Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

Previous R-Motion Customer, Improvements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burtgolf View Post
    Alex Cole I was waiting to see if the whole set with all 14 clips was going to go back on sale before purchasing but with your second comment I might just get the one clip and sensor deal if this is working for you switching clubs. Looking forward to see your video or pics of how your doing without the clips! Thanks for sharing!
    I also use the "Poster Putty" to attach the sensor to the clubs. I have a ring of tape on each club marking where the bottom of the sensor goes. This works perfectly.

I haven't put together a video of the putty setup specifically, but I do video all of my round and push them live to YouTube.

This is from the 2nd Round of the QBE Shootout:

Comment

• Burtgolf
      Burtgolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool indeed! Nice round too! Was a nice watch glad you shared it. Are you able to do a quick video or picture of how your attaching the sensor? Would be much appreciated before I spend the extra $99 on the clips! Thanks again!

• braycobb
      braycobb commented
      Editing a comment
      Here is a short video on using the putty.

https://youtu.be/T-4vuUZYC3Q

Sorry about the audio. Hopefully, you can hear it well enough.

• Burtgolf
      Burtgolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah audio was weak but I was able to max my setting outs and was clear enough. I posted a comment under your video with a question or two about the putty. Didn't want to double post it here too...Thanks again for providing this so quickly!!

Optishot Ewww lol Never worked over multiple units and multiple locations. R-Motion is perfect for what it is. I'd also put P3 Proswing up there too from my testing.

Comment

To me; R-motion is the gold standard for these IOT (Internet Of Things) devices. It has the best physics modeling I've found on these devices giving very realist modeling to the main host simulation software. Rapsodo also put in the extra effort to make sure the device worked and when I had my battles getting it working early on. The R-motion middle-ware is much improved. I really enjoy taking it out for 9.

My only nitpick has been with TGC. I'll be blunt and honest, I don't like the game. No network (meaning social play and lack of interaction with other r-motion users) just kills the fun. Maybe a few people can drop a grand on a piece of software (to get what the $29 Steam version provides) but for this garage golfer, that's not happening. I can go on a whole rant on this because of all the golf games to modify; I think R-motion got burned. It's cool that TGC was modified to provide hooks for simulators, but the disparity between what the game cost, versus the sim costs makes looking at other alternatives the only option.

The next version of R-motion I hope is less dependent on TGC and maybe does the following; 1) Increase battery life. 2) design phone app software to take to the driving range and GPS for courses 3) Swing analysis to help the newbie golfers get their club in the grove. 3) a clip design rethink perhaps using softer plastics; to be dropped in the golf bag. 4) Opensource the middleware for software developers, (or at least document the API for a third party game to hook into). 5) more and more improvements to physics modeling perhaps with AI/Deep learning to improve swing/impact/expected flight modeling.

This R-motion fan would love to see a wickedly cool golf tool that everyone wants in their bag, and in their garage. Absorb all of the comments on this thread and profit from it. We would also enjoy your feedback and thoughts. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks TJ. Merry Christmas to all

Comment

I downloaded the Android version of the R-motion app last night and it looks really good. But I have two questions to ask. Is there a way to specify ball type; Almost-balls vs real balls? I couldn't tell if my ball flight distances were were being effected by using real balls. Second, would it be possible to add a trackman like ball flight trail. I found that when the camera view changed to track the ball, I was sometimes lost as to were I was looking, and staring at the ball on the ground from above didn't really help. I would prefer a trackman like flight trail as the default POV and have the camera follow the ball flight as an option for play back. It really adds value to the R-motion to be able to take it to the range and gets some numbers. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X