Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Motion Mobile App - BETA

Hello All,

We are looking for a few volunteers who can help us test the iOS version of the R-Motion. Could you please PM me your e-mail address if you are interested?

You need to have:
    - An R-Motion
    - iPhone 6S or newer phone

We will limit the test to a few people this round. You must be prepared to hit a few hundred shots for us.

Thanks.

Are you still contacting others to test the app? I haven’t received an email yet.

Comment

Tested this out last night at practice greens at course. Really unbelievable how this can track ball flight!! It really reads shaft lean well.
      And the fact that you can see a full 3d range like on a computer but only on your phone is A++!!

Hit some bump and runs and it perfectly adjusted loft to low shots! Saw about a 10 degree difference in LA.
      Also hit high lob shots and did the same as well!!! Seems that opening club face for higher loft didn't really effect ball direction, which should be how it is.
      Super portable now and will 100% keep in golf bag!
      Last edited by golfun2; 07-12-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

If I shouldn’t display these pics let me know. There was no TOS to read.

THIS is the product we’ve been waiting for. Yes it doesn’t read ball flight directly but it’s now a super affordable fully simulated driving range in your yard!! Many measurements. Just too cool and amazed that it finally exists.

-Also I was trying crazy exaggerated swing paths and it was picking them up! Really useful actually.

btw- On the IPad it’s great because the screen is huge and easy to read/see!

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          In your second image, if you swipe the top to the left, you get about 6 different measurements/calculations. Bad thing is though you can't hit shots on that setting so it's kind of a pain. They told they are fixing the history not matching the shot data and the path being degrees not percentage. A lot more work needs to be done IMO.

Def! There should be visuals too like the game. Image of club face and image of ball. And then corresponding lines showing what’s happening for easier visuals with the numbers.

They are implenting Audible Voice stats too so you don’t have to look down.

I would keep reporting bugs and features. It is just the first beta after all.

Its going to 👍🏼 when finished hopefully and is already awesome using.

Comment

I installed it on my 3rd gen iPad - the bigger screen is perfect. The iPhones' smaller screen would be a hazzle for me; I definately much prefer the bigger iPad.

Hit some 20 8-irons today in the backyard - without ball, just grass. This thing picked them all up but 1! (Which in all fairness barely just touched grass)
          So very impressed without even hitting a ball.

Odd thing is on my PC it seemed to delay about 5s to generate a shot. iPad seems to take considerably less time in the 2s range? Haven't actually timed it, it's just an impression.

Shots under 100m seems to be "static", ie no ball cam following trajectory as on >100m shots, which is great. (I also have a Swingbyte, this is much better)
          The graphics on the app looks really rough and low res on the iPad, hopefully this will get an upgrade.
          I also had some issues with buttons not working while registering, or sometimes the app seems a bit unresponsive when navigating. Never had any issue shot wise though.

The app would do good to have a horizontal mode for a better numbers presentation. A birds eye perspective view would also be great.

Hopefully they'll also be adding some playable courses, that'd be sooooo sweet!

Comment

All in all the app is a great start. I saw all the same things as WBond mentioned in an earlier post. Once the numbers are correct, this is going to be a great practice tool. AOA is super helpful.

Bugs...
            The stats page is all wrong
            On an ipad, some of the ball and swing stats are cut off
            Gap Wedge numbers seem almost exactly what I get on the TGC, but as the clubs get longer the distances get proportionately shorter. (Driver is just over 200 on the app and near 270 on TGC)
            Distances change wildly and to me it seemed like it was tied to swing path, but could be totally wrong.

Can't wait for the next version!

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              I had wildly different distances as well with almost identical numbers. I sent it to rmotion and I questioned their response. When i see this, there is something usually screwed up with their spin estimation.

DITTO Next version!!!!

Comment

Rapsodo Pretty disappointed I wasn't included in this testing. I am not sure why you are limiting the testing to 20 users (or how you even selected those 20 as I definitely responded straight away to this thread and PM). I would think the more users testing the app the better to get the various results and identify bugs. I'd go hit 500 shots tonight if you wanted.

Comment

HeMan we must have missed your mail. Pls pm me your email address and We will send the invite.

Comment

• HeMan
                  HeMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You guys are awesome as usual. Sent and thanks!

The customer support is pretty amazing with these guys.

Comment

Rapsodo I don’t suppose an invite is still coming tonight? Please let me know if you received my PM. Thanks!

Comment

Rapsodo I am looked forward to testing the app this weekend. A quick initial question for anyone using it or Rapsodo, am I able to adjust club shaft length and loft or is it just default? I would like to test this with both me and my daughter.

Comment

• Jb50
                      Jb50 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just got the app today and yes you can change the length and lie. What I don’t see is a blade to change ball type? Maybe I’m missing it somewhere?

• HeMan
                      HeMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! I finally figured out I had to press the info button and then change the numbers.

My first comment is there should be a setting to store multiple profiles so if different people use it you can just pull up that profile instead of changing club specs (maybe this already exists and I just don’t know how to do it).

• Jb50
                      Jb50 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry HeMan, I didn’t realize you were asking how to do it. I thought you were just asking if it was possible before you had even downloaded the app. I would have been more detailed.

I played with it a little. Only hit 10 or so shots. I won’t repeat what others have mentioned. Couple of things:
                    1. I had trouble signing in. It wouldn’t take my user name and password. Maybe I screwed up but when I clicked on forgot password it said an email has been sent but that email never arrived. I ended up registering again and this worked. I used the exact address and password. Then saw I needed to agree to terms and conditions. Maybe that was my issue before?
                    2. I don’t see a way to change balls. I use foam but didn’t see an option. Maybe I missed it.
                    3. With the admittedly limited number of shots I tried, all shots were going left unless I intentional left the face open and hit it to the right. These would then show straight. Sensor is in same position on club as it was yesterday and it worked perfectly in TGC.
                    4. App screen won’t rotate. I would rather have it wide view.

If any of the above are something I’m missing please let me know. I was using an iPhone 6. Next I will try on my iPad.

Comment

Hit 60 balls today on the range with the app. Most of my shots were heading off to the right. Even when I pulled one it was right of the center line. Will check alightment of the sensor and try again.

On the Stats page I assume the distance is total distance? As it is different and longer than the Histrory page. I can’t see Tempo and launch angle on the History page as well. Is it cut off?

Besides the club head speed and ball speed being way off on the history page I’m getting huge side spin numbers! On a hybrid shot visually I see a slight draw and the app shows 354 back spin and 4838 side spin!

it was great to be able to carry an iPhone to the range and see these kind of stats instantly though!

using it on an iPhone 7 Plus.

another question. I wanted also to try it on my iPad but the Apple beta page said that I need to get another invite. Is this correct or can I download another way?

Comment

Yep, I get very weird numbers sometimes, low back spin, like in the hundreds and huge side spin, something close to what you would expect for back spin for that particular club. These shots also go a lot longer. It’s like they get switched or something. Also have the same problem with shots going right even though I can intentionally hit it left of centerline. You only get one download, I asked for a second to try on iPad. Love the larger screen but numbers are completely cutoff on the club data screen at the bottom. It’s got a ways to go, but should be easy to clean up.

Comment

Working...
                        X