Dongle issue again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongle issue again

I got an email from Rapsodo for a new software version 1.3.3. I downloaded it and it won't see my dongle again. Went back to verrsion 1.3.2 and it now won't see my dongle. Here are the steps I have taken:
    Downloaded 1.3.3 and it wouldn't see dongle
    Restarted computer but still wouldn't see dongle
    Unistalled 1.3.3 and reinstalled 1.3.2
    1.3.2 wouldn't see dongle
    Restarted computer and 1.3.2 now sees the dongle and everything working
    Decided to try 1.3.3 again and it still wouldn't see dongle
    Restarted computer still won't see dongle
    Unistalled 1.3.3 and reinstalled 1.3.2
    1.3.2 wouldn't see dongle
    Restarted computer and 1.3.2 still doesn't see the dongle
    Shut down computer and restarted and still not seeing the dongle

Also checked often for server.exe issue and never had 2 running
    Moved dongle several times and nothing working

Any thoughts?

I admittedly haven't used the Rmotion much and this is the main reason. I often just want to hit balls for a half an hour but spend an hour trying to get the Rmotion working. I usually could get it working after awhile but now I mostly just hit balls without turning it on.

Decided to just keep opening and closing the app and it finally saw the dongle with v 1.3.2. Then I closed it and opened it again and it doesn't see the dongle. Open and closed it about 5 more time and it saw the dongle again. Not sure what, why, where or whatever. Do I dare try downloading 1.3.3 again?

Comment

Could you please disable anti virus application you are using and attempt to run again ?

Comment

• Jb50
        Jb50 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will try that

• Jb50
        Jb50 commented
        Editing a comment
        I turned off Windows defender and that appears to have worked. Downloaded 1.3.3 and so far everytime I've opened it, it has recognized the dongle.

• Jb50
        Jb50 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spoke too soon. Tried again and wouldn't recognize it. Had to open and close the app 4 times before it would see the dongle. Turned Windows defender back on and tried again. It took 3x's opening and closing before it saw the dongle.

Don’t play with your dongle too much, liable to go blind... What I hear anyway. 😑

Comment

Comment

Please also try to kill an executable called bleapp.exe in the task manager before restarting the app. Multiple instances of bleapp may be the culprit. We are working on this issue and will release a version fixing this once and for all. Apologies guys.

Comment

• Jb50
            Jb50 commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried opening today and it immediately saw the dongle. I closed it and tried again and it wouldn't see the dongle. I checked for the bleapp.exe and didn't see it. I tried several more times to open the Rmotion app and sometimes it would see the dongle right away and other times it would take from 1 to 5 tries before it would see the dongle. Good news is that it seems as long as I keep opening and closing the app, it eventually sees the dongle. I kept looking at task manager and never saw bleapp.exe. Several times it would have Server.exe and Rmotion showing as running in background when the app was closed. Sometimes just Server.exe running in background. Like now for instance. After typing this I checked and Server.exe is still running in the background. I just tried again to open the Rmotion app and it worked fine.

I will try that. Thanks for all you do.

Comment

I know this thread was from the summer, but I am in the same boat. I cannot get anything to work all the sudden. I either get the grey play button or the dongle won't be picked up. What was the email for the updated version? I have contacted Rapsodo and customer support through r-motion and I'm getting no where.

Comment

Working...
            X