TGC courses for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC courses for kids

I have seen a few posts related to TGC kids courses. I've created a few for those who are looking. These courses are great for kids playing in U.S. Kids golf events or just playing for fun. Here's a list...

New The Fun 9 (2000 yds)
    Kid's 9 hole 2000 yards
    Junior Championship Links at Hammond Farms
    Mia Grand Villa (Kids)

Fun ranges for kids with animals to knock over...

New Range at Hammond Farms (this range has a ton of animals)
    New Desert Range 2 (has some animals but is more designed for skill development)

Turn your kids loose on these courses and ranges and let them have some fun. Let me know what you think, and provide some feedback for future kid's courses. Thanks!
    ​​​

If you search chip and putt...There is a par 3 that has nine holes all 40-90 yards long....My five year old loves it. Thanks for these other ones

Comment

A driving range with animals to knock over? Heck, I want to play that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lgnir View Post
        A driving range with animals to knock over? Heck, I want to play that too!
        It is pretty fun! Check it out.

Comment

• inorkuo
          inorkuo commented
          Editing a comment
          Do the animals actually fall over? I tried it with my kids and the balls would go through the animals. I kept telling then they didn't hit the animal hard enough.

• tlhammond5
          tlhammond5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes... If you hit them on the fly, they do fall over and stay down.

• Jtangm04
          Jtangm04 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the animal driving range. Might even make my wife play!

Thanks for the post... will check out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is great - thanks so much! My 8 year old was getting pretty discouraged on the big courses. We will definitely check out. Thanks again!

Comment

Cool thanks for doing this

Comment

I made a decent one this morning, how do I get the file from my steam game into the simulator software to publish? Don't wanna wait for a sync to happen to give it a play...

Comment

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
                I made a decent one this morning, how do I get the file from my steam game into the simulator software to publish? Don't wanna wait for a sync to happen to give it a play...
                Would love to help but I'm not sure what your question is. If you created it on TGC just push the publish button on the main menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyd9366 View Post
                  Cool thanks for doing this
                  I love doing it. I'll be making more and updating the post.

Comment

Originally posted by inforpar View Post
                    This is great - thanks so much! My 8 year old was getting pretty discouraged on the big courses. We will definitely check out. Thanks again!
                    No problem. I love making these kid's courses. I'll be making more and updating the post. Does your eight year old play in US Kids? My daughter is eight and these 2000 yardish courses are perfect! I set the pars to their yardage as well.

Comment

My son is 3 and as soon as he turns 4 I'm putting him in us kids golf . I got my sim with him in mind he's had a club in his hand since he was 1... lol. Next rory??? Who knows. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyd9366 View Post
                        My son is 3 and as soon as he turns 4 I'm putting him in us kids golf . I got my sim with him in mind he's had a club in his hand since he was 1... lol. Next rory??? Who knows. Lol.
                        That's great! Starting them early is key... Just make it fun and don't let him get burnt out. My daughter is 8. She started when she was 2. I'm not sure what age US Kids allows children to enter tournaments, but I think it's 5. My daughter started at 5. She plays in tournaments all over the east coast and is considered one of the top 20 eight year olds in the world. She is shooting scores around even par at US Kids Tour lengths. She shoots scores in the low 40s on most courses from the ladies tees.

Comment

• vrpunk
                          vrpunk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for kid courses. We don't have the US Kids structure in UK, need something similar. Just trying to gauge my sons scores.
                          When you say low 40s is that on a 5000-5500 yard par 72 (red tees / ladies), so your daughter hits 112-116 gross (before club handicap adjustments).

• tlhammond5
                          tlhammond5 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No. US Kids has different yardages for each age group. For example... The 8 year old girls world championship is played at around 2000 yards for nine holes at par 36. The top players shoot under par without handicap. My daughter shoots anywhere from 32 to 40 on a 2000 yard par 36. She shoots low 40 from ladies tees on most courses. Yardage is normally around 2500. This is also without adjustment. She'll be breaking par by age 12 from standard ladies yardages. These top young players are good!!!
                          Last edited by tlhammond5; 02-08-2017, 11:38 PM.

That's awesome. I know about being burnt out. I played minor league baseball for 6 years in the Mets farm systems, and my father pushed me hard. It was the only sport I was allowed to play when I was a kid. I started playing golf late in my baseball career. I batted left and my father told me if I wanted to play golf I had to learn right handed. Once I got out of baseball at 25 I tried to play golf left handed and couldn't so I stayed righty. By yea I'm just letting my son have fun with golf.. like I said I got the sim set up so we can grow together in the game and if he wants to take it further then we'll go from there. But I'm certainly letting him try other sports and the one that he likes the best he will pursue. How did you keep your daughter into golf all those years.. ?? I think it's great that's she is excelling in it. She must love it as much as us.

Comment

Funny... I played D1 baseball, and our fathers sound quite similar. My daughter has also tried softball and basketball. She still does gymnastics. I was very happy when she decided to stop playing softball and stick with golf. The two swings are so different, and one hurts the other.

She has a love hate relationship with golf... Just like I do. There are good days and bad days. There are also days she just doesn't want to play. I never force her to play or practice, but I do encourage it. I try to make it fun. That's not always easy. My daughter hates to lose!!! When she's not playing well, it's hard to make it fun. She is an exceptionally gifted child, both in athletic ability and intelligence. That makes the learning piece easy. She can literally do anything I or other coaches teach her with a golf club. Believe it or not, she is learning to work the ball at eight years old. This is the easy part of being the parent of a very young gifted athlete. The hard part is trying to be patient, trying to teach them sportsmanship, trying to teach them humility, and helping them just be a kid. The golf is the easy part! Good luck! It's a fun ride, but there are many challenges.

Comment

Working...
                          X