Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

A very low budget build with E6 & Tittle X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zofskeez
    replied
    Thanks for the posts everyone! This thread really helped and I decided to try out a refurbished Tittle X from SwingLogic which arrived a couple of days ago. After the first few swings on the e6 range there was definitely a smile on my face. As others have mentioned it was necessary to configure the distance adjustments and I have found that boosting the woods 10% and leaving the irons at 0 suits me well.

I've only used the impact trainer thus far and that was my primary reason for picking this up since I don't have room indoors to swing a club. I really like the click they added and the overall build of the impact trainer feels good to me.

My experience with it is limited but I feel like it's hard for me to slice the ball which is something I do periodically with my driver. I'm generally a pull/hook hitter, especially with my irons and I'm seeing that in the sim which is great but it doesn't seem to be reading my swing path, even when I'm trying to exaggerate a slice. My thought is that the club face may be square or even closed at impact but coming across the ball should result in a slice and it doesn't seem to be calculating that. If anyone has any suggestions that would great.

I've played 2 rounds so far and I'm really enjoying it. The only thing that is really bothering me is the robot voice in e6 that calls out ready and the distance to the hole incessantly. I emailed SwingLogic support about disabling it but haven't heard anything. I also opened an incident with e6 and so far it sounds like there is no way in the software to disable it. I followed up asking if there would be an update to fix that but haven't heard back yet. Even if you turn down all the audio sliders in the e6 settings the voice is still there which is crazy. If anyone has figured out a way to disable this I would sure love to hear it. Right now I have the output from e6 muted in Windows which isn't a huge deal but I would really like to have the sound effects to enhance the experience.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Almond
    replied
    I just got the Tittle X,now known as the SLX MicroSim. It recently got some partners in the US and so I figured I'd give it a go. I went live on FB with it and actually really love the results. I went ahead and signed up for the $9.99 a month subscription with E6 Connect to get the 40 courses and mini games. While I like the versatility of the swing stick I love it on my actual clubs. It took me a little bit to figure out the settings and get it up and running but after I did I have no complaints. I found that in order to match my actual real life distances I needed to boost the woods +5%. No boost on the irons. The distances are spot on with my real life numbers. Swing path is pretty much my typical swing patch. All in all. I highly recommend. Anyone wants to share info on here and play a round on E6 online sometime let me know. I might setup a discord channel for it soon. Going to try and talk a few of my friends into getting it so we can all play together during the off-season.

I did realize with the swing stick if you boost both by 10 that it is a lot closer to my real life distances. I was actually impressed with the feel and weight of it. Feels like you are swinging a real club and would be great for anyone who is looking for a sim on a budget and are limited for
    space.

My live video can be found here. You can see me run into a few issues throughout but mostly just user error and putting it on upside down. Lol
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1512323751

Leave a comment:

• Monaghanman
    replied
    Hi All,

I just want to update the post with my views on this device as I believe it has changed my golf game for ever.

Quick summary - I bought this clip on device with E6 simulator software during covid lockdown. I am a once a week player, off a handicap of 20, my driving and iron shots were fairly good but inconsistent and occasionally I would have real shocking shots, typically losing the ball with a long slice. My initial purchase was to see if I would spend time on a simulator if I invested in a radar type simulator.
    I found after a month or so with the TittleX that I was not getting consistent distance, no matter how fast I was swinging the club. I searched online and through various forums I realised that my setup was nat correct, biggest issues - hands too far forward at address, head movement in back swing and hip movement. Through March and April I worked on a new swing and I could see the changes in ball flight on the simulator.
    Then covid restrictions were relaxed and the courses opened. I didn't have a chance to go to the range to test the new swing so standing on the first tee box was interesting but I stuck with it, I started playing really well, confidence grew and sure enough a few competition wins followed. My handicap fell over the summer to 15 so a drop of 5 shots over the summer and a major win in my club.
    No doubt my bad habits started to return and I didn't have time to use Tittlex to correct the errors. But over the winter I will reset the swing with some practice.

I can't praise or recommend this device enough, given the small investment it's an easy decision in my mind.

Here is the link to the manufacturer, https://tittlexplay.com/

And the graph of my HC, so delighted to get below 18...

Click image for larger version

Name:	HC.png
Views:	530
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	349064

Leave a comment:

• Vikesguy
    commented on 's reply
    Where do you go to get the 95 course deal for $120? I'm not finding that deal on their website.

• Monaghanman
    replied
    Originally posted by SimmerDown View Post
    I see the tittle x E6 connect says you will need a GTX 1070 graphics card. Does anyone know if it would be playable at 1080p on a GTX 760?
    Hi Simmer down,

I am using a 2 year old Teclast F5, N4100 Intel chip 8GB RAM and onboard UDH 600 graphics card with 1 GB of memory, this is as far from the recommended spec as one would wish to be. I have E6 set at 1080 video resolution (1920x 1080) and it works smoothly, no issues really. I have tried 4K setting on E6 and it glitches a lot, probably unplayable to be honest.

The F5 as a micro HDMI and far as I know the may throughput on micro HDMI is 1080 anyway so no point going higher for the projector. the touchscreen on F5 is fantastic for gameplay on E6, realigning shots, changing clubs is so easy with the touchscreen.

So I can't answer your question directly but I'm fairly confident that a much lesser PC will run 1080 output and not impact to much on game experience. However a new i5 PC with mid spec video will be my first upgrade in 2021.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• preludesam
    replied
    A 760 might load the game but you would not like the experience. You would probably be watching a slideshow on screen.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...760/3609vs2159

Leave a comment:

• SimmerDown
    replied
    I see the tittle x E6 connect says you will need a GTX 1070 graphics card. Does anyone know if it would be playable at 1080p on a GTX 760?

