• TGC Patch 3.02

Solution for : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...-am-i-that-bad
    New option available in settings file.

Putting Straight=OFF

For Horizontal Launch Angle (HLA) to be always 0 when putting use:
    Putting Straight=ON

Download the patch:

And just in case you need to revert back:

I played with the new patch today and what a difference!!!! I didn't make anymore puts that normal, but I had the confidence that the ball was going to go in the intended direction rather that push or pull one way or another.

Comment

I played the front 10 with the patch on and the back 8 with it off. Putted better on the back and averaged about 0.5 degrees off center. Plus I did a flat putting course with it off and averaged about 0.5 degrees. I won't be using the patch as I like to occasionally putt off line to save the walk to the keyboard..... I am lazy that way. Same reason that I play with about 100 balls. I know what 3 degrees feels like because at times I am putting at least that far off center. So the patch is a great work around for LM users.... Would be nice to see ST try to make the hardware more accurate.

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to see them make the hardware better, that would be great. Don't know why the slower the speed the worse it is, at least in my limited testing. Now if i can only figure out how to read the damn balls rolling on the grid. Too many misses today, but only because of my read, not the unit.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        by increasing the exposure time on the cameras. The two cameras probably take multiple images of the ball at an exact time. The faster the shot the longer the distance in between images and therefore better accuracy. HA is accomplished by measuring the size of the ball at the start compared to the last image. The longer the distance, the more accurate this will be. GSA's Hcam doesn't need to measure size but rather start and finish to get the angle. High res cameras make it crazy accurate. Changing the exposure time can also help with reading chip shots and spin on slow shots.

Can someone tell me how to set TGC gimmes to 3 feet? Excuse my ignorance. What I had set today wasn't what I was looking for. From what I can tell I had gimme 1 from 0 - 3 feet, but gimme 2 from 3 - 6 feet. Hard on the score if one can imagine, but more importantly still not allowing me to putt the 3 - 6 footers as my intention. Accepting all advice...

Comment

• BadEddieKit
        BadEddieKit commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm. Not sure why it didn't work for ya, I turn the gimmies to 1. I am then putting 4 footers +.

• DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        My "gimme" setting doesn't appear to have a toggle between 1 or 2 yards. Seems to be set at 2. I'll take another look this afternoon, probably something simple that I'm just overlooking.

• BadEddieKit
        BadEddieKit commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be able to use the mouse, can even click right on it.

I finally got around to playing 9 holes yesterday with the patch, and I love it!! I still can't aim for crap, and I need to work on my speed control, but it was nice knowing that the ball was always going to go down whatever target line I picked, be it bad or good!

Comment

Going to try the patch. Guess I’ve been frustrated.

Comment

3.0.2 is an outdated patch. Use the 3.0.3c -> http://golf.symftp.net/download/patc...atch3.0.3c.exe

Comment

• aja
            aja commented
            Editing a comment
            Could you please let us know what this patch is supposed to do?

There is no mention of it on your Support page.

• JackedUpSwing
            JackedUpSwing commented
            Editing a comment
            I downloaded the 3.03c patch and ran it, but I have no idea if it actually updated. Is there a way to see the version. Also, is there a patch notes or anything for this?

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            Its a consolidated patch with some small fixes. Couple of extras for ES16. Nothing special. We don't support older patches. Always make sure you have the latest installed. You can see the installed version in the TGC settings file.

I just purchased and downloaded TGC last week. Do I need to install this patch for the straight putting setting to work or is it already included in my version of the software (I think I recall it being 3.5.0)?

Comment

• liltwigy
            liltwigy commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you even update TGC? I just recently bought it idk where to go or how to update it!!!

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            If you recently purchased TGC you already have the latest and you should not update anything. Installing patches will downgrade your system.

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            3.5.0 is the latest version with all patches included.

I just checked my version and I am running 3.0.0 how do I update to the latest version? Can you send a link to the latest version?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle1 View Post
            I just checked my version and I am running 3.0.0 how do I update to the latest version? Can you send a link to the latest version?
            The link is literally 2 up on post 36
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            London Hunt Club L mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)