo+ there really isn't a difference between the two if their being moved at all.

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        did a quick chat with FS - was told the unit stays at 7 feet all the time and picks up putting no prob..

Hi Mr. Bond!

I had seen that, but looking at persons who have used the Xi and posted a 5 ' indoor usage, it seems that the performance was acceptable, but the hitting area reduced in its dismnsions.

That is what I hope and suspect would be the case...

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

In the skills app which will be compatible with the Mevo+, you have to set the tee distance to the sensor. The minimum distance the app allows is 90 inches.

Comment

Pic from Flightscope twitter. Looks like they are maybe 10ish feet from screen? Can't wait to see how this thing performs.

Comment

Anyone know if this will be able to connect to PC? I like the iOS connectivity for just using the Skills app but for full simulation, if you bought one of the e6 connect packages will you be able to have mevo+ connect to your pc to do the simulation?

Comment

Got some info from rep on the website. See the attached photos.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGeezy View Post

IT IS compatible with the golf club??? That's what he said!

Comment

Stole your pic to share on wrx. This is very exciting news. I hope this works as well as it seems it will.

Comment

Wow that would be amazingif it did that upon launch!! If it is true that you can connect to pc and use TGC2019 at launch then I'm sold

Comment

I'm curious to know more about the skills app/range. Is this existing software that mevo+ integrates with? If so, where can I see the features?

Comment

I'm curious about putting in the sim software. Also shortgame.

Comment

• golfun2
                          golfun2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Supposedly both putting and shortgame work with it!

• Anansi
                          Anansi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I second your curiosity. The most interesting news I’ve heard about this new Mevo is that it can read both chips and putts. If true, we’re looking at a model priced for consumers that has a wider feature-set than the entry-level enterprise models from Flightscope.

If anyone is at the show, please show us what the Mevo+ is like for putting and short game practice!

• Whiskeyjack
                          Whiskeyjack commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That would be pretty nice, considering it's portable and you can take it to the course and try it on the putting green.....wonder what kind of data you would get from that??????

UPDATE:

The Golf Club DOES work with the MEVO+ right now! They have been testing it with The Golf Club for a while. It isn't released for it yet but will know more after show is over!!

Comment

So I see the FAQ with some info here https://flightscope.com/mevo-plus-faq/

I see mixed Info about compatibility. Rain or shine says the following: Mevo Compatability

Apple:

iPhones / iPads with:
                            • iOS 11 or later
                            • Bluetooth LE 4.0 - supports UART/Serial Port Emulation service with RX and TX characteristics

Visit Apple Support for more information.

Android:
                            • Android 6.0 or later (devices made in 2015 or later)
                            • Bluetooth LE 4.0 - supports UART/Serial Port Emulation service with RX and TX characteristics

However, other places show iOS only. I don't see anywhere that PC compatibility with spec requirements listed. Makes me wonder if it even works on PC out of the box yet, or if that's something that comes later. Need to figure this out.

Also, I need to figure out if the sensor will work of it is pretty much directly up against a wall on one side... in my case it would have a wall directly to it's right. Hopefully a non
                          ​​non issue

Comment

• games
                            games commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't confuse the MEVO+ with MEVO. They're two different units with different capability, apps and connectivity.

The Rain or Shine FAQs are for MEVO, not MEVO+

• hotshot22
                            hotshot22 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Actually it's for mevo+ on rain or shine site... https://rainorshinegolf.com/products...xoCGO0QAvD_BwE

• games
                            games commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I understand. The Rain or Shine site is wrong. I know it's wrong because MEVO+ doesn't support bluetooth. It has its own WiFi hotspot to connect with phone or iPad,

New video uploaded to YouTube. Shows small lag time between strike and imposing on simulator. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
                          X