Its 2024 and an old Title-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its 2024 and an old Title-X

Something got me the other night as I was watching a YouTube, and I asked; "I wonder if the old Tittle-X would work with "the game that shall not be spoken of here' (it begins with a 'G' BTW) and it lead me on a search. (From now on, let me just call it "The Game" to be brief). The old Tittle-X brand from (Ulike.co.kr) is now sold under the SwingLogic Brand (SLX for short) and has been for several years now. A website indicated that yes there was something to that. So this afternoon I had a little time to investigate further. All the indications were to go to the SwingLogic website; https://www.swinglogic.us/ select <SUPPORT> and dig in. Thinking to myself, I have an old Tittle-X (the green one with three LEDs and a touch-sensitive screen) in the garage. I wonder if I can revive it. So expecting all kinds of Bluetooth madness or battery problems, I jumped in.

To start, you need the 'The Game' with the OpenAPI interface and you need that old Tittle-X (the one that still works). Mine charged right up and had no problem with the battery. I'm on the third one that I ordered a couple of years ago directly from South Korea before SLX; Amazing it came via UPS Quantum Express (3-Day international). So anyway, go to the SwingLogic website under <SUPPORT> select 'GetStarted' and "Pick For Windows/PC Users: Download from the SwingLogic website or the Windows Store". That will jump you to the website to download the new Windows-only drivers. So following that I downloaded and installed the SwingLogic SLX-Connect_installer_1.1.8.exe. Now like a lot of software, you need to create an account; email, password, user name, (and all of the kind of info that should be optional only.) So once you finally have your account set up and are logged in; you have 3 panels; the middle being "Simulator". Selecting that gives you a couple of options one being E6, and the other being the 'The Game'. I picked the latter and it immediately told me I needed to upgrade the firmware. Now comes the Bluetooth madness. I followed the on-screen prompts about upgrading the firmware which led me back to the SLX website. Eventually, it dawned on me that maybe like the old Tittle-X, SLX used my Android to update firmware, so searching Google Play, there t was the Android "SLX Firmware Update App"! So after downloading that to my Android, I gave it a try. The first was to select a device. Mine was the 'tittle-t' at the very bottom of the list off-screen. Believe it or not, it took me several tries before I finally got the SLX Firmware App to pair with the 'tittle-t'. but eventually, I did and made it to the latest version of the firmware '0.5.7'. So now ... off the Android and back to the PC!

So I fired up the SLX Connect, signed in, and jumped to the 'Simulator' panel in the middle. I select "The Game" and launch... Nothing. All I have is a blinking red LED on my freshly charged-up new firmware Tittle-X. The SLX-Connect gave me a hint with a prompt "Is your BLE connected?" BLE means the Bluetooth Low Energy device (ie tittle_t). So I'm running Windows 10, right? And so I select PC-Settings and go to Bluetooth, and do a scan. Sure enough, I see a new device called SLX-Mirosim (4DFF). The Firmware change modified the Bluetooth name from 'tittle-t'.to the 'SLX-Microsim (4DFF)'. So with the pairing, it was back to the task at hand. Getting "The Game" working with my old Ttttle-X. So it was back to the SLX-Connect on Windows, selected "Simulator" middle panel, and the blue ICON for "The Game"'. This time (and it's now about 1hr into this) it finally sees my old 'tittle-t' device as "SLX-Microsim (4DFF)" and syncs up. It launches a connector program Widget that shows up as a graphical pop-over on top of the game on the lower right side. Saying "Connecting...". I didn't know at the time if I was going to need to call the 'G-team' support for a new license, but as it turned out, I already had "The Game" up and running with the openAPI window open, and it magically connected directly to the openAPI interface flipping it instantly from red to green! Bingo "Connected". This is cool as beans man! So I can now run my ES16 Tour Plus 2.0, my goto R10 and Allexx putt rig, and now the old Tittle-X all on the openAPI!

