Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Announces The New PGA TOUR 2K21 (TGC2021) Game!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K Announces The New PGA TOUR 2K21 (TGC2021) Game!!!

Just announce with more info coming May 14th, no current sign of PC though

The CPU/GPU arch of the current gen consoles are rather limited compared to the dev kits for the new consoles. The amount of horse power available in the new developer toolkit for the upcoming consoles is impressive. Any game in development now is going to be coded to take advantage of these new cutting edge technologies. Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K at 120 FPS, etc.

I hope at some point these new tools are used to create better simulation. Either through 2k21 or some future version of FSX.

Comment

• DS12
      DS12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it telling that Foresight is opening E6 integration instead of expanding on their FSX simulation or is it just for another option?

Looking at the FSX 2020 thread, it doesn't seem like the courses have improved much over 2018. I don't own a Foresight product, so I'm just going off the forum response.

The developer may not be building a new engine just adding graphical tweaks and asset upgrades. Probable based on history for how long on the sequel came to be, it won'tbe a true sequel to TGC2019. And they're main install base is the prior Generations of console and graphics Cards users will be the priority. One limb in the future, and three limbs in the past.

Comment

Isn't the engine in TGC 2019 already pretty good? Enhancing it by enabling the use of ray tracing if the player's hardware supports it could be an option. And adding better 3D assets to make the environment look more realistic.

What engine are they using for PCs? Proprietary?

Comment

Originally posted by kahi View Post
        Isn't the engine in TGC 2019 already pretty good? Enhancing it by enabling the use of ray tracing if the player's hardware supports it could be an option. And adding better 3D assets to make the environment look more realistic.

What engine are they using for PCs? Proprietary?
        Create and grow real-time 3D games, apps, and experiences for entertainment, film, automotive, architecture, and more. Get started with Unity today.

I think they use it for Consoles and PC.

Comment

Trailer didn't show me anything impressive. They're just likey using the same exact engine as last time, maybe adding a few little things like new trees or items in the designer, maybe adding a few more licensed courses and calling it a day. I couldn't care less about real players or courses, I've seen better courses built by users here to be honest. Don't get your hopes up for any kind of integration for sim

Comment

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. Same. Course even. My kid get the NHL and NBA game every year. Not huge changes. Those games are 80 bucks. TGC2019 is way different than TGC1. If this is the same I don’t see a sim version. My take.

Jerome Thanks! No problems with the graphics engine then, Unity is great and fully up to date.

Unity’s ray tracing capabilities enable rendering of global illumination in real-time for photorealistic graphics with maximum visual fidelity.

An example of what can be done with high quality 3D assets with Unity:

https://80.lv/articles/scanned-asset...enes-in-unity/
          Last edited by kahi; 05-11-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

...but of course the competition is tough:

Comment

https://youtu.be/qC5KtatMcUw
              Wowzers! Also amazing is MS Flight Sim 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SL9KFEk8UQ
              - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Imagine that kind of graphics and physics power used in a golf sim. It’s coming!

Comment

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In 2030 it will be

https://youtu.be/qC5KtatMcUw
                I dream of a golf game having anything near this level of detail. /sigh

Comment

Those Quixel assets they are using in the UE5 video are available to any game developer and include all kinds of plantation etc. too! And Quixel is not the only company creating these real life assets.

And that dynamic lighting is simply using the ray tracing part of the engine with supporting hardware (like Nvidia RTX, PS5, the upcoming XBOX).

And since Unity already has ray tracing (preview), HB Studios could remake TGC 2019 into an almost photorealistic looking game quite simply by upgrading the assets and turning on the ray tracing when running the game with suitable hardware!

Comment

I'd happily pay top price for that.

Comment

The game will be released on console/PC on 8/21 according to some leaks. If they do move this to simulation, then I would expect an early 2021 release.

Comment

FULL TRAILER:
                        PGA Tour 2K21 will release worldwide on August 21, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia.

PGA TOUR 2K21

PRE ORDER: https://pgatour.2k.com/

AVAILABLE AUGUST 21. Digital pre-order coming soon to PS4

STANDARD EDITION - $59.99

INCLUDES:

Base game
                        • Pre-Order Bonus: 2K/adidas CodeChaos MyPLAYER Pack: Swing with swag! Deck out your PGA TOUR 2K21 MyPLAYER with a signal green and core black look featuring adidas CodeChaos BOA Golf Shoes, and custom 2K/adidas CodeChaos Polo, Pants and Hat, designed by adidas, exclusively for PGA TOUR 2K21.
                        DIGITAL DELUXE - $69.99

INCLUDES:
                        • Base game
                        • Bonus 2300 'VC' Currency
                        • Pre-Order Bonus: 2K/adidas CodeChaos MyPLAYER Pack: Swing with swag! Deck out your PGA TOUR 2K21 MyPLAYER with a signal green and core black look featuring adidas CodeChaos BOA Golf Shoes, and custom 2K/adidas CodeChaos Polo, Pants and Hat, designed by adidas, exclusively for PGA TOUR 2K21.
                        • Golden Touch Pack: Hit the golf course and swing with class using the Golden Touch Pack included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. This pack features a gold-plated putter and gold-plated 10.5 driver that will turn heads while you dominate the green.
                        Last edited by Silver; 05-14-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

This is good and bad for us. Good if TGCSIM moves to this but bad as course creation in TGC2019 dies. Looks cool.
                          My Courses:
                          World Par 3's by mthunt
                          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                          Weston G&CC by mthunt
                          London Hunt Club L mthunt
                          Park CC Lidar mthunt
                          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L