R-motion keeps dropping the signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-motion keeps dropping the signal

Well I must have gone and jinxed myself because until this weekend everything was working fine. This weekend I have had nothing but issues, done the usual stuff update driver, changed ports, turned of windows defender,made sure there was not 2 exe running etc. The R-Motion keeps dropping the signal, only way I can get it to work is if the dongle is literally a foot away from me. Otherwise it just switches to red. One weird thing I noticed is anytime I start the R-motion app the first time the dongle wont register (never did this before), close it and then open again and I get the green tick. Am I creating 2 instances/conflicts when that happens?

What is incredibly frustrating is that I get the green on the R-motion and just as I am about to swing it turns to red' I had the interface up and I can see that it cannot detect the device. I originally had the applications on my old laptop before I upgraded to a PC; I took the laptop to my hitting area, exact same issue expect if I brought the laptop onto the hitting mat with me it seemed to work sporadically; anything outside of 1ft and it drops the signal. As you can imagine that is not a viable range to work with; I am going to send the same email to r-motion but any thoughts/tips from other R-motion users would be appreciated. I am thinking I need a new R-motion device!

Getting my screen/projector this week so will be choked if I can not use it.
    Last edited by Smudge7204; 04-16-2018, 05:50 AM.

I've heard some say that their smart-phone sometimes interfeer with the bluetooth. Do you have your phone on you? I see you've tried "all" the stuff but sometimes my profile in TGC switch to lefty... really strange but true

Comment

Update: Did a full clean install of Rmotion and TGC today, same issue only a 1ft range; anyone else ran into this? Not heard anything from Rapsodo yet so hoping the community can chime in.

Comment

I was emailed a new software version last week but it would not load. They sent me this because I was having similar problems. I let them know I kept getting an error when trying to load the program but I haven’t heard back from Rapsodo yet. I ended up having to reload the software from the website. My problem was similar but not exactly the same and the last two times I’ve used my Rmotion it has worked perfectly. They have indicated they know there is a problem and they believe it is mostly related to the server.exe. Have you opened a support ticket? I’ve dealt with them more than a handful of times and they have always responded within 24 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge7204 View Post
          Update: Did a full clean install of Rmotion and TGC today, same issue only a 1ft range; anyone else ran into this? Not heard anything from Rapsodo yet so hoping the community can chime in.
          1ft distance points to some sort of potential hardware issue. We have not seen this problem before, the issue could be the dongle or the sensor. Could you do a quick check for us? If you have a mobile phone, could you download the LightBlue application (link here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ligh...557428110?mt=8) and scan and see. You can turn on the sensor and get a bit further and see the signal quality. You should be able to do the same test with the dongle. You can directly send your results to your support ticket or post here.

Comment

• Smudge7204
            Smudge7204 commented
            Editing a comment
            LightBlue Synopsis:

I first tried to find the dongle no luck
            I then activated the sensor - Rmotion popped up as RMOTION - 2 Services
            The sensor would stay activated in the LightBlue app until it synced with the dongle (as soon as they synced the Rmotion in my lightblue app would grey out)
            If i took the sensor out of the 1ft range it would turn red and the LightBlue app would then show the sensor.
            I can still sync both the dongle and the sensor if they are within 1ft of each, as soon as I pull out of that range it cannot find device

Hopefully we can figure this out, my gut is telling me the dongle needs replacing.

8187 i think is the ticket Rapsodo

Thank you for the response; to be fair the first time I had an issue they got back to me quickly but not heard anything this time. I will DL the app tonight and do the signal test thank you for responding.

Comment

I am running into similar problems, but not the 1ft range issue as mine is more a 3 meter and if you hit a fat shot the light will turn red. Once red, you have to bring the sensor directly next to the dongle and it will turn blue then green.

Comment

• Smudge7204
              Smudge7204 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had the same issue when I was using my old laptop, it would work but I had to move back to the sensor for it to connect. I am not sure what hardware you are running but when I moved to the PC with the right specs it was working great until this last weekend. Also, I have read that if you have other bluetooth devices close by i.e. cell phone it can have an impact. Outside of that I would just reach out to their support; once engaged they have been great to work with.

I have been having the same issue with the same setup I have been running for a year now with my computer tower about 8 meters above (2nd level hobby room with window in garage).

Lately the signal has been cutting out every few shots. I moved my computer down beside where I golf and it seems to work a little better I only had one cutout in 9 holes.

Is there a range on the dongle? Can it get worse over time? Also, would hooking up a USB extension cord that could hang out of my hobby room window down closer to where I golf work? I dont want it to slow the signal down ( I have no idea if that would be the case), I like the ball to come off the tee as soon as possible.

I have my phone and another bluetooth wirless keyboard/mouse device, but I always have had that so I am not sure if that would be the case.

Comment

There has to be a range on the bluetooth; I run an extended USB about 6ft through my garage wall from my office and it worked great until it went haywire. I was trying to experiment with USB 3.0 as that transfers the speeds quicker but I never got to that point. Once I get my new device I will check. There is an free app called LightBlue Explorer that you can DL to your iphone and see the range of the dongle and the rmotion. I found this this be pretty helpful to see that the dongle was not working for me.

Comment

Can someone explain to me just how the R motion, dongle and tracker work? Mine operates so sporadic. One time it connects up with no problem. Sometimes with and sometimes without disabling anti virus program. Does r motion first try to make a connection to the Rapsodo server? After that then the dongle tries to communicate with the tracker? Just trying to understand this frustrating device.
                I don't believe it should work sometimes and not other times. What a pain. Yes I have done all the troubleshooting steps more than once. It is still so sporadic in operation.

Comment

Working...
                X