Michigan Golfers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Golfers!

Where are you located? Have you created any of your local courses? If so, post them here so we can all check them out!

About Me: Located in Millington, MI (about 10 miles east of Frankenmuth)

Courses I've created:

Vassar (Old) - Blue Tees 6491
    Timbers - Blue Tees 6422
    Willow Springs - Blue Tees
    Beachwood - White Tees 2007

All Courses are located in Vassar, MI 48768, with the exception of Beachwood, which is in Mt Morris, MI 48458. I also have several variations of the above, white and red tees. Front 9, and Back 9 options, etc.. (All created under my playstation username DeadlyCS)

Just posted one for Putnam national in NY on Xbox waiting for it to be synced so I can play it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With the Sync today my two latest courses will be available:

The Fortress
      Vienna Greens

The Fortress in Frankenmuth, MI is my latest re-creation and one I'm most proud of. Blue tees are around 6800 yards, whites are around 6200 yards, and the reds are around 4800 yards. Its a Par 72 with a couple of water holes, but definitely isnt over the top with hazards either.

Vienna Greens is lessor known course in Clio MI, but is still fun to play. There are alot of trees on this course, so straight tee shots are a must! Its a Par 70 which makes the 6400 yard blue tees play a bit longer. Greens can be demanding as well. With a couple of driveable par fours, I would suggest starting out with the white tees on this one at around 6000 yards.

But hope my fellow Michiganders try out these courses!

Comment

Did you end up finishing Shepards Hollow? If so did it make it in the recent release. What is the name in TGC?
      Originally posted by sturonek View Post
      Ortonville here! Just recently started tackling my first course using the Xbox. I am trying to recreate holes 11 thru 27 at Shepard's Hollow in Clarkston, MI. I am currently through 10 holes; it is a long process!

Comment

I am in Troy. Just started with SkyTrack and TGC. Seem to have a glitch. When playing get kicked from full screen into a Window. Any ideas??

Comment

you should play tgc in windowed mode and use a program like shiftwindow to make it look like full screen. tgc in true full screen has never worked well for me because of the issue you are having where it gets kicked back to window mode. see the video below of shiftwindow in action.

Comment

Ya i play in windowed mode as well.

Comment

Any new members from Michigan? Where u from, and have you created any courses in TGC?

Comment

Im in the Frankenmuth Area, any Michigan golfers here new to the forum?

Comment

• Yahtzee
                  Yahtzee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Played The Arcadia Bluffs yesterday, very well done! I have tried to create courses and no luck so far. Mad probs to your course building ability.

Hey Eddie,

Metro-Detroit here. Just bought a Skytrak and TGC back in April as part of the Masters sale. Currently working on finishing my projector and impact screen setup in my garage.

I know exactly where Millington is as I have family from just south of there in Otisville/Davison, which most Michiganders are not familiar with.

Sully

Comment

• BadEddieKit
                  BadEddieKit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh very cool! If u ever wanna get a round in online, let me know! Have you designed any courses?

• Sully
                  Sully commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will do! I haven't designed any courses yet, but may do so once TGC2019 is released.

• wbond
                  wbond commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm also in Metro Detroit area and have a garage setup as well. make sure to post some pics when you get done.

I am in Blissfield, small town near Toledo. I just got TGC last week just getting started with trying to understand how to use it. My first impression was incredible frustration with putting. I would love to create some courses some day, especially this short 9 hole course I play.

Comment

I live in Ludingtion and would love to play my local courses ( hemlock and Lincoln hills). I am formerly from Frankenmuth though and played the timbers a lot so I have to check that out. I’ve only had my sim set up for a few days now and am loving it. How do you get all the measurements for the courses you’re creating?

Comment

Kalamazoo Michigan
                    I haven’t created any courses yet.
                    Harbor shores would be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Dshamel View Post
                      I live in Ludingtion and would love to play my local courses ( hemlock and Lincoln hills). I am formerly from Frankenmuth though and played the timbers a lot so I have to check that out. I’ve only had my sim set up for a few days now and am loving it. How do you get all the measurements for the courses you’re creating?
                      Dshamel, what do you think of Hemlock? I'm currently planning my annual buddies golf trip and we were considering Hemlock on the way home from Manistee National. I heard it's somewhat of an unknown "gem" in Michigan.

Comment

Swartz Creek

I've started to create a local 9 hole course where my golf league plays.
                        Is it easier to create it on an xbox compared to a laptop?

Comment

Sully, I love hemlock. I’m a member there and play 3-4 times per week. It’s a challenging course but a lot of fun. It only plays about 6300 from the blue tees but it’s more about shot placement there. Definitely check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X