With R-Motion discontinued......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With R-Motion discontinued......

I know I'm late to all of this since I've been playing a lot out on the course. I knew they discontinued the product Rapsodo R-Motion but when I went to set up shop for the off season I realized they discontinued the whole entire program. Software and all which I needed to update. Two questions..... can anyone use the dongle and 14 clips? And what is the best and most reliable sim for a similar price since I am now without?
    I am not happy! Thanks fellow golfers.

Give Tittle X a try very similar.

Comment

I was looking at that but am concerned with another company discontinuing a product as well monthly or annual costs to software. Was also interested in the OptiShot because there is no sensor on the club would which make it easier to go between clubs without switching sensors but have heard graphics are severely dated and sometimes does not register shots with longer irons to woods and driver. The launch monitors are all amazing but quite expensive and also run into the software fees. Just looking for help and trying to get an idea if this R-Motion is worth anything or if it is basically a paper weight at this point. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Tittle is very solid; Great device and a great price; Shipping from Korea can be high if you order direct; Come with a 5-course permanent license for PC and Mac versions of E6 Connect; Subscriptions to the expanded was $120 last I checked; Rumor is the Tittle was the device used initially in E6 Connects development; However, Garmins R10 looks HOT; No putting, and spin maybe juiced, but its a real LM; Phi golf is good but going from club to club depends on the grip; Phi also added E6 Connect recently with an IOS license for 5 courses, And Opti is old but fun online gameplay; The graphics on Opti are very dated for sure but it works on just about any PC
        Courses Created:
        Cresent Hill KY (L)
        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Am I correct in saying Tittle and Phi are not approved for real balls? I really want to play with a real ball since I already have that whole set up but I don't want to break the bank being that I'm only using it to get swings in during the off season. OptiShot seems to be in the lead with what in looking for and ease of play.

Comment

I have Optishot, Tittle X and R Motion. I got Optishot first and never played it again after R Motion then Tittle X. Don't like the graphics or the pad you have to hit off of is hard as a brick.

Comment

• KiloGolf
              KiloGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you play with your clubs and real golf balls on the Tittle X? My software for the R-Motion needed updated but Rapsodo does not offer that update so my R-Motion is a paperweight at this point. Is yours still working?

I have played years with tittle and real balls Only issue I ever encountered was the little plastic rails breaking away. I settled on my plastic whiffle ball cradle and problem solved. see my youtube on tittle x with real balls. Tittle plays very well with real balls and I liked it better than my R motion. Note tittle assumes an average club length, so your only adjustment would be to boost or de-boost. Phi works too in my test but I gave up because it was hard to move from club to club.
            Last edited by Chuck; 10-01-2021, 12:11 AM.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

So the R-Motion no longer works at all?

Comment

I play both RMotion & Tittle with real balls, RMotion with full version of TGC (not 2019) & Tittle with E6 Connect Expanded ($120) both file with real balls,
                but mostly use allmost golf balls less bouce back from the screen.

Comment

• KiloGolf
                  KiloGolf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your R-Motion is still functional?

For the e6 Connect Expanded, is that $120 a year and what is included with that?

Yes R-Motion working fine on the full TGC upgrade, the expanded E6 was $120 US for the 90 courses with the Tittle.

Think I read on here that somebody with R-Motion got the full version of TGC direct from Protee?

Comment

My R-Motion software needs redownloaded but Rapsodo does not support that software any longer. Making mine virtually worthless. Any need for another sensor? Any recommendations on a new sim for the same price range?

Comment

You needed to download 2 x pieces of software: 1. the RMotion APK, & 2 TGC Game (15 courses) I checked my old email & the 2 links do not work
                    I have a copy of the APK & will see if I still have the installation file for the game if so will you be able to use them??.

let me know could maybee send over via drop box. Ian

Comment

• KiloGolf
                      KiloGolf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have both downloaded but when I open the APK it says it needs updated. I reached out to Rapsodo who says they no longer support the APK software. That is really all that I need. If you could send that over I will gladly give it a try! I am getting desperate with the weather changing. Haha.

The version of the APK that I have running is 1.3.4, I have just installed this on my other PC OK & it opens and does not ask for update.

Let me know if this is an updated version to what you have, if so let me have your email & will send over via attachment.

Comment

Update:

Through the help of a very generous person on this forum, I was able to get the software downloaded and everything is functioning again with my R-Motion. It really is a great product and upsetting Rapsodo no longer supports it. This also gives me time to save up for a launch monitor in the event things go even further south for the R-Motion. I'm hoping the programs I have now will live infinitely and that will not he needed until I personally want to upgrade! Thanks again to that person and this amazing forum! FORE!

Comment

Well done on getting this working, I've just got a new pc and went to install it and have run into the same issue. With it stuck at the first time setup. I've contacted Rapsodo and they've said there servers off and there is nothing they can do.

Comment

Working...
                        X