Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Announces The New PGA TOUR 2K21 (TGC2021) Game!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K Announces The New PGA TOUR 2K21 (TGC2021) Game!!!

Just announce with more info coming May 14th, no current sign of PC though

Just saw the latest on stream release 8/21 for playstation, xbox one, PC. I have to question the price the announcement stated Pre-order now so you can look your best as you beat the best. Through a partnership between 2K and adidas, players who pre-order PGA TOUR 2K21 will receive the 2K/adidas CODECHAOS MyPLAYER Pack featuring adidas CODECHAOS BOA® golf shoes and custom 2K/adidas gear, including a sport performance polo, Ultimate365 pants and tour hat, designed by adidas Golf exclusively for PGA TOUR 2K2. Also are the current games going to be playable on the new version.

Comment

Does anyone know what the hype is about the PGA players in the game what exactly is being touted here? A new mechanic or some cartoony representation that you can play against?

Comment

• Knickerbocker
        Knickerbocker commented
        Editing a comment
        According to what I have read, you can play against, but not with PGA Tour Players in the video game version (Xbox, PS4, PC). The current version (TGC 19) included PGA Tour courses and assets in the game, but those did not come over in the sim version. I would imagine the same thing would be true if this game is ported to sim. At this point, I don't think this game should/would be ported to sim based on what I have seen. The new game is more about the video game experience - new clothes, clubs, PGA tour courses (most/all are already available as user designed courses in TGC 19).

• Solstice72
        Solstice72 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not going to be ported over to the SIM for sure. Furthermore the golf club in the future board for the simulator I think would be in Peril now that there's a different publisher and the PGA Tour is involved.

Continuing my quest to get us photorealistic golf course graphics

Check out what this 3D designer did using the same 3D asset provider of trees (SpeedTree) HB uses in TGC 2019. He used UE4 as the engine but the same result can be accomplished with Unity's latest version (2019.3), too. And he also used 3D assets from Quixel for stuff other than the trees.

This is the second in a series of three videos of a visualization project that I made in Unreal Engine 4 with SpeedTree and Megascans.https://www.artstation....

Watch the video in 2160p to really enjoy the quality. And remember, this is a video of real-time rendering so this could be straight from a golf game on a current PC. Or the upcoming consoles.

Yummy!

Comment

• kahi
        kahi commented
        Editing a comment
        That is not your typical specially coded demo. It’s a real-time flyover in a 3D environment created with a normal game engine, utilizing ray tracing as the lighting model. You could easily lessen the pessimism by checking how that stuff is done

It’s no different from how people design courses in TGC 2019 (which have flyover functionality out-of-the-box), only differences are the lighting model (ray tracing) and more photorealistic assets such as the trees.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        This game will be using the same engine for years.. maybe someone will come out of nowhere and give us what you're hoping for but it's such a niche market I doubt it's worth the effort

• kahi
        kahi commented
        Editing a comment
        The engine is not a problem, why:

- Unity's latest version has ray tracing and Microsoft DXR support. Game developers working on Unity can upgrade the engine version, bring in their earlier project(s), turn on ray tracing and upgrade the 3D assets. It's not like HB is stuck with the Unity version they used when TGC 2019 was launched, I'm pretty sure they've already upgraded their Unity version after that.

As an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tchRcAeQDdI&t=439s

- The new consoles (PS5, XBOX X) are so powerful that 3D game developers (including the golf games) will be forced to utilize the new capabilities. I cannot imagine any game company succeeding with outdated graphics on those platforms.

I hope I can convince you that we are truly in the middle of a graphics breakthrough! It's not a normal step with just another more powerful graphics chip, it's a paradigm shift in the way real-time 3D graphics are built.

1. Ray tracing is sort of the holy grail of realistic dynamic lighting, it models the way light behaves in the real world. For the very first time the computation power to use it in real-time on a home PC is available (Nvidia RTX, AMD RDNA 2). And the new consoles will be using this technology from AMD. So the whole hardware market is capable of supporting ray tracing now.

2. The triangle crunching power of those graphics hardware platforms enables using extremely detailed 3D models in a scene -> photorealistic 3D assets.

3. In addition, the hardware platform manufacturers (Nvidia, AMD) and the game engine developers (Unreal Engine, Unity) are developing algorithms to ease the computation complexity with very clever techniques: Nvidia's DLSS 2.0, Unreal's Lumen and Nanite etc.

I'm personally very excited (I guess it's obvious) but what really matters is how excited the game developers and the 3D designers/artists are. They have been trying to achieve photorealism in 3D games for years but until now it's only been possible in non-real-time applications like movie rendering.
        Last edited by kahi; 05-24-2020, 12:33 PM.

