Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

New Sim/Launch Monitor - SLX Hybrid X3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sim/Launch Monitor - SLX Hybrid X3

After recently discovering I have space in my Florida room to hit balls, I've been on a mission to put together a sim/launch monitor. I also use the space for my home office. So while it's a decent sized room; 23' x 13' roughly. It does potentially limit what I can choose with some monitors, in what they require for distance between the device, hitting area, screen/net, etc.

I also want to keep it economical. I just need something that's fun and fairly accurate. So I initially settled on the SwingLogic SLX MicroSim (formerly Tittle X). Took delivery of one the other day. Haven't run it through its paces yet. But based on user reviews and videos, I expect it'll be pretty good for my needs.

I did however reach out to SwingLogic, as I noticed a very brief reference to a new product they may be releasing. That is, the SLX Hybrid X3. They posted a short video online a couple months ago, but there wasn't much detail. Looks like it was something in development prior to SwingLogic taking over Tittle X. And seems as though it could be packed with some cool features.

Now, I'm a nobody. Don't have a YT channel. Not known in the community. But I exchanged some emails with SwingLogic's founder and he's been super responsive. Obviously they aren't ready to share many details. And I'm even apprehensive about sharing what little info he was able to provide to me. Suffice it to say, this Hybrid X3 seems like it could really be a winner. Guys may not be ditching their trackman and other high end stuff. But it seems this could be a very worthy competitor in the market for value monitors/sims (Garmin, Rapsodo, SwingCaddie, etc.).

I'll post the video below for anyone interested. And hoping this thread can be a place to discuss details as more info is made public. As an aside, I can't speak highly enough of the SwingLogic staff. I've just been super impressed with their responsiveness and customer care. I'm really eager and excited to see what the Hybrid X3 is all about.

Well, the details and early bird reservation finally dropped on the Hybrid X3. True to its name, it is a genuine hybrid. Radar based main unit, that only requires 3 feet of ball flight. And a magnetic micro sensor that can attach to your golf glove. Compatible with E6. It's also a bluetooth speaker. Oh, and it serves as a gps device, pre-loaded with 30,000 courses.

If this thing lives up to the hype, it could be a Bushnell/Mevo/SwingCaddie/Rapsodo killer.

https://comingsoon.co/products/swinglogic/
    Last edited by PG50; 04-30-2022, 04:31 AM. Reason: Forgot the link to the launch site

Comment

No spin axis so you're better off buying the cheapest radar PLM to get ball speed, VLA and carry under the R10 price point.point.

IMO, of course.

Comment

• PG50
        PG50 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know definitively that it doesn't calculate spin axis. You would think that it could similar to the Garmin. But like the Garmin, how accurate it is will be an unknown. And the thing is only $300. Seems pretty good for a radar based monitor. But I'm all ears if there's a better option at that price.

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        PG50 just going by the data points listed on the link you showed. Spin rate is listed but not axis.

It might be decent - after all, the Garmin turned out better than (reasonably) expected.

• PG50
        PG50 commented
        Editing a comment
        bubbtubbs Agreed that it's not listed in the marketing info. My thought is that, based on how it collects data, it would be reasonable to think they could give calculated spin axis. I have no illusions this will replace a trackman. But in the entry level market, it could be a solid option. It definitely has features that others in the price point don't have (gps, secondary sensor, etc.).

A happy Tittle user here, and I found JS Youn a decent guy in previous dealings. Thanks for posting, I'd probably be more interested in the micro sensor I suspect but it wasn't that clear to me (so far) what widget was providing what. Also seemed geared towards the US buggy/cart audience, perhaps some SLX influence - acknowledge that's a big market though!

Comment

• PG50
        PG50 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've not interacted with JS. But instead their leadership since SwingLogic acquired Tittle. I'm also not 100% certain whether the sensor and radar unit can be used solo. I'd imagine the radar should work on its own. And if the sensor contains anything like the tech in Tittle, it should also work as a standalone. I'd agree it's geared towards the US, as they're now based here.

FYI. Kickstarter went live today. They're already 10 times over their goal in backers for the new unit. Shipping looks to be around June/July. At the start of the day they only had 100 presale spots. I got in with like 13 left. But looks like they've since increased the availability for early adopters.

Comment

Working...
      X