R-Motion not detecting clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Motion not detecting clubs

Today, I decided to start from scratch with R-Motion. I uninstalled/reinstalled the program. Put all sensors below the grips on all clubs (broke one, guess they don't stretch far enough). Re-measured the clubs lengths and added those values in Clubs, along with the loft for each club. I charged the USB dongle overnight, so that was good. Started the app and everything got the green check mark in the app. Went to the driving range with my driver. First shot was not good but R-Motion did detect the swing. Next shot called for a 3W, which I don't have. I have a 3H, which I changed it the club settings, but maybe that didn't stick. Anyway, no other shots were detected after I hit driver. The dongle is still green, even after I swing and make contact with the ball. I'm guessing the club data may not be correct. Maybe the lengths are not accurate. Everything else seems to be configured properly. Any pointers on how to get this configured and going is appreciated.

Sounds like somethings wrong. Have you tried all the steps mentioned in others posts here on the forum? double server.exe and such?
    Are you sure that you have the right grip setup in TGC, if you are lefty you need to change this in your profile.

Comment

Two other things to consider. Make sure you PAUSE just before you swing. This helps R-Motion decide that is a swing when you make it. It's something they put in to help not have a bunch of false readings when scraping balls and banging around etc.

Also, don't think this is it..but I found out that you can have all sorts of troubles if you stick the sensor in backwards. Fits just fine but I think it crashes the system basically. I was playing with my brother and wasnt' paying attention and more times than ever I had to restart device, reboot computer etc. Lot's of weird issues. Later he left I went out and found the sensor backwards. Rebooted everything and was fine for an entire 18 holes like normal!

Comment

I will say i picked mine up about 4 weeks ago I was running it on an old laptop;while it worked it was giving me fits, always switching off, having to walk it out of range or over to the dongle etc. I ended up getting a PC with the specs everyone talks about i.e. 1060 graphics card. I will say it is night and day to how it was working; I rarely look down at the sensor anymore as it is usually ready to go. I did notice that if you take that 1 sec to set yourself behind the ball it usually is good to go. I am sure you read about switching of windows defender, this was messing with the dongle connection for me and would be an issue. I always make sure there is only one version running in task mgr before i hit the play button. Lastly, i find that for me the clips work better when they are an inch or so below the grip; seems to be more accurate to my game IRL.

Comment

One thing that i have noticed when i am having issues it that the USB dongle is not registering; do you by chance have a USB 2.0 and 3.0 port? I find that when i had it in the 2.0 port the misreads were more apparent. In addition i run an extended USB cable to my garage and I think that might sometimes delay the info. If you have a scenario like that you should check, especially if it is green but does not register the shot.

Comment

I ended up reformatting my laptop with Win10 Pro. Fresh install of R-Motion & TGC, program kept crashing. Reboot, same thing. There were a couple server.exe processes running. Killed those processes, started TGC and it crashed again. Ran windows update, works like a charm. Just what I was expected. Manually selected and tried all clubs on the driving range, all is good.

Comment

Working...
            X