• NEW: TGC for R-Motion Golf

Click image for larger version

Name:	rmotion.jpg
Views:	7070
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	88489

Full article : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/articl...ion-innovation

Product Info : http://www.rmotiongolf.com/

If people have a very limited budget, this could be a good option. I wonder thought with all the negative comments about shaft mounted devices, will there be issues? It only lists four holders though, will you need more for a full set or do you only do driver wood iron putter? Fun times with all the new tech that keeps popping up.

Comment

• ProTee United
      ProTee United commented
      Editing a comment
      Great device for a limited budget. Hit into a net and play TGC on a monitor. Can't make it anymore affordable. You can play with every club in your bag.

four holders I guess to keep the price at the point it is-I think it said 300. I guess you could move them or purchase more. The most interesting part I found was Rapsodo is involved - they helped make the skytrak.

Comment

• ProTee United
      ProTee United commented
      Editing a comment
      You can purchase more holders.

looks intriguing I wonder how that weight will affect swing, look at PROTEE into that Top Secret R&D now, great surprise Dennis i mean 007.

Comment

• ProTee United
      ProTee United commented
      Editing a comment
      It weighs almost nothing. You don't even notice its there.

• aeroburner
      aeroburner commented
      Editing a comment
      cool looking forward to seeing it put to youtube

Is the TGC software a separate purchase or is it included with the device.
    Opti for 300 or this with TGC. Pretty sure i would go with the latter.

Comment

I've had the good fortune to pretest RMotion and it's quite impressive. It fits easy on your clubs, it's quite secure and doesn't slip, it is very light weight and it easily transfers from one club to the next. I would recommend one gets enough holders for your full set of clubs if playing a full round. The connection to TGC is easy requiring a donge and liscence to get the limited 15 courses. I think it's more money for full TGC. All clubs in the bag can be played. 2 requirements that are critical for ball striking are club selection and squaring your Clubface to the target set by game. This is important. The unit doesnt know your target line and that is assumed your square to tge target. The unit like most club attached swing analyzes will analyze your swing (speed, path, face angle, shaft lean and lie at adress and impact, angle of attack, swing plane etc etc.). Ball data is obviously derived using all these variables. It does a great job with draws and fades. It does a good job with ball speeds. It predicts ball direction well based on well struck shots. Obviously shanks and really poorly struck shots are not read well. It even adjusts launch angle I think based on AOA, swing plane , shaft lean and lie changes etc. It's quite impressive how it increases and decreases the launch angle appropriately. It still needs the appropriate club selection however. Chipping is good with all clubs. Putting is very good. The amazing thing with this unit is practice swings are not read at all. Something in the unit recognizes ball impact and only triggers when you strike a ball, whether that's full swing, chipping or putting. It's impressively neat!

Bottom line is this device is great for those on a limited budget. It provides very decent club data that translates to a ball flight allowing for TGC gameplay. Is it accurate like Protee, Skytrak, GC2? Of course not. But it only costs $300. It certainly rivals units like Optishot, P3Pro or Golfpro (former electric spin launch pad). The added advantage over these units is less setup, ability to hit off any surface and of course TGC play.

More reviews to come.

Comment

Does it show all the data the way other analyzers do (like zepp) so one can use it for working on their swing?

Can we use it with our regular TGC Sim to play other courses etc?

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          It does not display the Swing Plane like zepp. Maybe in the future.

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
        Does it show all the data the way other analyzers do (like zepp) so one can use it for working on their swing?

It shows all the club and ball data in TGC. I don't think it is integrated with any other hardware. You can play TGC courses for sure. If you already have TGC I am not sure how the liscence would work to allow one to play full courses and not just the 15 that the base unit provides. Good question for Protee.

Comment

This is a far better option than optishot. It's a low end sim option. Beats hitting balls into a net.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
            This is a far better option than optishot. It's a low end sim option.
            Why is it a far better option than optishot? Is it more accurate? The optishot is a low end sim option too.

The optishot has far more courses than 15. And a full sim tour. And very polished sim software (albeit graphics aren't as good).

Not saying it is or isn't...just don't know what that comment is based on.
            Last edited by FaultyClubs; 12-07-2016, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• ProTee United
              ProTee United commented
              Editing a comment
              R-motion gives you launch angle, does not require to hit of a pad and has no cables. Also no yearly fees. Hit off any surface.
              You can easy upgrade the 15 courses to 100,000+ courses.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              I was referring to the technology. I believe you can run full TGC but it'll be a lot more money to do that.

• Bubba22
              Bubba22 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's certainly in line with Optishot. It does provide more club data. The launcha angle is better estimated with this vs Optishot, plus you can hit off any surface. Certainly some advantages over Optishot. Downside is changing the unit on clubs and user defined target line.

It would be nice if they could integrate it with skytrak so you have the more accurate ball data from skytrak and club data from R-motion.

Comment

• Lefty13
              Lefty13 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree!! I was wondering if there's a way to get the angle of attack, path, club face from this device and get it to work in conjunction with the Skytrak... I'd pay some money to get the club data on top of the ball launch data at the same time to help improve the swing!

• Sascha1818
              Sascha1818 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes and display it all in TGC :-) or at least on one screen. Would be the low budget version of GC2 and HMT

• Sascha1818
              Sascha1818 commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I understand the only thing that you cant see is the spot of contact on the club face. Everything else should be fine. You would even get swing data not only club data.

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
            Good question! R-Motion is an affordable entry-level golf simulator. Once you get all warmed up and excited with R-Motion and TGC golf simulation you probably want to start saving for a full option sim with projector, hitting cage and more advanced hardware.

So if you can afford it or if you are already a lucky owner of a ProTee, SkyTrak or ... why would someone want to use R-Motion for sim play?

Comment

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post

Good question! R-Motion is an affordable entry-level golf simulator. Once you get all warmed up and excited with R-Motion and TGC golf simulation you probably want to start saving for a full option sim with projector, hitting cage and more advanced hardware.

So if you can afford it or if you are already a lucky owner of a ProTee, SkyTrak or ... why would someone want to use R-Motion for sim play?
              For me personally, I own the sky track with TGC but I also own the optishot 2 that I let my 6 and 10 year old kids use instead of my expensive sky track. I would love an option that's more realistic for them without the use of the clunky hitting pad as well. They've shanked a few balls of the sky track case already but thank god I have them using Almost golf balls right now until I'm comfortable with them using the ST..

Whats the cost of the full TGC software? If it's another $999 I'd definitely pass.... Even though the $999 I spent for the sim software was worth every penny and more so far!!

Comment

• ProTee United
                ProTee United commented
                Editing a comment
                Upgrade price to full TGC will probably be $599. The included version with 15 courses and 1 range is probably enough to enjoy TGC like dad ;-)
                We will find out what's possible for existing full TGC license holders.

Originally posted by ProTee

Well, since you asked, I'm a lucky owner of a GC2 but still use an Optishot when:

1) The grandkids play

2) We have parties

3) When we have a lefty player

The Optishot works because it is indestructable, has the famous courses, is lefty/righty and runs on my regular sim computer.

I like the product just trying to figure out if it could replace our Optishot. If I could throw the dongle into my full TGC sim and use either then it probably could.

Comment

• ProTee United
                ProTee United commented
                Editing a comment
                We will shoot some videos of people playing TGC using R-Motion at the PGA Golf Show in January.

Will the R-motion run without Internet?

Comment

• ProTee United
                ProTee United commented
                Editing a comment
                The shipped version of TCG with 15 courses does not require internet. You do need to register the product online.
            Working...
            X