Tittle X Golf Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tittle X Golf Simulator

This is something new I found. It's the Tittle X Golf Simulator from tittlegolf.com. Mine just arrived two days ago. The Tittle X device is not meant to be a full impact simulator, but more of a practice tool with simulator feedback. It comes with a short two foot club called a swing stick that's weighted to feel like a real club and has a mechanical head that provides a 'kick' when the club is at it's lowest swing trajectory giving it the haptic feedback of striking a ball. The Title X device is very similar in concept to the R-motion device. You have a small thumb size bluetooth device that clips onto the the 'swing stick' that does what the R-motion does. It records all of the club swing parameters and calculates clubs speed, ball flight distance. The software provided is the E6 Truegolf simulator with a 12 courses. Tittle provides a very professional looking middleware that reads the bluetooth data and feeds processed swing data to the E6 Truegolf software. I also found on the Google play store that Tittle has an beta version Android golf simulator that gives you a diving range and a few holes of golf. In addition to the Tittle deice, they also give you two additional clips for your own clubs, one for your 7-iron and one for your putter although they say on their website not to use real balls because it 'will' damage the device. They say nothing about foam balls though. So the way it's designed it's perfect for practicing in your living room or office, were ceilings may be low. It's a great system for the kids, or for folks trapped in a snow bound apartment building. For indoor use, indoor practice, or teaching your kids golf, it's a wonderful device and safe for your ceilings.

The quality of the Swing stick, and Tittle device are excellent and durable. The Tittle X thumb size device has a very readable white LED display that shows displays info on the status of the chip. It shows charging scale, 'Ready' message, 'Swing' the time, swing speed and yardage. The E6 Truegolf simulator is very responsive with very very little lag between ball impact and simulator action. Same with the Android beta simulator. It's a Great device to just have fun with.

Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

• I've just ordered the basic package. Was toying with the cradle pack, but they don't discount the combined postage so gave it a miss.
    Are most of you using some kind of putty?

Comment

• Attached is what I use it’s called Locktite poster tack. I put 3 pieces on the sensor and simply switch the sensor from club to club and that lasts me a few rounds before I replace the poster tack. I use almost golf balls for full swing (due to kids bedroom next to garage) and I use real balls for short game chipping and putting.
      Last edited by Jdent83; 08-31-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• ElMannyRuiz
        ElMannyRuiz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi. Is this still working for you? I just ordered my Tittle and would like to use it with all my clubs and will order almost balls. I'd be afraid the sensor would fly off.

• If interested, I have played a couple of full rounds with the Tittle and e6 Connect. Putting is kicking my butt right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdent83 View Post
        Attached is what I use it’s called Locktite poster tack. I put 3 pieces on the sensor and simply switch the sensor from club to club and that lasts me a few rounds before I replace the poster tack. I use almost golf balls for full swing (due to kids bedroom next to garage) and I use real balls for short game chipping and putting.
        Thanks. Strangely although we have plenty of Loctite products here in the UK for some reason not this one. I'll give the UHU white tack a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by braycobb View Post
          If interested, I have played a couple of full rounds with the Tittle and e6 Connect. Putting is kicking my butt right now.

Thanks, first time I've watched one of those, you seemed to rattle through a round at a good pace! How are you fixing the device and what type of balls were you using?
          How are you finding it compares with you playing an actual round of golf? Obviously putting more difficult.
          Ta.

Comment

• Originally posted by BubbaP View Post

Thanks, first time I've watched one of those, you seemed to rattle through a round at a good pace! How are you fixing the device and what type of balls were you using?
            How are you finding it compares with you playing an actual round of golf? Obviously putting more difficult.
            Ta.
            I can typically play a round in ~50 minutes. That has always been the case, regardless of which system I was using.

I use foam balls and Almost Golf balls. Unfortunately, I am not in a position that I can use real balls. I am using the clips that came with the Tittle to attach the sensor. The unit I bought came with 11 clips.

As with any of the sims, always having a "perfect lie" helps tremendously. In general, I shoot 10 or so shots better on the sim. Although, right now, I am about the same with Tittle due to the short game.

Comment

• Nice course. I love the challenge of the Judge. Nice setup too. I also play at a pretty good clip 40-50 min. I agree with Yorkie. Sweet device.
              Courses Created:
              Cresent Hill KY (L)
              Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
              Seneca GC KY (L) 18
              Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• I like mine had it about 4 months. I have Optishot, R Motion and Tittle X. The Tittle X is more forgiving than the R Motion, Optishot is nothing more than a game and the graphic look 20 years old. They have improved my game. Tittle X service is outstanding contacted them twice and each time they responded in a day. R Motion service is almost nonexistent. They have basically dropped the product and moved to another product. I don't putt on either one I set putting to gimmies once on the green. Putting is the most unrealistic part of it. I hit real balls on both and I lose a little distance over foam balls. Usually shot 10 stores better on the sims than real golf. I am saving for a Skytrac one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by braycobb View Post

Unfortunately, I am in a holding pattern. I have been unable to get it to connect to the PC's built-in Bluetooth. Only thing available local is the Insignia 4.0 dongle and it doesn't work well. I have a 5.0 adapter that will be delivered on Tuesday. I am able to connect to my phone and use the E6 Connect app.
                  Well device arrived but different issue. Can't bluetooth connect tittle to the phone (have tried 3 phones). It pairs, but when try to connect doesn't show "connecting...". Anyone seen this?

I was under the impression you could use phone as a bridge to the PC. But maybe need to buy a dongle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BubbaP View Post

Well device arrived but different issue. Can't bluetooth connect tittle to the phone (have tried 3 phones). It pairs, but when try to connect doesn't show "connecting...". Anyone seen this?

I was under the impression you could use phone as a bridge to the PC. But maybe need to buy a dongle.
                    Some progress, there was another app, ti.ttle swing analyser and this one connected. Had a little play around, swings detected. Some putts on the mat and the distances seemed reasonable. Was packing away when on a whim tried the original tittle x app and it connected this time!
                    This app had the e6 option in, so loaded that and it did try to do the phone to pc connection. Unfortunately even with manual ip entering it wouldn't connect. Bluetooth dongle ordered!
                    Last edited by BubbaP; 09-03-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• I just bought a Bluetooth dongle, connects every time to the PC, Whats nice with E6 connect it that it connects direct through E6 and no need to have the app open.

Comment

• Just a note on putting. Ulike.co.kr says it will be fixed in a firmware upgrade. No date on the release. In the meantime setting the Stemp to 16 will play like an 8, 14 like a 7. No help for tournament play. If the distance is more than 10ft just pretend your putting through mud.

Also just realize that chips, pitches and chip-n-run all roll out at the higher Stemp value meaning a faster rolling longer carry.
                        Last edited by Chuck; 09-03-2020, 11:49 PM.
                        Courses Created:
                        Cresent Hill KY (L)
                        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• I saw someone post about the $120 e6 package...does this give you more courses than the few that are included?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUsmith View Post
                            I saw someone post about the $120 e6 package...does this give you more courses than the few that are included?

The $120 basically gets you everything in the e6 Connect Expanded pack....All 96 courses, practice options, online events, etc.

Comment

• Sorry if these are stupid questions. Where do you buy the upgrade from and is a one time fee or annual?

Comment

• yorkie
                                yorkie commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I upgraded to the full version of E6 Connect for $120 after a call to Melissa & Truesoft what a great piece of software & great service from Melissa.

$120 yearly subscription
                            Working...
                            X