Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (GROSS) and @Joe_S (NET) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Rocket Mortgage Classic!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Banff Springs (Pro Tee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

2K Announces The New PGA TOUR 2K21 (TGC2021) Game!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K Announces The New PGA TOUR 2K21 (TGC2021) Game!!!

Just announce with more info coming May 14th, no current sign of PC though

I fully expect that a PC version of the game will be released as well. I wonder if they will port it over to a sim version as well. How long was the gap between TGC 2019 and the sim version?

Comment

It looked like about 7 months between the video game release (August 2018) to the sim release (March 2019) for TGC 2019

Comment

Will this mean a new simulator version that will work with all of the launch monitors or is this just a game for Xbox, PS4 etc. I thought ProTee took over the TGC version of things and would control if / when anything comes out for the simulator / PC community. So while this will be released for consoles probably this year, the PC development side of things could be held up by ProTee and whatever they decided to do / not do as things pertain to simulator support.

I'm all for newer better simulator software and I hope more products come to market to help lower prices etc. Looking forward to learning more about this release and seeing what ProTee's reaction is and how quickly they can integrate LM support for the product.

With rapid releases of these products I think the yearly subscription service model will probably prevail. I imagine a lot of folks would be upset if a new version exists after they spent $950 on TGC 2019 to have this new product superseded it so soon.

Comment

I was planning on buying TGC 2019 in the fall once I have my full sim ready to go, but that is now fully up in the air. I would rather have a subscription for $500 a year to always have latest version of game.

Comment

Does this mean that I shouldn't buy the lifetime subscription for TGC 2019 for my Skytrak??

Comment

TGC2019 Sim is based on TGC2019 video game except you can use golf clubs in the sim. Other than that they are the same. It would be cool to get this. All PGA Tour related stuff will never come to the sim.
              My Courses:
              Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
              London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
              Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
              Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
              National GC of Canada RCR
              Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range Fictional
              The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

• tcb121
                tcb121 commented
                Editing a comment
                So does ProTee now own the rights to the "sim" side of things or will HB Studios / 2K offer a sim version that ProTee will license?

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Not exactly sure I can answer that.

I think the annual video game updates are more to align with the PGA schedule and updating the PGA Tour players and stats...will have little to do with actual courses or graphics

That said the societies in TGC that are created can follow along with the PGA Tour schedule, which they do already

​​​​​

Comment

Says on the https://pgatour.2k.com/ web site full details 5/14 guess we will have a better idea as to what is going on then.

Comment

Several guys on TGCTours have confirmed the game will be on PC and will have course designer.

Comment

I wonder if the new version will allow for the designed courses to go back to TGC...lofty goals I know

Side note, this announcement should make the console/PC version cheaper to build courses on and play virtually before going to the sim (if people want to do that)

Comment

It will absolutely be cross platform. The graphics engines of the new PS5 and Xbox Series X are PC based. So to port this to PC will be an automatic. Whether or not there is a sim version is entirely a different question. This is not simply a PGA update. The graphics and physics engine the 2k21 game will be built on far exceed what was done on the TCG development.

Comment

• Solstice72
                        Solstice72 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How do you know this? That this is a redone graphical engine? Not just more assets and themes and buffing.

Originally posted by DS12 View Post
                      I wonder if the new version will allow for the designed courses to go back to TGC...lofty goals I know

Side note, this announcement should make the console/PC version cheaper to build courses on and play virtually before going to the sim (if people want to do that)
                      The golf sim versions should be $100, not $1000. I honestly don't know how they justify it.

Comment

If it fixes the online modes and makes them work and gets a scramble mode in there I'm all for it. Don't see any of that happening though

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

The golf sim versions should be $100, not $1000. I honestly don't know how they justify it.
                          $100 sim software is impossible. Not enough money to maintain a staff to do support, bug fixes, r&d or anything really. If you think this is expensive look at E6 or FSX.
                          My Courses:
                          Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
                          London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
                          Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
                          Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
                          Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
                          Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
                          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
                          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
                          National GC of Canada RCR
                          Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR