R-motion for multiple users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-motion for multiple users

After a lot of research I think I have decided to buy the R-motion as it fits my budget (if no one can convince me to buy the Optishot2 instead).

One concern I have...
    Do the sensors need to be calibrated each time they are attached to a new club? The simulator will be set up at the office, and all players would like to use their own set of clubs.

if it’s a hassle...could buying more sensors solve the problem (don’t want to buy 14 for each player though)?

Not an R-motion user, but you only need one sensor and just move it between the clips, depending on what club is being used.

I've seen people selling sets of the club clips for the sensor to attach to their whole bag at relatively cheap prices. Maybe each person could spring for clips so you're not fiddlng with alignment every shot?
    ​​​​

Comment

Don't need to calibrate clubs unless you think their off. One sensor move it club to club get more clips and attach them to clubs. FYI in my opinion R Motion is a nice low end simulator Optishot is not much more than a game and it's graphics are not very good. I have both R Motion and Optishot and since buying R Motion I never use Optishot again. Also look at Tittle X I just got it and it is nice a little more forgiving than R Motion but fun. You can get E Connect for Tittle X for $120 a year and it's graphics are outstanding. Cost is about the same as R Motion. Dive in have fun. I will in the not to far off future move up to Skytrac or Mevo + but in the mean time these are fun and will help your golf game.
      Last edited by nbar; 08-27-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for responding, guys 😊

I guess the best thing would be to get clips for all players.

I haven’t actually considered the Tittle X as it looks like more of a game and not a tool for getting better. Is this really a competitor for the R-motion?

I have the Phigolf. It’s fun, but way too forgiving. I want to upgrade.

How is the E6 compared to TGC which I think Trackman is using?

Comment

I have an Optishot and have been playing mostly with the R-Motion for 2 years and just added the Tittle X with e6 Connect. I haven't had a chance yet to spend much time with Tittle and e6. I will get going shortly and give you my thoughts as well.

The clips for each club would be ideal. One thing you can do with either R-motion or Tittle is use putty instead of the clips. It does work. Whether clips or putty, you would need to "calibrate" the R-Motion sensor lofts/distance for each user the first time. Or just try the standard and work with the results.
          Last edited by braycobb; 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by braycobb View Post
            I have an Optishot and have been playing mostly with the R-Motion for 2 years and just added the Tittle X with e6 Connect. I haven't had a chance yet to spend much time with Tittle and e6. I will get going shortly and give you my thoughts as well.

The clips for each club would be ideal. One thing you can do with either R-motion or Tittle is use putty instead of the clips. It does work. Whether clips or putty, you would need to "calibrate" the R-Motion sensor lofts/distance for each user the first time. Or just try the standard and work with the results.
            New member here, like the OP trying to decide what yo buy, for me between R-Motion & Tittle.
            I had been a happy Skypro user, so my initial use case is more practice based - have a sense R-Motion may be slightly ahead in this area. But am up for giving playing rounds a go and feels like Tittle may have the edge there.
            Am worried that TGC is two releases old and Rapsodo have maybe abandoned R-Motion. Plus am UK based and can't find any country based sellers.
            Insights welcomed. Thanks

Comment

Regarding software:

Is the E6 software full version included when purchasing the Tittle? Is it free for a year, and then you have to pay $120 for a yearly subscription?

Is TGC 2019 included when buying the R-motion?

Also...
              What are the three different parts here?:

I guess you need several of these to have enough clips for a whole set of clubs.

Comment

TGC demo comes with R Motion. Think it is 15 courses. No online play available. For $500 you can unlock the full game and play on thousands of courses and play tournaments online. This forum has one every week. TGC 2019 is NOT available for R Motion and never will be. And if it was, it would be a $1K purchase,

I have been using R motion since March on my simulator. It works very well but a few issues.

1. Thin and fat shots are not captured well since it is reading the club movement and not the ball

2. Calibration/setting the club height for the clips at first use is a pain. Some tweaking is needed and it helps if you have another launch monitor to get accurate distances initially (or know your club distances very well)

3. I have an issue with my short irons (9-SW) where full swings seem to be massive pull hooks. Using another launch monitor along with R Motion tells me otherwise, as does my normal hits with these clubs,

For the price and fun, it is tough to beat the R motion. And with a few Ebay options for cheaply made clips, you can add players pretty cheaply!

Comment

Thanks for clarifying and explaining the issues you’ve experienced 😊

Any thoughts on the E6? Pros/cons. Pricing.

One more thing. I already own the Phigolf. How is it compared to the Tittle?
                  Last edited by Thomas Rott; 09-01-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Def. suggest following the "calibration" of the clubs from the instructions for each player playing if using their own clubs. Distance from sensor to club bottom plus club loft will help you get the correct distances for each player. Search the forum as there are threads with tips to dial them in. I haven't used mine in a few months but if I remember you can setup up to 4 players in the Demo of TGC. It has enough courses to keep you playing, but if you are looking for online you need to pay for the upgrade. Just remember this it the older version and not TCG 2019 and there looks to be no plan of that coming to the R-Motion from what we have all seen.

Some of the clips on ebay are bigger/bulkier but the prices are good. I bought 14 from a guy and paid $30. I do take them off when going out for a real round. Being bigger I don't want to break them putting them in my bag. Much better than the price for the originals that come with it since extras are expensive from Rhapsodo.

All in all it's pretty good for the price, it has it's quirks and I can't comment on putting since mine is set to two putt when I hit the green.

Comment

Thanks for the informative reply.

Maybe a stupid question, but do you have to recalibrate when attaching the clips again after playing a real round of golf?

It’s a shame that TGC 2019 will not be available for the R-motion, but to me it still seems like the sim is the best budget option for improving my game.

Comment

Working...
                      X