• TGC Patch 3.02

Solution for : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...-am-i-that-bad
    New option available in settings file.

Putting Straight=OFF

For Horizontal Launch Angle (HLA) to be always 0 when putting use:
    Putting Straight=ON

Download the patch:

And just in case you need to revert back:

Is there anything else in the patch that I might be interested in?

Comment

OK, moving on.

What is the status of use for tournaments? If it's allowed, does it start immediately or at next weeks tournament?

Comment

I'm all for having it on for tournament rounds. Really frustrating when you get the +/- 3 degrees thing on a 7 footer. Someone posted a video a while back (might have been Brettskermetzger ) testing the putting with a HotWheels track or whatever it was, it really shows the inconsistency.

Comment

The patch is available for use in tournament play immediately. It is available for all sims. It's use is optional.
          Last edited by keither5150; 03-24-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Great to hear guys. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Holy crap!!!!! I just went "down the rabbit hole" by clicking on the link to the discussion behind the TGC patch. All I can say is good luck with all of that........

I have one question, is this only for Skytrack users? Is there any benefit for ProTee users? and.....I hate to ask this.......is this giving users an advantage in putting? (Sorry, that is actually 3 questions)

Comment

It is available for all users. Check your data and do some testing. If you feel that you will benefit from the patch, feel free to install it. I really don't think that it will be much of an advantage. How many putts do you see with zero break. Therefore weight is key for accurate putting. ST putting correction had a occasional randomness of 3 degrees which could cause a player to miss from 10 on a straight putt. Some sims are accurate enough that users will feel that it is less realistic with the patch on. Available to all......yes...... required to play No........ Ok'd for use in tournaments Yes.

Comment

• awisnia
                  awisnia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So - do the GC2 guys now get a new "putting forgiveness" setting to use in tournament play? or do the have to stick at the 2 setting??

Can someone please provide the "Cliff Notes" version of this. I am a ST user and encounter the random right or left putt often. This patch allows me to force HA to 0, which I like. Isn't there also a Putting Correction in the TGC settings? What is this setting for? Seems like to putt in the most realistic settings I should force HA to 0 and turn off putting correction.

Comment

• BadEddieKit
                  BadEddieKit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will override the existing putting correction setting. The existing is to rein in the putts from 3+ HA and cap it at 3.
                  Last edited by BadEddieKit; 03-24-2017, 03:59 PM.

Check this out....

I was downloading and looking at tour data as a followup to the thread that brought us here - I took two low-handicap tour players with GC2s and two with SkyTraks and began to analyze the putts. (over 2,000 combined).

Maybe it's not new information, but it wasn't mentioned in the putting thread, but the guys with GC2s do not have a single data point at +1 or -1 H.A. you get a 0.0 or a 2.0 (or more)

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the Foresight firmware has algorithms that make some percentage of "pretty straight" putts output at 0.0 and forces others out to at least 2.0.

Unless there's already a similar technique in the GC2 TGC interface,

Here, picture's worth a 1,000 words. I do note that:

---GC seems to put out more of an expected bell curve than the ST.

---While GC has a 70% to 68% edge on 0.0 putts - ST has 81% to 70% within the +/-1.0 band

again, only two players per chart - more would be better. Someone might be really bad or good!

Plenty of numbers up there to crunch...
                Gca Gcb Stb Sta
                -4 1.9% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0%
                -3 4.9% 1.9% 3.1% 7.4%
                -2 11.0% 9.7% 3.7% 5.9%
                -1 0.0% 0.0% 4.2% 7.0%
                0 68.7% 71.2% 66.9% 70.4%
                1 0.0% 0.0% 10.7% 3.7%
                2 9.4% 9.8% 6.8% 3.4%
                3 3.0% 5.6% 4.6% 2.2%
                4 1.0% 0.8% 0.0% 0.0%
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ST dispersion putting.png Views:	1 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	112174
                Click image for larger version  Name:	GC dispersion putting.png Views:	1 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	112175

Last edited by awisnia; 03-24-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                  GungHoGolf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Since some players don't take the time to aim putts in TGC, but rather just hit them into the break on purpose like in real life to save time, are you sure you can trust that data?

• aja
                  aja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GungHoGolf - Some players don't "aim" their putts not to save time as you suggest, but rather because they choose to play golf on the sim closer to the real life version where there is no option to "aim" your putt via a keyboard as if playing a "video game".

• awisnia
                  awisnia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GungHoGolf that's a great point. These are not necessarily known putts attempted straight down the line. great peer review. Although - if you use the patch, you need to putt the line. Do GC2 guys putt the line with the forgiveness setting?

Thanks for the patch. I will give it a try tonight.

Comment

Awisnia, Look at my tour data with the ProTee putting sensor. 0 or 4, no in between. A slight push or pull (I think even less than 2 degrees a lot of times will give me 4 degrees. At least with a 2 some putts might go in, 4, no way. I'm hoping to get ProTee to give an hcam putting option like Keithers but no luck so far. Not sure if I will go with the patch. If I hit it dead straight, it's OK, otherwise, I'm screwed.

Comment

• Bnorman58
                    Bnorman58 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Boerdocs suggestion was right on. I now have increments of 1 degree. It at least makes me hit something resembling a straight putt.

• aja
                    aja commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't be shy gentlemen - please share your ProTee settings info.

• Bnorman58
                    Bnorman58 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Aja, there is an obscure setting that has values from -10 to 10. Putting mat angle something or other. I set this to 3 and it gives me increments of 1. Tried setting it on 2 and it was 2 degree increments. From how boerdoc explained it it divides the default of 4 degrees by that. If I get energetic I may go do a science experiment with a string and protractor and measure angles from starting point from sensor to sensor.

I just tried the patch. I played about 10 holes. It almost helped on a 20 foot putt with a 1/2 hole break. But I came up 2 feet short. I am a little undecided. I might use it for the next tournament to give it a try. The more I think of it, the tape will stay on the carpet.

Comment

I'll definitely give this a try this weekend. Could be very helpful, thanks

Comment

So with gc2 i dont need the patch??? Mine seems to rolling fine

Comment

Working...
                      X