Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (GROSS AND NET) winning the TGC 2019 FALL TOUR - Houston Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-nine-bridges
See more
See less

R motion sensor with built-in bluetooth or different dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R motion sensor with built-in bluetooth or different dongle

Hey all,
    I recieved my r-motion sensor last night and it works great on the app. The problem is I think my dongle is defective. I'm working with rapsodo support at the moment but was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and a possible workaround

The dongle won't show up in my device manager on any PC that I've tried (3 so far). I did all the troubleshooting tips (end server.exe, turn off windows defender real time protection, different USB ports/PC's, etc). The only thing I can thing of is that the dongle itself is defective (it also doesn't make a noise or notification when plugged in)

My PC has bluetooth built in, and I've connected similar devices like my wahoo tickr heartrate monitor and kickr bike trainer. When I try to connect the r-motion sensor, however, it won't connect.

Just wondering if anyone has tried different bluetooth dongles or built-in bluetooth and how to get it to work with the sensor.

I find it hard to believe that this dongle is the only dongle that will work with that r-motion sensor and if I can get away with not having to ship back the complete setup for an RMA that would be great.

my dongle works fine, however, I can't seem to find it in device manager either. My pc does make the noise when I connect/disconnect it.

Comment

I picked up a $15 USB/Bluetooth dongle at staples but it doesn't help anything. It still goes through the windows bluetooth service. I can see the rmotion sensor but it won't connect to that.

I'm pretty PO'd at the moment to be honest. I know mistakes and defects happen. But to ship with a completely dead dongle? Where's the testing? There's also an audible rattle in the dongle, which make me further believe it's defective. And, apart from that, to lock down a bluetooth device to ONLY work with that dongle, that seems silly. Why not use whatever bluetooth sensor that's in the PC as long as it's BT 4.0.

Comment

Anytime I have had an issue with the dongle it has been with the windows defender except 1 time it was the dongle. We figured out the dongle by downloading a bluetooth app which could detect if the dongle was emitting a signal. It was not and they sent me another dongle and I was good to go.

Comment

Throwing this out there for anyone else who may have this problem but this assumes the the dongle is showing up in your device manager.

https://rapsodo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...ected-by-my-PC

Comment

I went through rapsodo support. They were great and are shipping me a new dongle. But I'm still not sure why the sensor is locked down to that specific dongle for PC. It can connect to any iOS or Android device but PC needs a special dongle...even if it has internal Bluetooth, or other Bluetooth dongles.

Comment

I thought the TGC license was tied to the dongle. The license isn't needed on IOS or Android.
              No clue why it needs the dongle for the bluetooth though, not that it matters if the dongle is tied to TGC.

Comment

Originally posted by jason25 View Post
                I thought the TGC license was tied to the dongle. The license isn't needed on IOS or Android.
                No clue why it needs the dongle for the bluetooth though, not that it matters if the dongle is tied to TGC.
                The TGC licence being tied to the dongle makes a little bit of sense as to why my internal bluetooth or other BT sensors wouldn't work. I wish R-motion support gave me an answer to that but instead they're just shipping a new dongle.

Comment

Working...
                X