Bushnell Launch Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushnell Launch Pro

Any one have any tidbits about the Bushnell? Looks like it is Foresight sold under Bushnell brand. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301338047.html

Speculation is that its a dressed up, updated GC2. photo shows some metrics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	launch pro.jpg
Views:	8344
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	338079

Comment

Gc3......

Comment

This is interesting to me. I’d love a quad but it’s just too expensive for me right now. I’m really curious about price point and features on this. The website suggests tour level ball and club data so curious how much club data they will provide at what price to not compete too much with quad (unless it’s going to be in same ballpark price but it feels like this is targeting consumers more).

Also curious how they’ll handle the software side as I’m not a fan of the Foresight software model (I’d rather pay $1k a year like Trackman for good practice software and basically all the courses than periodic forced upgrades and a per course purchase model).

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Gresh12 I'd bet money I care about that they'll still make you pay for FSX in order to get access to e6 (if offered) and no TGC compatibility.

Tbh I'm really surprised nobody has hacked GCQ/2 to use pirated FSX yet, but I suppose there's no market for that at the moment.

• Jnc10
          Jnc10 commented
          Editing a comment
          my guess is 3-5K and coincides with new release of fsx 2021(play) i would not be surprised if they use this to go with subscription model, Why would you pay 4k for a LM and 3k for the sw. that is why it makes sense

there are other options to play a sim with the quad so other options are not feasible ATM

From the website, the only club data might be clubhead speed.

Your pursuit of longer carries and lower scores requires knowing the critical data points of your swing. Club head speed, ball speed, launch angle, carry distance, spin rate and roll out – all of it.

It would be super cool if they provided the images of the clubhead go through the impact zone like the unekoor does even if the data isn't being measured.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          In most cases, AoA and CHS is all that needs measuring if you have snow motion recording of the swing. Path and club face can be reasoned out using the other measured data and ball flight compared to the video.

Obviously high end amateurs and professionals would need more data but they're not the bulk of the market.

• Gresh12
          Gresh12 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d like something with path/face in addition to speed and AoA (my Mevo+ has the latter two) but I’m guessing they’ll keep face/path for quad as Floghtscope did for X3.

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          You're likely correct on that.

I think we're seeing the start of a major shift to lower prices for every type of launch monitor. The Garmin R10 is going to move the market dramatically. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by pcascio View Post
          I think we're seeing the start of a major shift to lower prices for every type of launch monitor. The Garmin R10 is going to move the market dramatically. Just my opinion of course.
          I agree on the shift in price point. Going to see a lot of units between the 2k and 15k range. But I think the hype on the garnin is crazy. It’s the flight scope mevo, but from a company not experienced in golf launch monitors

Comment

• Morini
            Morini commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree about Garmin hype. It will not be a player in the sim field. But great device for entry level game improvement.

Hi everyone

I think this bushnell/foresight thing will flop big time.

Home users won't spend 3-5k on a launch monitor and another 2-3k on software for what they are about to offer.

Uneekor will be a better buy.

Most will stick to Mevo+ or skytrak.

If flightscope unlocked mevo + it would kill this new products sales immediately.

Skytrak releases something better- it would also kill sales for this product.

Full swing new product will probably kill this products sales too.

ES 16 tour plus will get there ............eventually and they seem to embrace 3rd party software.

Local driving ranges are all getting/offering trackman bays and sim golf, prices dropping to join a range/sim club.

Old GC2's will be gold dust for their 3rd party sim options.

Imagine GC2 with no TGC or GSX software for home user...................no thanks, not at foresight prices.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by HappyGilmore102; 07-24-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Sixmudd
            Sixmudd commented
            Editing a comment
            Gcquad is actually pretty easy to move from righty to lefty and vice versa. I do it, and txg guys have done easily as well when they have done the course challenges between ian and Matty boy

• Jnc10
            Jnc10 commented
            Editing a comment
            full swing has no chance to kill this product.

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            you lost me at ES 16 Tour will get there

What’s the ballpark release date on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Atlgopher View Post
            What’s the ballpark release date on this?
            I’m sure it’s over confidence. But the foresight rep said they had them in stock now and would ship in august/September.

so few details have been released that I really doubt that

Comment

• Gresh12
              Gresh12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree this seems unlikely. That said the hardware is probably simple for them if they are relying on GC2/4 components and knowledge. The biggest thing right now is probably not development but production given global supply chain is still a challenge.

Originally posted by Nicolcm View Post

I’m sure it’s over confidence. But the foresight rep said they had them in stock now and would ship in august/September.

so few details have been released that I really doubt that
            Thanks. Agreed, that timeline does seem aggressive.

I’m starting a sim build and planned on getting a Skytrak....may wait a bit and see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore102 View Post
              Hi everyone

I think this bushnell/foresight thing will flop big time.

Home users won't spend 3-5k on a launch monitor and another 2-3k on software for what they are about to offer.

Uneekor will be a better buy.

Most will stick to Mevo+ or skytrak.

If flightscope unlocked mevo + it would kill this new products sales immediately.

Skytrak releases something better- it would also kill sales for this product.

Full swing new product will probably kill this products sales too.

ES 16 tour plus will get there ............eventually and they seem to embrace 3rd party software.

Local driving ranges are all getting/offering trackman bays and sim golf, prices dropping to join a range/sim club.

Old GC2's will be gold dust for their 3rd party sim options.

Imagine GC2 with no TGC or GSX software for home user...................no thanks, not at foresight prices.

Just my 2 cents
              I'm not sure you're taking into account how misinformed the general population is. Sure, people on this forum are able to discriminate on specs and are decently knowledgeable about each brand. That couldn't be further from the truth for most golfers. I think these are incredibly smart moves for both Garmin and Bushnell. They're leveraging their very well known brands to go into this vertical. People will associate their being really good at some form of technology with them being good at all technology related to golf.

Comment

• HappyGilmore102
                HappyGilmore102 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Cris

Garmin R10 is going to be fine for what it is, to me it will probably be an improved version of the R-motion if anyone remembers that.

Home users will love it, but this new GC2 thing will struggle if there's no TGC access.

Remember, Foresight bought the redchain software years ago and I have this feeling that they are going to tie up this new gc2 sales to their own simulation, which is not that great.

Pricing will be everything since Home users willing to pay 4k + will be small in numbers, pro's and serious golfers will stick with Quad.

Most Home users will stick with Mevo + & skytrak for all the sim options and price.

Mevo plus can be unlocked to provide more data and skytrak is already 7 years old, a new model will be better and its really good already for home use.

I don't think this new GC2 will be upgradable for an HMT so will home users drop 2-3 extra k for a little more accuracy.

Testing videos on youtube show how accurate all these systems are when all shots are measured at the same time.

The TXG testing on youtube for Skytrak was not done right, wrong setup, shots not measured at the same time.

GC2 is 10 + years old, skytrak sales must have started to hurt foresight from 2017.

GC2 used to be the skytrak of its day.

This is just my view, hope I'm wrong.

Now live front page on Bushnell's site.

Comment

You would think they would include some meaningful details on the product if it’s really going to be available this fall

Comment

Thought some might like this.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                    JackedUpSwing commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Before anyone gets too excited, this is golfspy's opinion on what they THINK will be happening with this LM. They have no new information, still a good watch regardless.

• Morini
                    Morini commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yup, no inside knowledge, just speculating like the rest of us.
                Working...
                X