I listened to the podcast with a senior producer from HB today. Presentation is the emphasis. He didn't say as much but I think the sonic roar of the crowds will be captured now, and that I'll miss that part for sure on the sim. I'm predicting also two more themes,. And obviously a lot more assets and trinkets for those clever designers. But graphically almost the same.

Comment

When PGA 2K21 drops in August (which is the next iteration of the PC/console version of TGC), it will presumably have an updated designer, which will mean you have to import TGC2019 courses into the new game. The sim version of TGC 2019 won't be able to use these new versions, so will there also be a release of TGC, say 2K21?

Comment

• apjgilbert
          apjgilbert commented
          Editing a comment
          Apologies, I didn't realise this discussion was going on here (I'd never visited this particular forum) - the moderator moved it here without telling me

All I can add is that I first paid a lifetime subscription for TGC,and then immediately decided to upgrade to TGC2019. The upgrade cost (I think) just under £400 (about $500 US). That may have been heavily discounted because I upgraded immediately when I realised the original was way out of date.

Not sure if this was already posted but here is a side by side comparison between tgc2019 and 2k21

Comment

More difference than I was expecting. The lighting looks better.

Comment

Looks great, how does this affect ProTee's Sim version of TGC 2K21, and upgrade from TGC 2019? How long will it take, from August when 2K21 is released, before it is ready for Sim play?

Comment

• 3on3putt
              3on3putt commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't believe there's been any announcement about 2k21 being made available for sim play. I believe at this point it's just a console/PC game (unless I missed something)

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              There was a huge difference from TGC1 to TGC2019. These changes are not huge. I wouldn’t count on a sim version. If there is I’m in though.

I like most of the changes, but prefer the look of the fairways in 19:

- Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

look like a better transition from one grass to the next like fairway to rough. Better blending of textures

Comment

I think 2K21 has a richer/darker look to it, and better transitions as Jwheels9876 says. There also much more going on with the ball when it lands on the green, the spin is much more evident, and that 'big first bounce' is gone from what I saw in the video... Also, the gallery was noticeable in 2K21, and the swing mechanics are more true-to-life.

I don't know why anyone would not see this as the next version going to Sim, and why ProTee would not be considering it - as soon as it is released? If not, I would like to know if there are upgrade plans for TGC2019 moving forward - and if some of these same issues are being addressed?

Is ProTee United considering this newer HB Studios version as the next upgrade?

Comment

• PROTEE UK
                  PROTEE UK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am sure anything new will be announced when there is something to announce

Originally posted by Brettster View Post
                I think 2K21 has a richer/darker look to it, and better transitions as Jwheels9876 says. There also much more going on with the ball when it lands on the green, the spin is much more evident, and that 'big first bounce' is gone from what I saw in the video...

I have never noticed the big first bounce in the PC version, is it just me? Everyone keeps saying it's the same as the sim version but I can't remember ever having it on the PC. Maybe I need to have another go.

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post

I have never noticed the big first bounce in the PC version, is it just me? Everyone keeps saying it's the same as the sim version but I can't remember ever having it on the PC. Maybe I need to have another go.
                  There's 2 big bounces. 1 is launch angle is lower than slope due to no lie effect. The game has lie effect. The second is low stinger that bounces high. It's super hard to do in the game as stingers aren't possible but I've seen low drives to an elevated fairway pop up. Super rare.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

There's 2 big bounces. 1 is launch angle is lower than slope due to no lie effect. The game has lie effect. The second is low stinger that bounces high. It's super hard to do in the game as stingers aren't possible but I've seen low drives to an elevated fairway pop up. Super rare.
                    Super rare lmao. It's literally every time, and will happen even if you land on a downslope,

I think the fairways look better in 19 as well. Unless the greens are markedly better to play on it looks like this would be a wasted upgrade for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeras View Post

Super rare lmao. It's literally every time, and will happen even if you land on a downslope,

I think the fairways look better in 19 as well. Unless the greens are markedly better to play on it looks like this would be a wasted upgrade for us.
                      So when you’re playing on Xbox this happens a lot?
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      London Hunt Club L mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

• Celeras
                        Celeras commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ??? Who is talking about Xbox lol

• simmb
                        simmb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        PC/Xbox/PS4 anything that's not the Simulator version I guess. On the simulator I thought people didn't like the first bounce that happens on any type of normal shot I always thought this was known as the first big bounce, you don't get that on the non sim versions not that I have noticed anyway. I know there is also the other weird bounces due to lie I have had enough of them on the simulator to last me a life time. Never had one on the game version but I think it can happen. My comment was mainly aimed at the first big bounce, everyone keeps saying it happens on all versions but I don't see it on any version apart from the Simulator version.

• mthunt
                        mthunt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was talking about Xbox/ Console play and you quoted me
                    Working...
                    X