NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

It looks like Flightscope is bringing an updated Mevo to the January PGA Merchandise Show. According to the brief blurb, this version will have skills combines and golf course simulation. Another exhibitor, Awesome Golf, is listed as a new simulation partner for Flightscope, and I assume that this is the software that might work with this new Mevo. Looks like something to keep an eye on!

My only concern with the Meavo+ will be how well it will calculate spin axis. That will be critical in the ball flight. It really needs to be tested vs a GC2/quad before we all jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

If it’s reading spin, hla, vla, ball speed then why do you need to tell it what club you hit? It appears you have to put the dot in a certain orientation every time.

Comment

• games
        games commented
        Editing a comment
        I recall FS saying for Mevo, club Selection is needed to “focus” radar in a certain window. My guess is it saves power?

Originally posted by wbond View Post
      If it’s reading spin, hla, vla, ball speed then why do you need to tell it what club you hit? It appears you have to put the dot in a certain orientation every time.
      You don’t have to specify the club you’re using UNLESS you want to track your club averages and stats. It’s for your information. How would you expect a radar to know what club you’re hitting? That’s the same on the $20,000 TrackMan my club has setup.

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        They made no mention of it that way in the video, he stated if you’re hitting any iron you need to select iron, same for wedges and woods so it made it sound like it was not for tracking purposes

• Bubba22
        Bubba22 commented
        Editing a comment
        The video from Cory suggested you need to let the unit know what club you are hitting ie. wood vs iron vs wedges.

Originally posted by trumb1mj View Post
      I'm curious to know more about the skills app/range. Is this existing software that mevo+ integrates with? If so, where can I see the features?
      Yeah it is existing software, the same as they use for their other launch monitors. That combined with their cloud solution is very high end and used by professionals. Skytrak isnt even close in my opinion. The Mevo also comes with some Mevo exclusive software.
      If the use the same varsion of ths skills app for Mevo this clip shows it:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

FlightScope works hard to put out continuous updates to provide the best experience with our hardware and software. It is important to check for these updates in your application often to get the most out of your FlightScope Mevo or Mevo+.

At the bottom of the website you can find a library of text and images of the functions, just click the arrows and go thru it. It seems a bit bugged at the moment but the info is there.
      Last edited by Brutaly; 01-23-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• trumb1mj
        trumb1mj commented
        Editing a comment
        Constant updates 😍
        Last edited by trumb1mj; 01-23-2020, 01:32 PM.

• Brutaly
        Brutaly commented
        Editing a comment
        It is both Android and iOS or at least i used both when i had my Xi+.

Will order a Mevo tomorrow and when i get it i will set it up 7 ft behind ball and 7 feet to screen and compare it with the data i got from my Skytrak.

Will be back with the results in approx 4 weeks.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
        JackedUpSwing commented
        Editing a comment
        People's champ! What kind of ball speed do you normally get with driver? Cause that will if you get the correct spin on drivers around 165 ballspeed, that would be amazing for a lot of people.

• Brutaly
        Brutaly commented
        Editing a comment
        I will test with multiple of clients and get data that from the entire spectrum

Hi you Brute!

You did mean you ordered the Mev0+, right?

If you could be so kind as to try the Mevo+ at 5' behind strike point, and report resuts much appreciated. In any case, thanks for doing the testing.

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

• games
        games commented
        Editing a comment
        The latest MEVO (not +) update changed setting for unit-to-ball distance. The minimum used to be 4' but now it's 6'. I read some accounts of people saying their Xi worked as close as 5 feet from impact, and my MEVO worked fine at 4' with full swing irons. I think for full swings other than driver and high-loft wedges you can place the unit closer to the ball. I know where MEVO gets wonky is with driver (elevated on tee) and wedges (early high launch) which may necessitate the need for more distance from unit to ball.

• Brutaly
        Brutaly commented
        Editing a comment
        Yepp Mevo+ and will test different distance, all less then recommended.

New Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyLa23KSroI

UGHHHHH. No PC support at all? Only iOS? You gotta be kidding right? Let alone no android support, how do they launch this without PC support? Ming boggling.

I was ready to pull the trigger too...

Comment

• Anansi
        Anansi commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you might have misunderstood the software options. The video you linked says that the PC software is an additional charge, and Mevo+ is bundled with iOS-compatible simulation via E6 Connect. Another poster mentioned that the Mevo+ is also compatible with TGC. Unless ProTee is announcing a surprise iOS version of TGC, the idea that Mevo+ isn't compatible with PC software is likely incorrect.

• Celeras
        Celeras commented
        Editing a comment
        Anansi It is correct. While simulation can connect to PC, the Flightscope app is not compatible with Android or Windows. It's on their website, iOS only.

What about ambient light in the sim environment? Will it track in a dark room?

Comment

• Anansi
        Anansi commented
        Editing a comment
        Flightscope has told me previously that their radar systems aren't dependent on ambient light to help track the ball. They do, however, caution against using fluorescent tubes/lighting around their systems, as those light sources apparently product a type of radiation that can interfere with the radar. They recommended LED or halogen lighting for home use. That said, the rep I spoke with stated that if the fluorescent lights are at least 10' overhead, they may not produce meaningful interference. Of course, YMMV.

• pwade3
        pwade3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good stuff Anansi, thanks.

Anyone at the show able to ask if the TGC integration will flow to the other FS products, Xi+ etc?

Comment

MEVO VS SKYTRAK:

For $2000 you get E6 but will TGC cost another 2k??? If so it’s not even in the league of Skytrak then.

Any guess to how much it might cost for TGC add-on?

Comment

• mikemcd22
          mikemcd22 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know, TGC is still $795.00 . The rep I spoke to at the show said "it's compatible with TGC 2019".

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Who paid 2k for TGC?

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          It's always $945.00 when I check it, where are you seeing it $795.00?

In terms of the distance behind the ball for the unit. I believe the closer the unit is to impact area, then the less likely you will be at getting accurate club data. I am not sure how close you could be to make things work and maybe people are ok to sacrifice club data for more accurate ball data.

Comment

• games
          games commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Additionally, the closer the unit is to impact, the less time the ball has to be tracked in the “shot window” especially high loft wedges and teed drivers.

I asked the rep if they require additional software purchases. See attached.

Comment

• jrz
          jrz commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s still not clear how TGC will connect to this thing. It’s a positive sign, though, that it will be supported. If you watch that interview with the FS founder it’s pretty clear they are aggressively going after this segment of the market. Supporting TGC will significantly improve their chances of achieving their goal.

• hotshot22
          hotshot22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I imagine there would have to be some flightscope software running in the background to interface with the PC and allow use of E6 or TGC. Would likely connect via the WiFi network or USB .

This would be way better for me since I already have all wiring run from PC in my office to projector and TV in garage. So temporarily I'll have buy an iOS device and an HDMI adapter and run it to my projector, which is annoying in the event I want to use the swing video features. If I determine it would be worthwhile, eventually I'd consider investing in TGC and utilize with PC.

Does anyone know what iPhone specs are required? I think I have an old iPhone 5 from my wife... Wonder if it would work for now. My guess is that I wouldn't be able to connect it to my projector though.

• jrz
          jrz commented
          Editing a comment
          hotshot22 You won't have to run an HDMI cable... instead you can probably use Reflector, which is an app that mirrors your iOS screen on a PC or Mac. As long as you are all on the same wifi network it should work.

I read online that you need to use their metallic stickers. It wasn't mentioned on Par2Pro's video at the Merchandise show. I checked with Flightscope and the rep confirmed that you do have to use the metallic stickers for Indoor use.

Comment

How will that sticker wear on the impact screen?

Comment

All radar units need a metallic sticker for proper spin readings indoors. For me I don’t find it an issue, but so tend to only use very new balls when hitting. I tend to think that a worm ball does more damage than the sticker.

Comment

Working...
            X