Rmotion putting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rmotion putting

Rapsodo I'm having some difficulty putting when using almost golf balls. Many times it just putts by itself. I can't take a practice stroke because it will putt. Sometimes just walking from the keyboard to the ball it will putt. Seems to be too sensitive with the putter. Any way to change the sensitivity for the putter only? All other shots with all other clubs are working fine?

Sorry. No way to change the sensitivity. You can choose real ball mode.

Comment

Rapsodo Ok well that’s kind of not really the answer I was looking for. If I was playing real balls I would choose real balls. There’s an option to choose almost balls. I play almost balls. My only problem I have is putting. I wasn’t asking if I could adjust sensitivity. I was asking if maybe you could adjust it. Maybe I’m the only one who is reporting or having this problem but it is annoying?

Comment

I have never had an issue with the sensitivity level of putting. That seems strange to me since the club needs vibration to sense a hit. Heck, I have to even make sure I hit the putt hard enough to register (I also use almost golf balls). I also use real balls to putt and it reads just fine. I'm not sure what this could be. Do you have the sensor in a clip on your putter? It certainly should not read a stroke on a practice putt unless you are hitting the ground.

The issue I have that is annoying is that I can't even take a real practice swing and touch the turf or else is registers a shot. But oh well.

Comment

I have the same problem with practice swings but that’s something I would expect because I’m hitting the mat which will vibrate. With my putter it will putt the ball while I’m walking back from the keyboard before I even address the ball. I have to hold the putter very steady, carefully setup behind the ball and take my stroke. I can’t practice stroke or it will putt. Even if I don’t hit the mat.

Comment

I have the odd time that it will putt when going to the keyboard but it is very seldom. I also find it will sometime swing when im practicing; what i do is put the sensor in my pocket, do my practice swing and then put in the sensor. Not the greatest but seems to work.

Comment

Thanks smudge. Not ideal but worth a try. I'm working on getting setup to hit real balls. Trying to put a foam border up around the screen to protect the post. Having some issues attaching to the screen. Tried velcro on one side so far and it fell off overnight. Not sure how else to attach it? May end up putting it between the screen and posts and attaching it with zip ties. Either way I think hitting real balls will take care of the issue I am having with the putting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jb50 View Post
                Thanks smudge. Not ideal but worth a try. I'm working on getting setup to hit real balls. Trying to put a foam border up around the screen to protect the post. Having some issues attaching to the screen. Tried velcro on one side so far and it fell off overnight. Not sure how else to attach it? May end up putting it between the screen and posts and attaching it with zip ties. Either way I think hitting real balls will take care of the issue I am having with the putting.
                Jb50 I actually use almost golf balls as well in my very small apartment but when I go to putt, I actually use a real golf ball and a putting matt. No need to change any settings. It works great! Hope this helped.

Comment

When I first got the RMotion I played with Almost Golf Balls, but I still putted with Real balls. It was not real at all for putting with almost balls...felt so weird and was hard to judge distances. So if I understand your issue.... select Almost balls...hit them with all your clubs...but use a real ball for putting (no need to change settings or anything). You don't need to putt very long so that shouldn't be an issue for hitting it into walls or something. Maybe that helps?

Comment

Working...
                  X