R-Motion Discontinued?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Motion Discontinued?!?

Just went on the Rapsodo website and when you click on the R-Motion link it takes you to MLM!
    If this is true it really stinks cause it filled a great hole in the market with a product that had amazing potential. I don’t want the MLM or opti-error. Argh

Great company that quits supporting their product as soon as they bring out a new product. R Motion is a real nice low end sim which would have been great if they had upgraded it to TGC 2019. Because of this I would never buy another product from them knowing they would drop you when the new product came out.

Comment

• nbar
      nbar commented
      Editing a comment
      "Great company" was sarcasm these guys the worse the commenters didn't get it.

I dunno, my 2015 vehicle is great but does not support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Should I vow to never buy again b/c the automaker hasn't provided an upgrade path to a 3rd party product?

Comment

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      haha so true. I wish my GMC 2015 truck had this, if only I had gotten the 2016, it has it.

• yorkie
      yorkie commented
      Editing a comment
      Its not the point that they have not provided a upgrade for a 3rd party product, the issue is that it was promised and lots of people upgraded to the full membership on the promise of a free upgrade.

R-motion said:in July 2019:

“Sorry for the delay on TGC 2019, our original timeline was apparently very optimistic. Our development team is working away at an update, so TGC2019 is definitely still coming to R-Motion! The free version will be provided as a free upgrade for all R-Motion users. If you have purchased the full version then I believe it will depend on when you purchased that determines if you get a free upgrade to the "TGC 2019 full version".

Rapsodo, can you just answer a simple question for me please. Will I or won't I be able to buy replacement R-motion clips in future.If so when do you expect (even roughly) them to be available. I have a kit with one clip which i bought on the presumption I would be able to buy additional clips. If i can't get additional clips the product is going back. Please answer

Comment

• jstan22
      jstan22 commented
      Editing a comment
      You need to go to eBay and check out the clips made by 3D printer. Full set for like $40.
      Or, like I do, I use poster putty on the back of the clip (cut off the screw piece) and just keep changing it out for each club. It costs less than $3 for a lot of poster putty and it's faster to change to new clubs.

p_mccann pls reach out to support.

Comment

Originally posted by p_mccann View Post
      Rapsodo, can you just answer a simple question for me please. Will I or won't I be able to buy replacement R-motion clips in future.If so when do you expect (even roughly) them to be available. I have a kit with one clip which i bought on the presumption I would be able to buy additional clips. If i can't get additional clips the product is going back. Please answer
      You can always buy more clips here https://www.ebay.com/itm/283849842654

Comment

Found this on the Rapsodo website... :-(
        Data & technology driven sports products trusted by the best in the game. Affordable, portable and easy-to-use. Measure to master with Rapsodo®.

Comment

Wow 😭😭😭
          What an amazing product that fit the market and had endless potential if they actually worked on it. Unreal.

Comment

Wonderful. Just bought it this spring and now it's discontinued before a single update. They offered a deal on the MLM, which is great... except I don't use iOS, so that's worthless to me.

Comment

• nbar
              nbar commented
              Editing a comment
              I would never buy another product from these people they would drop it as soon as they came out with something new.

I cannot get over the fact that we were PROMISED TGC 2019 at no cost. Literally the only reason I ordered the full TGC in the first place was it was an investment for 2019

I am not interested in the launch monitor.

Comment

I would only buy the MLM if it works on Android or PC (no IOS) with simulation (TGC 19 or others).

Comment

Well maybe we should morph the R-motion group into 'Club Trackers' or something more generic. TittleX Play is a nice modern unit that's a superior swing monitor to R-motion but seems to be relegated to the 2nd tier of club tracking LMs. Same with the Phigolf system which has a technically better 9DOF tracking chip compared to most 6DOF chips like the R-motion used. With TittleX it uses E6 Connect, and with Phigolf it software is WGT. I wish I could play TGC one more time just to suffer through it, but sadly my R-motion gave up the ghost about a year ago.
                Last edited by Chuck; 12-01-2020, 04:01 AM.
                Courses Created:
                Cresent Hill KY (L)
                Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Working...
                X