Rmotion sensor dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rmotion sensor dead

My sensor wouldn't work today when I tried it. Can't get any lights to come on whether I was trying to connect or charging. Wondering if anyone else had this problem and possible solution? In the meantime, I opened a ticket with Rmotion support and am waiting on a response. They've had fabulous support with me so far so I expect to hear from them soon.

Could you solve this issue?

Comment

Couldn't solve it. They're sending me a replacement.

Comment

I am going through the same issue right now, except that when plugged into the charging cable it will charge and connect via the R-Motion app. However, when taken off of the cable the sensor will NOT turn on and ultimately loses its connection with the R-Motion app. Rapsodo can you shed any light on correction actions or a way forward on this issue?

Regards!

Comment

Hello. Could you pls reach out to support support@rmotiongolf.com. We will help you out quickly.

Comment

Received my replacement sensor today and it's working great. Thank Rapsodo for the great service. You guys have been outstanding with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jb50 View Post
              Received my replacement sensor today and it's working great. Thank Rapsodo for the great service. You guys have been outstanding with me.
              That's good news.
              just for we other users to don't worry, is this failure something rare?

Comment

• Jb50
                Jb50 commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe this failure is rare. I sent the old unit back so they can take a look at it. One thing I noticed, and sent an email to rapsodo about, is the new unit fits much better in the charger. It slides easily in and out as opposed to the previous sensor which was very tight and pretty difficult to get in and out of the charger. It may have been it just wasn't getting a good connection to charge. This is my 3rd unit. The first was working great but the cover popped open. It still worked but they offered to exchange it for me and have since fixed the cover issue.

I hope this great customer support is still in effect come the winter months when I really start using mine. I believe I was in the group of initial users so I expect some of the same wear issues once I start regularly using this thing.

Comment

I've used the customer support at least 3x's so far. Each time they've gotten back with me same day with a support ticket. Then the next day an email with a plan going forward. This last time I emailed back and forth with support trying different suggestions before it was decided to replace it. All in all it took about 10 days from the onset of the problem until I had a new one in my hand.

Comment

I echo Jb50 with nothing but great customer service. If you are patient while the initial kinks are still being worked, you will be satisfied with the setup.

Comment

I too had a similar issue with a dead sensor. The guys from r-motion were fantastic though and replaced it straight away. Great customer experience.

Comment

I had the same problem after about 5 days of use. Rmotion replied to my problem and are going to send me a new sensor. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here (Canada)...

Comment

We've gone through four sensors in seven months of owning the R-Motion. There were a number of faults we'd run into when trying to play TGC with the R-Motion:

At first the sensor works properly and we're able to play a round of 18 no problem, maybe a couple good shots didn't register, but no big deal. However, things started getting frustrating when the computer would not sense the USB dongle, or the USB dongle wouldn't find the club sensor. Even more frustrating is when the stars align properly, but then the "play" button doesn't appear for some reason after running the check. Eventually the club sensor was unrecognizable at all by the R-Motion computer software. This happened over the course of about three or four weeks until the sensor just wasn't recognized at all.

Just recently we received a new replacement sensor which lost it's capacity to hold a charge after two days of use. When plugged into a power outlet near the computer the game would read the sensor with a full charge, but as soon as you remove it from the power outlet the sensor would lose all power and the game would no longer read the sensor. This happened with our first sensor, but that sensor lasted about a month.

We have used two different PCs to play TGC with the R-Motion. The one computer fails to recognize the dongle at all. The other computer eventually fails to read the club sensor, or the sensor loses it's capacity. Both are running Windows 10.

The customer service has been good. It will take 5-10 business days to recieve a new r-motion sensor (here in Southern Ontario of Canada). However good the customer service is though, if the software continues to fail then that means we can't use the product we've paid for. There are also some serious problems with the sensors consistency with not reading shots altogether. It's bearable if perhaps a shot isn't read 1/20 shots, but there are times when you will swing away four or five times at the ball until the game finally reads the shot. A couple times now we've had the sensor just not register shots and so the only option is to click "rewind shot" and cross your fingers that your efforts may have done something to help.

Overall, the game is SO much fun when it works, but quite frankly it's more frustrating than it is fun. It's frustrating when you invite a buddy over to shoot a round, only to have to open and reboot the R-Motion software for 15 minutes while you roll the dice on the computer properly recognizing the devices. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend until the software issues were fixed. And when they are playing a round with me and there are problems that cannot be explained without some serious computer jargon then it turns them off from getting one of their own!
                        Last edited by wilkyb; 08-19-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I have had 3 units, very similar problems to what has already been reported above. I will say the customer service has been great so while frustrating when its down i will continue to use the product. I have used mine a lot and it seems to last 3-4 months at a time. if I lose another unit though it probably fair to start questioning the durability; however, at this price point you do need to take that into consideration.

Comment

Bought rmotion as a Xmas gift for my wife. The sensor died yesterday needless to say we are both very disappointed. Hopefully we will get the same wonderful customer service that others with this issue experienced.

Comment

Working...
                            X