Garmin Approach R10 Fan Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Approach R10 Fan Issues

Got my R10 in and spent an hour trying to get the green light on in my garage. Finally an error message popped up on the Garmin driving range saying “radio interference” and to move the radar… So I turned off my garage fans and like magic it started working… Big issue for me as I live in Florida and my garage is pushing 110 degrees about now lol… Looks like a barely used R10 is about to hit the market… ugh!

Same thing happened to me. I moved my floor fan behind the R10 works fine.

Comment

• Jdent83
      Jdent83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Update: nbar you were correct I moved two of my fans behind the Garmin R10 unit and it is working great! Thanks again!

Noise interferes with all Doppler units.

Comment

• Dax
      Dax commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the things that cause interference are fans, fluorescent lights. Having radar facing a metallic surface (like a garage door) can also be problematic.

• bubbtubbs
      bubbtubbs commented
      Editing a comment
      So do compressor motors, like in a portable AC or refrigerator.

I will have to figure out as I have 4 fans in a square setup to circle air flow as it gets brutally hot. Thanks nbar for the tip!

Comment

Garage door openers, when in use can also be a problem.

Comment

Geez, this could be a deal killer for some.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
          bubbtubbs commented
          Editing a comment
          It may. Part of the issue is that "can be used indoors" doesn't always equate to "should be used indoors". The environment plays a role in the performance of the radar units and each environment is unique. The only way to really know if you have interference problems in your space is to test it.

• Gresh12
          Gresh12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Similar issues with Mevo+ as noted indoors can have issues for radar. I haven’t seen all the Garmin materials but hopefully they gave some guidance on this (Mevo+ came with things that explained interference to a degree) but I think Garmin may see more people having issues that aren’t prepared for it as I suspect less research goes in to a $700 item than a $2k item and up from there.
      Working...
      X