Leave a comment:

• BubbaP
    replied
    I'd recommend extra clips if using your clubs. I think the strap type are better on graphite shafts, and the regular ones on steel.

I think you do have to be realistic with expectations. The device isn't so different from your zepp and is calculating from there. It doesn't know your exact club lengths or lofts. But as said, I can make poor or deliberately unusual types of swings and generally see the result I'd be expecting. I think there is enough there to work with, in that you'll likely see a familiar shot type and you can move the needle to adjust it.

Leave a comment:

• Monaghanman
    replied
    Ah that's typical, I hadn't gone on the tittlex website since I bought it..... $120 free shipping it's an absolute steal. Delivery was about 4 days for me so plenty of time if you're getting as a Christmas present.

I don't know about the clips, I got an extra set of clips but really I just use the hard plastic clip that slides up under the driver grip and it stays there even when I'm playing on the course with no tittlex attached. There is another clip with a rubber band on it that I attached to the putter but thinking of it now maybe it's to allow easy transfer from one club to another without taking the tittlex out of the craddle..... Interesting.
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• Xdazz4
    replied
    Great stuff Monaghanman!

I see that Tittle are offering free international shipping for the next two weeks ... seems a no brainer for a $120!

In regards to real golf clubs, they seem to offer a multiclip and bands or individual cradles - what are the best options to use for real clubs? If its the individual fixed cradles, would you recommend buying multiple?

Leave a comment:

• Monaghanman
    replied
    Hi Xdazz,
    I'll try to answer your questions.

How do you find the tittle x for ball flight? My shots tend to be straight right which tittlex picks up really accurately. My real life range shots match the tittlex feedback to the android mobile app which is identical to the pc software information. I did try a few of my really open club face shots that would slice hard right, on the simulator they sliced but not as bad as the real life ball.

How well does it work with real golf balls? I use foam ball in the simulator only because of my screen, had I a pro screen I'd use real balls I suppose. But I must say the foam balls are fine. At the range I am using real golf balls and tittlex works well there with the android app.

I will be using it with golf clubs mainly- is it worth getting the swing stick in this case or just the tittle itself (saving $80)? I wouldn't bother with the swing stick, it's a bit of a luxury and unnecessary. When my mates come around for a game on e6 we use a 7 iron with tittlex attached for all the swings - driver to iron just so we are not swapping over the tittlex device.whrn we go to the virtual E6 range then we use the driver with tittlex for a batch of drives then swap to other clubs for batched of those shots.

How is it for drivers with high swing spped (100mph+)? My swing speed is 90-95 mph, j get 210 carry and 20 to 30 yards roll out so that is accurate. I do try get over 100 mph and the drive length increases to 260 total but I loose accuracy. When playing bethpage black or Firestone on e6 against your buddies you can't be wild or your gonna lose.

How is it for wedges? Wedges 100 yards in to 30 yards are realistic. Bunker shots are realistic but you are working from the ideal lie as far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be a lie tight to the bunker lip, leaving the club open and more vertical shaft at impact definitely give more spin on the green. If you land in heavy cabbage then expect a serious loss in distance. Greenside shots from fairway or rough are very different for me, in real life I punch a 9 or 7 iron and roll the ball towards the hole in e6 it always gives you a sand wedge which is probably the right way a pro would do it but it's uncomfortable for me. Changing to a 9 iron can result in chunky shots in e6.so I persevere withe the SW and chip on with high loft. Not sure if I'll take this to the real life course

Hope I answered all the questions ok. Bear in mind I typically use the tittlex with E6 range for 50 or 60 practice shots then play s game on an e6 course.so my experiences are a mix of e6 range work, e6 course play and a trip to a real life range with tittlex and Android app.

Leave a comment:

• BubbaP
    replied
    Originally posted by Monaghanman View Post

OMG what a result..... A hole in one, hope you were in a formal competition.... Over here the GUI give you a €150 prize for a hole in one, it was €260 once upon a time so you could shoot the bar
    Thanks. No such luck, had just rushed out for 9 holes now the course was open again. Was a decent strike though 👍

Leave a comment:

• Xdazz4
    replied
    Hi Monaghanman,

I am thinking of going down a similar route. I currently have a net set up in the garage and use a VoiceCaddy Sc200 launch monitor and a zepp swing analyser to practice during lockdown - its working out pretty well but i really want some visual feedback particularly as i tend to have some very wild drives and I am starting to pull my irons.

Distance i am not too bothered about as the launch monitor is pretty accurate but would love to get some accurate information on ball direction and essentially if i am slicing!

How do you find the tittle x for ball flight?
    How well does it work with real golf balls?
    I will be using it with golf clubs mainly- is it worth getting the swing stick in this case or just the tittle itself (saving $80)?
    How is it for drivers with high swing spped (100mph+)?
    How is it for wedges?

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Monaghanman
    replied
    Originally posted by BubbaP View Post
    I'm the opposite, striving to neutralise an out-to-in.
    To add to the post lockdown stories, after 4 weeks of tittle based practice only, on my first day back on the golf course, with my first full iron swing, I had a hole in one! 🙂🙂👍 First one ever.
    OMG what a result..... A hole in one, hope you were in a formal competition.... Over here the GUI give you a €150 prize for a hole in one, it was €260 once upon a time so you could shoot the bar

Leave a comment:

• BubbaP
    replied
    I'm the opposite, striving to neutralise an out-to-in.
    To add to the post lockdown stories, after 4 weeks of tittle based practice only, on my first day back on the golf course, with my first full iron swing, I had a hole in one! 🙂🙂👍 First one ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X