Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previous R-Motion Customer, Improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous R-Motion Customer, Improvements?

I tried the R-Motion last year and ended returning it and going with the Optishot because my PC video card couldn't handle the simulation software. I also had trouble with the shaft sensor holder breaking. Has there been improvements to the above? I have a relatively new Surfacebook with a lower level NVIDIA video processor (limited memory), will that now be sufficient? Last question ... is it that much more accurate than the Optishot or do I just have to suck it up and go to a SkyTrak? Thanks in advance for any help. ~ Z

R motion is better than opti, way more consistent and you don't have to worry about lighting issues that some people have. The problem is the computer and they haven't lowered the computer specs for TGC. If i recall correctly, i think they did make a change to holder to address breakage very early on. That's going from memory, so i could be wrong. If you can suck it up and go to ST, that is worlds better than both.

Comment

If your sensor clips are breaking, you may what to replace them with my homemade chip cradles. It looks just like the ones I created for Tittle, except that it's been made snugger. It's been working pretty well for me and I actually prefer them to the clamps. It's easy to make if you have some cheap golf whiffle balls that split in half, and a couple of zip ties.
      Courses Created:
      Cresent Hill KY (L)
      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

They did make improvements from the original design and I have yet to have a clip break since. And it looks like they may have improved on the design again. If you go to their website, it shows a different clip that looks like it has a nut that screws on the backside. I haven't tried these yet.

Comment

Thanks wbond!

Comment

Thanks JB.

Comment

Frankly, the clip issue is less of a concern than the PC requirements. If I'm going to upgrade my PC I'll go all in with ST.

Comment

Since the inception of R-Motion the measurement capability and electronics has not changed. It was a solid design and it still is.

Along the way we have made improvements on mechanical parts. We have had some small number of users suffered from covers popping off and clips breaking. Since than these issues are fully rectified and we have provided a free replacement to all who suffered.

We have also made a new clip which is more innovative, easy to put it on and more durable. Previous and new clips are compatible and we no longer sell the previous type clips.

Zeekio if you have the budget, you cannot go wrong with ST, which is also a Rapsodo product.

Comment

Thanks Rapsoto, I have a Surface book 2 with an i7 processor and Nvida GPU. Will that run R-Motion TGC without delays?

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think You can buy tgc on steam for about $30 to try it out. Then you would know whether or not the computer is good enough

Zeekio it is hard for us to comment on that. It seems the machine is above the required spec but applications, memory etc. impacts the game play. Best would be to try and see.

Comment

Thanks guys, how/where can I get a trial version of TGC or the $30 .. what is "steam" .

Comment

• wbond
                      wbond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Google is your friend. Type "Steam TGC"

I just bought the R-Motion direct from Rapsodo this month so I can't comment on updates since you last bought one. But I have two pieces of input.

1. I have a very old i3 HP laptop with an Intel HD 4000 GPU. I have a newer laptop in the mail and on the way for Christmas but I was so impatient I installed windows 10 on the laptop and tried to run the simulator. I was surprised it runs on all the lowest settings. The only quirk is you can't just keep smashing Enter as the game starts up, you have to allow it to buffer for a few seconds or it will crash. I'll see if I can get a video of it later and post. Perfectly playable for me honestly.

2. I have the updated clip, and frankly have never used it. I bought Scotch brand poster tack from an Office Max down the street and stuck it on the back of the sensor. Works like a charm for $2. I'll post a video of this too.

Comment

Alex Cole I was waiting to see if the whole set with all 14 clips was going to go back on sale before purchasing but with your second comment I might just get the one clip and sensor deal if this is working for you switching clubs. Looking forward to see your video or pics of how your doing without the clips! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Burtgolf View Post
                        Alex Cole I was waiting to see if the whole set with all 14 clips was going to go back on sale before purchasing but with your second comment I might just get the one clip and sensor deal if this is working for you switching clubs. Looking forward to see your video or pics of how your doing without the clips! Thanks for sharing!
                        I just purchased an R-motion and I would hate having to live with only one clip, which I had to do while waiting for the additional clips to arrive a couple of days later. Obviously only relevant if you're intending to use the R-Motion clip system, and not a DIY solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeekio View Post
                          Thanks Rapsoto, I have a Surface book 2 with an i7 processor and Nvida GPU. Will that run R-Motion TGC without delays?
                          I'm running it on a SurfacePro 4 with the i5 processor, with everything set to the lowest settings. I'm just using the surface, and don't have a projector or TV hooked up. Given that the rather crappy graphics are much less of a concern of mine.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how well its been working, as I was initially expecting to be stuck using the android app only, so it was a huge benefit for me to be able to play actual courses and use the TGC softward.

There is a definite delay between hitting the ball and the shot showing up on the screen, but it hasn't bothered me as it gives me time to turn around and look.

I'm in a townhome with a garage that pulls dual use, and had originally thought I might upgrade to a better computer and a large TV, but I'm not sure that's warranted. I could see myself using the surface until I'm ready to go full projector, which may not occur at this house.

Comment

Working...
                          X