Performance-wise, it plays like how I remember it. The ball speed and yardage were pretty darn good and in fact, most of the numbers were what you would expect out of a good simulator. The only one that was trimmed was the side-spin which because it's based only on face-angle can be inaccurate. In simulation, a lot of shots look straighter than they should. Distance and carry all looked good to my eye. Same with most of the measures that can be derived from a 6-DOF (Degree-Of-Freedom) club tracking device. And damn if putting is nearly spot-on except for the odd way you have to introduce HLA (Horizontal Launch Angle) into it (if you want it). Recall that Tittle-X has to establish a coordinate system by looking for your address. On putting that will always be lined up with your target, so to introduce HLA, you need to line up to your angle opposite to the HLA you want but swing and adjust the putter to target (straight). The club tracker will then add the opposite HLA to the ball and give the putt angle you want. Physics damn it! It's a move hard to work with. That is the flaw with the club trackers, your swing is all based on your address. Anyway, after having a blast for a couple of hours of chips, putts, irons, and woods it's a pretty cool combo working with the clean OpenAPI interface, the SLX-Connector, and "the game that shall not be spoken of here".

Oh, this was all using real balls, a 12ft W impact screen, a 4k projector, and full-power swings. So wow!
    Last edited by Chuck; 03-01-2024, 07:27 AM. Reason: Mis-spelled Tittle-X in the subject line. Arrrggghh and I can't correct.
    Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Skytrak sucked... I mean really? $600 nowadays? The sky had no side spin that meant anything, and not much different from a Tittle-x, personal observation here. I always thought Skytrak charged to much for what it was. Also, flight is calculated by the GAME, not the input device. Well sort of, is some devices you take the raw data and process the metrics the software wants. So a club-attached device will have that. But what's the difference, between a good tracked swing and an optically tracked ball? One is tracked club data, the other is tracked ball data. I fail to see the difference.
    Are you being serious or just pulling my leg?

Comment

Kidding... Lol. Skytrak sucked (the old one that is now $600 (or whatever). Sorry if you bought into it. Me, just $90 (less than 1/6th the cost) and it works with 'The Game' out of the box. No subscription. Sorry, but you just don't understand what a LM does. You already have a 5% margin of error in both; with one Optical, the other and Accelerometer, and Gyroscope. You do have the advantage of AIM. Aim is the ability to line up a shot ahead of the backswing to a target direction. Granted a club-attached device is will set its mathematical axis to zero at the approach before the backswing. An SLX provides feedback by vibrating when the setup is zeroed out. With the club attached units the concept of AIM is that at when zero-ed out, you are directed to the center of the screen, so you have to set aim using what 'the game' gives you. Whereas optically, the setup doesn't matter, it's based on the placement of the LM on the ground, which has the true zero point optically. Optically the original Skytrak had ball speed, VLA, HLA, Spin, and Sidespin, but it was unreliable, easy to misread, and frustrate anyone. But I will concede that when it did read all the values correctly, it did give a nice shot shape. I think with an AI-trained impact model a club-attached unit could generate a reliable spin model based on ball impact on the club face and club path. Currently, it's the face angle and club path. But I'm, speculating about measuring really clubs and real ball impacts.

Given that the club-attached devices are not going to give an exact ball speed, or spin. what they do provide is the ability to attach to a 'Swingstick' and give a virtual sense of a golf club swing in a simulation for limited spaces.
      Courses Created:
      Cresent Hill KY (L)
      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        Kidding... Lol. Skytrak sucked (the old one that is now $600 (or whatever). Sorry if you bought into it. Me, just $90 (less than 1/6th the cost) and it works with 'The Game' out of the box. No subscription. Sorry, but you just don't understand what a LM does. You already have a 5% margin of error in both; with one Optical, the other and Accelerometer, and Gyroscope. You do have the advantage of AIM. Aim is the ability to line up a shot ahead of the backswing to a target direction. Granted a club-attached device is will set its mathematical axis to zero at the approach before the backswing. An SLX provides feedback by vibrating when the setup is zeroed out. With the club attached units the concept of AIM is that at when zero-ed out, you are directed to the center of the screen, so you have to set aim using what 'the game' gives you. Whereas optically, the setup doesn't matter, it's based on the placement of the LM on the ground, which has the true zero point optically. Optically the original Skytrak had ball speed, VLA, HLA, Spin, and Sidespin, but it was unreliable, easy to misread, and frustrate anyone. But I will concede that when it did read all the values correctly, it did give a nice shot shape. I think with an AI-trained impact model a club-attached unit could generate a reliable spin model based on ball impact on the club face and club path. Currently, it's the face angle and club path. But I'm, speculating about measuring really clubs and real ball impacts.

Given that the club-attached devices are not going to give an exact ball speed, or spin. what they do provide is the ability to attach to a 'Swingstick' and give a virtual sense of a golf club swing in a simulation for limited spaces.
        Sorry, you don't understand anything about data capture for sim golf based on your ramblings on this thread. The sensor you are referencing is an arcade golf experience and no different or better than Phigolf or Trugolf Mini, and please stop referring to GSPro as 'the game' like you are in some secret club.
        Last edited by Hannaford; 03-23-2024, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannaford View Post

Sorry, you don't understand anything about data capture for sim golf based on your ramblings on this thread. The sensor you are referencing is an arcade golf experience and no different or better than Phigolf or Trugolf Mini, and please stop referring to GSPro as 'the game' like you are in some secret club.
          Referring to GSPro as "the game", "other software", or "the software that must not be named" is a throwback to earlier forum times when discussion of GSPro would get the post moderated because of an official relationship between Protee and the forum operators. (as I understand it, that is)

Comment

Originally posted by bubbtubbs View Post

Referring to GSPro as "the game", "other software", or "the software that must not be named" is a throwback to earlier forum times when discussion of GSPro would get the post moderated because of an official relationship between Protee and the forum operators. (as I understand it, that is)
            This may be, but this reference is unnecessary. The OP seems to be promoting this sensor as able to provide an accurate simulation experience far beyond what it's price tag indicates. There is nothing wrong with it being a competitor to the Phigolf or similar products, but it's a swing stick sensor, that's all. It's not a launch monitor in any way.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
              bubbtubbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Just providing background. I never thought any of these devices had value beyond entertainment so we're in agreement.

Oh I don't know. My Tittle-X has done a pretty good job over the years. Now that it can play "The game that shall not be spoken of here" on the OpenAPI, it makes it easy to compare. At a sub $100 price for the tracker, and some change for the clips, you can get into a world-class simulator with a pretty low entry price. For beginners, or times when your normal sim isn't available, I think it the Tittle-X (SLX Microsim) can do a pretty good job. Based on what I see, I think it might shock the golf snobs.
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Hi Chuck,

can you make a video of playing with Tittle X and GSPro from starting the device and starting GSPro and playing a hole?
              This would be awesome...

Comment

You know, I haven't done a Tittle-X video in a long time. It is about time for an update. Let me see if I can put one together this weekend and see how it goes.
                Courses Created:
                Cresent Hill KY (L)
                Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Well, I'm going to concede one thing with this device and will admit, it's not that accurate. It's good and will give you a good "Feel Like" game, but it's not bang-on-the-money accurate. What the SLX team has done to bring this device to E6 Connect, GSPro, and Awesome Golf is amazing. I can only imagine that it will get better with time and perhaps a calibration step to sharpen the variables of the golf equipment used.
                  Courses Created:
                  Cresent Hill KY (L)
                  Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                  Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                  Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

It's clear that this device cannot compete with more expensive ball measuring devices. But I like playing with almost golf balls and as you wrote you can feel the game... ;-)
                    Did you find the time to make a video of starting and playing Tittle X and GSPro?

Comment

Joe_S If I can get time to re-set up my old camera I'll get it out. But yes, if you have the "game that shall not be spoken of" with the OpenAPI, it's worth downloading the new connector from the SLX website. So here are some URLs to help find this.

And the download;

Courses Created:
                      Cresent Hill KY (L)
                      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Working...
                      X