Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Genghis (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 Spring Tour - ATT Byron Nelson !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 Spring Tour - Fort Worth Invitational with 2 rounds at Colonial CC (beta) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...h-invitational
See more
See less

Results not adding up on R-motion for Skytrak TGC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results not adding up on R-motion for Skytrak TGC

Got the Rmotion a while ago as path is something i am working on that was one of the limitations of skytrak. I've used it three times now and the results are not looking right and i have no idea why. It is always showing an out to in path and the ball and flight data is not consistent with the path results or my feel when i hit it. I know im hitting a draw and its telling me its a cut and a big one at that. I've got an image of the results, they are all similar to this.

Anyone else having any issues with it or have a suggestion of what the issue is?

Try adjusting your clip placement slightly, it may not be square to the clubface. Are the results way off from Skytrak?

Comment

Originally posted by HeMan View Post
      Try adjusting your clip placement slightly, it may not be square to the clubface. Are the results way off from Skytrak?
      Yes the results are way off. I can fiddle around with the clip however i have aligned it with the clubface to what i think is pretty close to perfect so if i adjust it left or right really can still not be confident of the numbers.

If the numbers are wrong it is doing more harm than good. I need to be able to trust the numbers.

Comment

Maybe check that you are starting with the club pointed squarely to the target? It sounds like the starting position is aimed to the right (clubface open), or at least that's what the R motion is seeing. If it is pointed right to start with, a slight inside to out swing would register as out to in because it is out to in relative to a line pointed to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by andygg1986 View Post
          Maybe check that you are starting with the club pointed squarely to the target? It sounds like the starting position is aimed to the right (clubface open), or at least that's what the R motion is seeing. If it is pointed right to start with, a slight inside to out swing would register as out to in because it is out to in relative to a line pointed to the right.
          I’m lining up for a draw so naturally aiming a few degrees right. Club face is square but relative to the skytrak target it may not be.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
            JackedUpSwing commented
            Editing a comment
            That's your problem. Your R-Motion and skytrak have different target lines. If you are using TGC, just use the cursor to change your alignment and aim square relative to skytrak.
        Working...
        X