Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GARMIN R10 - First Look! Review + Accuracy Test VS UNEEKOR EYE XO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GARMIN R10 - First Look! Review + Accuracy Test VS UNEEKOR EYE XO!

Watch our Garmin R10 First Look & Review as we do a full unboxing and accuracy test up against the UNEEKO EYE XO. The Garmin Approach R10 is a all-new portable golf launch monitor coming in at only $599 that allow for users to have a full golf simulator experience except for putting. We will demonstrate chipping, irons, and driver to see how the Garmin R10 stacks up against a high-end camera based system like the EYE XO.

I agree on the value point, but I still can't imagine being satisfied with flipping a coin on spin axis every shot, especially if it's your off-season practice device.

Comment

• a98cr125
      a98cr125 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I think it would be important for a user only really pay close attention to distance, ball speed, club speed, and horizontal launch angle seemed pretty solid for the most part so they would know start direction. There have been some updates, I did do them and I would expect more and will for sure keep everyone posted on progress. Thanks for watching.

Great video a98cr125 - with all this attention, I wonder why there is not a Garmin R10 Forum setup yet? It seems to be accurate enough (as in Mevo+ range), and yes there are some spin axis issues, but that's about all that I see, other than missing putting. Who would not want to save $5k-$10k or more and have a portable LM as well as one to be used for simulation, as needed?

I feel the Garmin R10 is a game changer in the industry, maybe an industry changer for the low-end market, which seems to be thousands of users, especially if you look at facebook forum on it. I hope Garmin can partner with ProTee in some way to bring in TGC2019 support - that would be fantastic, and if they could somehow find a way to read putts (either adding camera, or some other way).

Keep us posted on how the updates shake out as there's a lot of improving that could take place, but coming such a low price I feel it's a good starting point.

Comment

• Brettster
      Brettster commented
      Editing a comment
      bubbtubbs - surprised you have aversion to R10 is light years beyond Optishot and many are reporting as good as Mevo+ at 1/3rd price. But then again, it's not trying to compete with other high-end LMs.

When you say 'why not' is that to my suggestion that R10 should also have it's own forum? It makes sense, many of the others as you say, Optishot and others have their own forum up here and offer less data and sim playability.

Forum Admin: Any way you can create an R10 Forum and move this and other related posts over there?

• bubbtubbs
      bubbtubbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Brettster as good as Mevo+? Surely you're joking. The previously-discussed spin axis issues disqualify it from being a reliable indoor practice or simulation tool where you can't verify ball flight visually.

"Why not" means just that - it should have its own forum.
      Last edited by bubbtubbs; 09-24-2021, 07:00 PM.

• a98cr125
      a98cr125 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do agree for the most part, most of the data seems right. Spin and spin axis are off though and that seems to be based on club data being wrong causing a bad calculation. Backspin is one thing, sometimes lower spin or higher spin causing alg's to have boosted or short distance. But axis is important. Even though it's decent sometimes the opposite has to be fixed to be a "game changer. I don't think showing opposite ball flight would be good for anyone especially those that don't understand where the ball should be going based on path, face, and impact etc. If they can at least get the right direction of flight (not saying it has to have even a close flight at least you know the shape) then I would have to say at $599, yes really is a game changer. Thanks for watching!
      Last edited by a98cr125; 09-27-2021, 12:01 PM.
Working...
X