R Motion Uprgrade to TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R Motion Uprgrade to TGC 2019

Rapsodo I am under the impression based on comments from Pro Tee that a TGC 2019 upgrade may not be in the plans for R Motion. This would be extremely disappointing to watch all of the other SIMs transition to TGC 2019 while we are stuck with TGC 1. Can you please shed some light in this?

I was under the impression it was free also, it was honestly the main reason I bought the full version in the first place.

Comment

Anything new I've missed on this front recently? Official announcements...timeline...thanks.

Comment

Just ordered my r-motion and thinking the same thing. I might play the 15 courses for a bit and see if there's any news.

Comment

I want to drop the loot for the upgrade, but waiting to see if 2019 is included first.

Comment

Any updates? My wife seems to have shutdown my skytrak pirchase for now, so I want something cheap for the time being that I can integrate with skytrak later. Therefore I think r-motion is the only option, right? While sky pro can integrate with skytrak, I don't believe it has much to offer stand-alone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Rockstar1974
              Rockstar1974 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is correct. Sky pro only works with the skytrak software. R- motion works with skytrak. I went the same route as you, bought r- motion and then bought skytrak. I have to say I don’t ever use the r-motion. Just so much easier to use skytrak. Don’t have to change the adapter from club to club.

hotshot22 this has been my path as well. Got the R-Motion to get my feet wet. I am still working with Rapsodo to get mine working correctly as it seems to get a hic-cup mid way through playing. But I got to say, it has been scary accurate with ball flight compared to GC2... not so much on starting path, but for introduction into this world of simulators I am very happy so far with my purchase. Not enough to jump into the license upgrade yet but really want to get to that point with this. That being said R-Motion support has been solid so far and once I get everything worked out I see the TGC tour coming and adding SkyTrak for the ball data (with wife approval... lol) as well!

Comment

• hotshot22
              hotshot22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol I know! I think I'm going to start a thread on tips to get said "wife approval". I'm building my setup cheap right now but with all dimensions so that i can easily attached a ST in future. Starting with net and the I already have, but then can add impact screen in front of net along with projector then ultimately the ST unit. Just ordered most of my parts and will hopefully start EMT frame assembly this weekend.

Hello all, I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on RMotion, but want to know if TGC 2019 will be supported. I had TGC2 on XBox but it's no longer active, as far as leagues and competitions so would hate to get the RMotion and have TGC1 with no competitive matches available online.

Comment

Rapsodo Any updates?

Comment

I wrote someone from R-Motion and asked about their plans for the R-Motion and TCG 2019.
                Here is the response I got..

William,

We are working on the TGC 2019 update right now actually! Hoping to release it to everyone in the next few months.

It will come as a free upgrade and should work with your full license if you've already upgraded.

Thanks, B Dietrich

So.. this looks promising for the update... may just take a little while.

Comment

The same rules for the free upgrade apply to R-Motion full licenses as for every other simulator , Check https://tgcsim.com/upgraderequest/ to see if you are eligible

Comment

I got a message from Protee that i can get the free upgrade to TGC 2019. So i have to wait for the r-motion sim support for TGC 2019?

Comment

Has anyone else installed the TGC 2019 interface for R-Motion? I know 2019 wont work but there is an option to pick TGC 1 as well. I got my license/some brief instructions but when I open the rmotion interface it takes me to the initial install. When I try to get the free license (which opens up the menu on the left side to put in the full license) i get an error. Sent an email to protee but wondering if anyone else got the upgrade and has installed the newest TGC license file?

Comment

I’ve also gotten the email or the free upgrade but haven’t used it yet. Please let us know what response you get.

Comment

They told me there must be an issue and to uninstall 2019 and reload the old TGC, guessing they will sort this out closer to the integration, i am currently changing my set-up to the sports screen in my garage once i have done that I want to see how the graphics look and then I will uninstall and reinstall TGC 1 for now. Good to know that i got the upgrade!

Comment

R-Motion has not released the integrated TGC2019 application yet. Hoping to have it ready soon but we want to make sure it is working perfectly before we release it. In the meantime please use the previous TGC version that works with the R-Motion interface.

Comment

• Gresh12
                              Gresh12 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Will R-motion and Skytrak integration with TGC 2019 be incorporated on a continual basis?

I have both devices and the full TGC license but I’m under the impression that only one specific TGC version works with both devices. I think I’d have to downgrade my TGC version to use my R-motion. I don’t really like TGC as a range anyway but I’m hoping 2019 will make it worth linking the devices.
                          Working...
                          X